Map Watch

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Aerial/Satellite Photography

Generally, new aerials take place around January each year. It takes a couple of months before those images show up on websites. Some websites update quicker than others.

The most recent comprehensive aerial/satellite map of WDW (2021), for now, that I can find, is available at the Orange County appraiser's website:

Choose "Base Map" in the top drop down, then 2021 map.​

And Google Earth Pro has also just updated to that map of Jan 2021. The image is about the same as the appraiser's, but a little more grainy, but, you can zoom in further. The app is free...

To see the latest aerial on Google Earth Pro, turn off Terrain and 3D Buildings in the side menu, and then, from the top menu, choose: View > Historical Imagery. Make sure slider is to the right (most recent).​

Unfortunately, their web version of Google Earth Pro has the older aerials that Google Maps is using.​

A surprising newcomer had had the most recent images until the appraiser's website above took Most Recent place is Zoom Earth.

Bing Maps has the same second-place most-recent map that Zoom Earth has.

Surprisingly, Google Maps, which usually had had the most recent aerials (usually updated every Spring) is lagging way behind.

Non-Aerial/Satellite Maps

Not an aerial, but OpenStreetMap has the most up to date annotations of what's what (obviously, some CMs have helpfully marked out what backstage buildings are what -- if you're a CM with info, please continue to update it!!).

Also not aerial photos, but very informative is the RCID Address Finder, which has a mix of some (certainly not all) up-to-date changes and hilariously old, outdated info:

If there are other maps worthy of the list, please let me know!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
It should be noted that Google Earth Pro and Google Maps "Globe view" now has the updated 3D model of the Anaheim parks. So, for example, the new Avenger's Campus buildings are there in 3D glory.

Google Earth Pro's 3d model of WDW, however, is till close to 2 years old.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yea, Google Earth usually takes awhile to update, but glad it finally has again!
Oops, I wasn't clear and I'm not sure if you're responding to my lack of clarity or you got what I was saying, which is...

For 3D views, Google Maps and Google Earth Pro are updated to something very recent for the parks in Anaheim.

For the parks in Orlando, 3D view is still out of date.

Mickeynerd17

Oops, I wasn't clear and I'm not sure if you're responding to my lack of clarity or you got what I was saying, which is...

For 3D views, Google Maps and Google Earth Pro are updated to something very recent for the parks in Anaheim.

For the parks in Orlando, 3D view is still out of date.
Your good, I understood what you were saying. I was speaking from my own experience with Google Earth Pro.

Mickeynerd17

I can confirm Google Earth is updated to January 2021, but you have to access the timeline to show it. When opening the application and searching "epcot" it shows the park from November 2018. Not sure when that will be updated. It's the same for the rest of the property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom