Man Arrested for Allegedly Groping a Face Character in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Empress Lilly

I read this one story about a man sexually molesting his daughter. I now question the motives of all adult males going to WDW with their daughters. Why would they want to sleep in the same room? Ban it, says I. Adults who go to WDW with kids shouldn't be trusted - it's a proven fact that underage women are more in danger from relatives than strangers.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Even TLC has jumped the shark
What might have started with good intentions wandered off into tabloid kitsch decades ago, lol.

Tarzan in AK must get his share of creepy exchanges too. I'm curious about the Characters' perspective. How frequently does it happen and what changes do they think would make a difference. Maybe the 'arm around the shoulder' rule is discretionary to the character and handler at this point?

We have plenty of pics where we or the character loosely have arms on shoulders in a friendly way. There is a clear difference between friendly and intimate. Normal people enjoy interacting with Characters like they are family; weirdos interact with Characters like they are property for their amusement.

Lilofan

If one was a big exec like Lassiter who was hands on feely with the female staff , and also drank his share of booze during staff parties, one would not get arrested. Gets put on a 6 month paid sabbatical and then leaves with a nice package.

ObscurityPoint

I read this one story about a man sexually molesting his daughter. I now question the motives of all adult males going to WDW with their daughters. Why would they want to sleep in the same room? Ban it, says I. Adults who go to WDW with kids shouldn't be trusted - it's a proven fact that underage women are more in danger from relatives than strangers.
I can smell the sarcasm all the way from michigan.

seascape

There are people who question the motives of childless adults going to Disney at all.
Theme parks need adults without children to attend if they are going to survive. The population demographics are just so skewed towards an older population and with family size decreasing no park will be able to draw enough people if having kids was a necessity to attend. Look at all the food and wine events being added to every park. The future is more dark rides and shows, not rollercoasters and thrill rides.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Theme parks need adults without children to attend if they are going to survive. The population demographics are just so skewed towards an older population and with family size decreasing no park will be able to draw enough people if having kids was a necessity to attend. Look at all the food and wine events being added to every park. The future is more dark rides and shows, not rollercoasters and thrill rides.
I think the agelessness is what makes WDW so popular. We've gone with our son many times, and a few times brought his Grandma or Aunt along. We've also visited as a couple and left our kid at home :p It's a different yet full experience each time.

The Lochness Monsta

This Dbag is going to make it where regular non creepy adults (who don't look like they stepped off the set of Texas Chainsaw Massacre) won't be able to do Meet & Greets.

seascape

I think it would be good if Disney doesn't allow adults to do M and G's. It's time for people to grow up. You're not really meeting the characters from the films. They are Castmembers.
I am an adult. But I will never forgat a few years ago my reaction to my wife pointing out Pooh was going from backstage to his M&G in The UK Pavilion. I yelled out Pooh. The CM then responded and came next to me and hugged me. My wife got the picture but so did the Photo Pass Photographer. It is something I will never forget. It means a great deal to me. Disney is not just for kids but kids at heart. No CM should ever have to deal with being sexually harassed but for anyone to suggest that Adults shouldn't meet a Princess or character it wrong. WDW and it's CMs are wonderful and provide magic and memories to everyone.

Victor Kelly

Ya know on our last trip my ex got me to go around and meet every princess and character because we had done everything else. It is the only time I had ever done that even after over 40 trips. I had a blast. If she had not done that I would have never met the talking Mickey on my birthday and had my mind blown away.

Point is, adults can have fun meeting characters too. I think the people here calling for no adults meeting characters is narrow minded, short sighted and selfish.

mhaftman7

I think it would be good if Disney doesn't allow adults to do M and G's. It's time for people to grow up. You're not really meeting the characters from the films. They are Castmembers.
Ooooookay. People can like whatever they like. You really gonna enforce this policy? Not every situation is black and white. You gonna deny a special needs adult from seeing a character because of their physical age? You can’t establish a policy because of such a small percentage of incidents. There should be zero tolerance. These people should be banned from any Disney property globally for life. That includes any present party members. You can’t honestly tell me when someone goes to do something messed up at the parks, there isn’t at least a “watch this” ahead of time.

mhaftman7

I am an adult. But I will never forgat a few years ago my reaction to my wife pointing out Pooh was going from backstage to his M&G in The UK Pavilion. I yelled out Pooh. The CM then responded and came next to me and hugged me. My wife got the picture but so did the Photo Pass Photographer. It is something I will never forget. It means a great deal to me. Disney is not just for kids but kids at heart. No CM should ever have to deal with being sexually harassed but for anyone to suggest that Adults shouldn't meet a Princess or character it wrong. WDW and it's CMs are wonderful and provide magic and memories to everyone.
My son was so excited to see Kevin in AK, as soon as I saw her, I just blurted (and by blurted, I mean yelled) out her name. She almost immediately came to us! It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.
5A644214-1835-48ED-BCA2-D03277B70952.png
75ABEE83-89D4-41D1-AAFA-8B6653AF7F5C.png
59C6D53F-43C3-4DAE-B447-06ADB161DCFA.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom