Manta Soft Openings NOW

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
The Setup:
Manta started soft openings Saturday and I rode it twice today (Monday). When you enter the line there is relaxing sea sounding music and to the left and up is part of a tank with rays in it. As you proceed around through the line various other tanks are visible with different fish, sharks and rays. The line is mostly indoors and there are many tanks so the wait is relatively pleasant. Once you get near the ride the line splits into two for the duel stations.
The Coaster: Overall two thumbs way up!
Manta boards and sits initially like a suspended coaster, except it may be a little higher than other coasters. Make sure your restraint is locked down well, it makes the loop more pleasant. A loud sound effect plays and they raise you to a prone position and away you go. The coaster itself is great, it is a little short but the first time you will not be thinking about the length as much. The only knock against it is that you remain prone while waiting for the station to clear which is slightly uncomfortable.

sillyspook13

@RealShamu on Twitter (basically a very entertaining Sea World marketing tool) announced last week that Manta would be opening early.

I have decided to open Manta early. Tuesday, May 5 at noon. Yes, I have that kind of pull. When you speak of me, speak well.

Manta is supposed to be open most days (possibly every day) with possible down times to test and adjust.

*Edit* No confirmation if it opens at noon every day until the grand opening, or if it will run during full park hours.

crazydaveh

Can u confirm it will open on around may 15th til 22nd before grand openinng ? and media day is may 20th right ?

We're not texting here, use real words! All SeaWorld has said is that it's in pre-opening mode from now until May 12. They have not said any officially if it will be open between the 12th and 22nd. I was there on Tuesday, they are having to pull staff from Kraken to run Manta, so Kraken had a longer wait than Manta because they had a skeleton crew running the old beast!

Your best bet is to check Manta's official site and pray to the coaster gods it's open!

It's a great ride! I was able to ride three times. The best seats are the front and back rows! It's worth a wait!

TURKEY

Haven't been over yet. Heard that the back row is the most intense.

Passholders are going be able to ride from 8-9, but I'm not sure what dates.

scorp111

Rode it on the 5th at about 12:05... back row...

Easily the best coaster I have ridden in the last 5 years.. maybe ever.

Certainly looking forward to a Sea World trip later this summer to experience it again.....

kevi8587

Thanks for info i maybe going this sunday or monday coming to check it out, i shall be visiting seaworld at least 3 times on my trip :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom