Maple BBQ filet is back at Le Cellier!

dmbcrush5

Original Poster
I did a quick search and didn't find this posted on the forums, so I thought I would share...

I had dinner at Le Cellier last night and, as I usually do, I mentioned to the server how much I miss the maple BBQ filet. He told me that they started making the BBQ sauce again because it's requested quite frequently and that I could absolutely have the old version of the filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes if I wanted! He said that it's not on the menu, but the chefs get excited when anyone asks for it. Anyway, dinner was phenomenal and the maple BBQ was even better than I remembered! :sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I so want to dine at Le Cellier in October.... I know it will be near impossible though....
Call 90 days out, you'll be fine. If you want a specific time on a specific day, call at 7AM Eastern time. If you're prepared to be flexible you should be fine just calling that day.

GoofyMom2

When we dined there in April our server told us that they will be revamping the menu in May or June. Sounds like they are addings on new items, but sadly I know they are losing the onion soup.

She said they are going more "traditional steakhouse". I thought they already were!

She said they are adding a dish that is mashed potatoes, gravy and cheese (?). I can't remember what it was called but said it is a very popular dish in Canada. To me, I hope it's better than it sounds! :)

Hurray for the BBQ being back!

TURKEY

She said they are adding a dish that is mashed potatoes, gravy and cheese (?). I can't remember what it was called but said it is a very popular dish in Canada. To me, I hope it's better than it sounds! :)

They are going to go to KFC and buy lots of their dinner bowls (not sure of name), but they have the chicken, potatoes, gravy, cheese, and sometimes corn. They are 3 or 4 bucks so Disney will mark them up to about $20.

rainfully

This news has made me the happiest person right now!!! You have no idea how grateful I am for you posting this!!!!

I always mention that dish whenever I am in there as well!! Glad to know I'm not the only maple bbq freak out there!!! :D:sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
When we dined there in April our server told us that they will be revamping the menu in May or June. Sounds like they are addings on new items, but sadly I know they are losing the onion soup.

She said they are going more "traditional steakhouse". I thought they already were!

Le Cellier revamps their menu slightly every year around that time [or at least as far as I can remember]. It never fails, someone always loses their favourite dish and complains that they'll never eat there again and then someone else comes on and says how wonderful the new dishes are...

I hope the potato dish had french fries rather than mashed... Then it would be "Poutine" which is indeed a very popular dish in Canada! :slurp: And yes, despite the artery-hardening combination of fries, gravy and cheese curds, it is delicious! :slurp:

glendroid

Le Cellier revamps their menu slightly every year around that time [or at least as far as I can remember]. It never fails, someone always loses their favourite dish and complains that they'll never eat there again and then someone else comes on and says how wonderful the new dishes are...

I hope the potato dish had french fries rather than mashed... Then it would be "Poutine" which is indeed a very popular dish in Canada! :slurp: And yes, despite the artery-hardening combination of fries, gravy and cheese curds, it is delicious! :slurp:

That's one problem i have with USA i can't get poutine anywhere!

tigsmom

The DH will be sad to hear that :(
I made a batch the other week and it came out perfectly.

That was my thought as well and, I must say, I do not share your enthusiasm. :hurl:

tigsmom

Have you tried Poutine? My mother always insisted I try new foods before casting aspersions... :p

You would not get me to try it...EVER!!

poutine.jpg

You should not put gravy on fries and as far as those cheese curds.... :hurl:

GoofyMom2

OOOPs, you are correct...it was fries..... :eek:

I will still eat here, the filet is just to die for. Just will have to find a new appetizer. Maybe I will try the Poutine :)

maggiegrace1

You would not get me to try it...EVER!!

poutine.jpg

You should not put gravy on fries and as far as those cheese curds.... :hurl:
Cheese curds...no..but gravy on fries is YUMMY!..:slurp:

Come visit me and get a French Fry po-boy....
Po-boy bread, mayo, French Frys, and debris gravy..(gravy from Roast Beef with Roast Beef Debris in it)..sometimes lettuce and tomato and cheese if you like..

They are yummy..but fattening as all heck..have not had one in forever though!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
To disparage a dish because you "think" it sounds bad ... You don't know the artery-hardening joy you're missing! :slurp:

WDW 3

Just got back from lunch and the restaurant had on the menu - Poutine!
Two versions - FF, gravy with cheese and ff, cheese curds, gravy and cheese.
This is so funny because we ate at Canada last month for the first time ever and saw them on the menu. I had never heard of them before.

(and french fries are delicious with gravy. dh always subs ff for mashed when he orders a hot beef (pork) sandwich with gravy over everything)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom