Man falls out of balcony at CR - New post

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigsmom

DLP Fan said:
There are no smilies. What are you on about? sheryl2007 has smilies at the bottom of each post automatically but the original yensid2005 post does not.

At the end or paragraphs 1, 2, 3 ,4 & 6 there are pairs of smilies - :p :p -
. I have come across these when you copy things from other webites. I use Firefox so not IE so that may be why I see them and others don't. I know barnum also uses Firefox and he also sees them.

She has them because she put them in her signature. He did not type his in, but they were picked up when doing a cut & paste.

jhastings74

FiftiesDean said:
Wow, that's a signifant coincidence that you were in the room directly below.

Exactly what I was thinking...and the fact that the six-foot, three hundred pound man knew exactly 'who they were and what room they were in'...I've stayed on Disney property over forty times...can't say I've ever known who was above me or below me (let alone next to me). All seems a little odd to me...

cherrynegra

I'm not sure how to take the original post since after every paragraph or sentence he posts a :p after it. Why would you post a :p in a post that's meant to report a very serious incident? Add to that that it's a new member and it's their first post.....well......

DLP Fan

There is honestly nothing there when I look. Is funny how some get them and some dont. Odd. I thought you were refering to sheryl2007 with them at the bottom and not yensid2005. Sorry for the confusion.

SteveUK

I'm not getting into the smilie thing, it's obviously as a result of people using different web browsers, but in terms of the story, I am a bit concerned. I am not trying to discredit the original post in any way, but at work my job involves interviewing convicts trying to piece together stories about incidents and trying to get at the whole picture, and somehow this story just doesn't quite add up for me. Maybe I am being unneccesarily suspicious, and maybe it was just the way the various posts have put it, but as I said, it just doesn't sound right to me.

cherrynegra

yensid2005 said:
I have been searching the internet since I returned home yesterday afternoon for any info on this. The thread here is the only information of any kind that I was able to find.
<O:p</O:p

First I would publicly like to convey my condolences to the family of the deceased individual.

My family and I witnessed this event. It traumatized us all, very disturbing. We ended up leaving Monday morning (instead of finishing up the week) due to the difficulty of dealing with this.

He definitely did not "fall" out of the balcony; the railings are too high for that.

The correct timeframe for this "incident" is approx. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:time Hour=3:30am</st1:time> Sunday morning.

We were in the room directly below the room were the "incident" occured.There was an altercation in the room that lasted approx. an hour and a half. Up until the very end, we thought it was children running and jumping in another room.

I was interviewed by 1 Disney security staff member and three police officers. The last officer that interviewed me was a homicide investigator. When I questioned him about what happened, he replied to me that it was only a "death investigation", nothing more. My main reason for asking him was my fear for the safety of myself and my family. The other occupant of that room was a very large man, well over six feet tall and I would guess to be about 300lbs. He new who we were and what room we were in. I didn't want him showing up at our room wanting to discuss any grievances he might have with me.

What I don't understand is how Disney is able to keep an "altercation" that resulted in a death from becoming a story in the news???

On a much lesser scale, we have been guests at the CR for the past 12 years. After this happened, I felt as though we became "invisible" to them. No one would acknowledge what happened. I think they were glad to see us go. I don't think I will ever return to this hotel again.

Yensid

You mean you don't even see it above in the quoted post?? That's odd. If you try quoting him, you will see the HTML text for the smilies. Not sure why some see it and some don't. Could be individual settings on each computer or something.

rainfully

cherrynegra said:
You mean you don't even see it above in the quoted post?? That's odd. If you try quoting him, you will see the HTML text for the smilies. Not sure why some see it and some don't. Could be individual settings on each computer or something.

I don't see any smilies in your quote, and when I quote him I don't see any HTML either.

fiftiesdean

SteveUK said:
I'm not getting into the smilie thing, it's obviously as a result of people using different web browsers, but in terms of the story, I am a bit concerned. I am not trying to discredit the original post in any way, but at work my job involves interviewing convicts trying to piece together stories about incidents and trying to get at the whole picture, and somehow this story just doesn't quite add up for me. Maybe I am being unneccesarily suspicious, and maybe it was just the way the various posts have put it, but as I said, it just doesn't sound right to me.

me too, it sounds a little fishy.....and I'm positive that Disney would have at least offered them a room change (and most likely an upgrade).

Disney keeps things quite like ALL organizations do. How many people are part of a Church, Company, etc. that has hid something. It's most likely not Disney's fault that the guy commited suicide/was throw out so what's the big deal? I'm more worried about companies that hide stuff that they are doing to people. I'm sure the 300lb. guy wasn't a Disney Mob Boss.

TAC

Here, I removed some brackets. I don't see the :p either, but as Gordon said, if you quote the original post, you can see them.

yensid2005 said:
I have been searching the internet since I returned home yesterday afternoon for any info on this. The thread here is the only information of any kind that I was able to find.

First I would publicly like to convey my condolences to the family of the deceased individual.
:p :p

My family and I witnessed this event. It traumatized us all, very disturbing. We ended up leaving Monday morning (instead of finishing up the week) due to the difficulty of dealing with this.

He definitely did not "fall" out of the balcony; the railings are too high for that.

The correct timeframe for this "incident" is approx. 3:30am Sunday morning.

We were in the room directly below the room were the "incident" occured.There was an altercation in the room that lasted approx. an hour and a half. Up until the very end, we thought it was children running and jumping in another room.

I was interviewed by 1 Disney security staff member and three police officers. The last officer that interviewed me was a homicide investigator. When I questioned him about what happened, he replied to me that it was only a "death investigation", nothing more. My main reason for asking him was my fear for the safety of myself and my family. The other occupant of that room was a very large man, well over six feet tall and I would guess to be about 300lbs. He new who we were and what room we were in. I didn't want him showing up at our room wanting to discuss any grievances he might have with me.

What I don't understand is how Disney is able to keep an "altercation" that resulted in a death from becoming a story in the news???

On a much lesser scale, we have been guests at the CR for the past 12 years. After this happened, I felt as though we became "invisible" to them. No one would acknowledge what happened. I think they were glad to see us go. I don't think I will ever return to this hotel again.

Yensid

tigsmom

phlydude said:
I have both IE6 and FireFox

IE - no smilies
FireFox - smilies

all depends upon your browser

You are right. I just checked in IE and they aren't there. Thats what I thought was goin on.

diddy_mouse

i saw the smilies in the original post as well as when it was quoted...

its a truly sad event that happened and i am sorry for anyone to have witnessed it, but i'm getting a fishy vibe from the post (maybe its just me)

Yellow Shoes

Smilies aside, let's go back to an earlier comment:

prberk said:
But I do want you to know that it is not unusual for news organizations to ignore suicides, unless they involve a celebrity. ... it would actually be unnecessarily harmful to the family to say anything else. That is the very thing that we usually decry tabloid papers for doing: stirring things up that only cause further harm.

Less than a year ago, Port Orleans was in the news as the site of some exploitative (and highly illegal) photos taken of a child.

The Disney faithful around here were upset that WDW was mentioned in a story about child molestation.

I think we should be glad that this didn't make the media, as that would mean yet another undeserved "shadow" over the most Magical Place on Earth.

Like prberk said, if if turns out to be a murder, it will be in the papers soon enough.

bucklmd

This is a bit off the subject, but I've noticed this in a few threads lately. Yes, the original post is a bit unbelievable, but I've noticed recently that new members or people with fewer posts are being discredited by some of the "more established" members. I'm not taking this personally, but is this site not for everyone? Maybe there should be an initiation?

I've been keeping up with the site for a few years now, just not a big poster. It's just an observation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom