Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

glawio

CC really seems to go have gone through development hell from my understanding. They ended up having to make what we know as CC in 5 months with half their budget already blown on the Colossal Pictures version that they scrapped, so I guess everything was pretty rushed. I would kill for some of the production footage, or even just a version of the preshow that isn't filmed on a potato.

"Development Hell" explains a lot, but doesn't answer all my questions...!! Did nobody coordinate what Buzzy was supposed to look like, like was there a moment where they suddenly realized the AA and preshow character looked and sounded completely different? Did they have to do it due to limitations of what an AA could look like/do back then? Was the AA already made so they just made him look like Buzzy? Did his voice actor really go through puberty and that's why he sounds different? Or is he supposed to sound like a 12 year old because he's piloting one? Why does he suddenly have hair when he's an AA?????

Cranium Command is a mystery

GhostlyGoofy

I mean I don’t like the guy but I didn’t want him to die. Sad turn of events.
BDD is dead. Spikes will probably spend his days sweeping a mini mart floor, wondering why he took pics with the dress and wigs.

---
CC really seems to go have gone through development hell from my understanding. They ended up having to make what we know as CC in 5 months with half their budget already blown on the Colossal Pictures version that they scrapped, so I guess everything was pretty rushed.

Wasn't their speed, in completing this project what got the animation directors the job of Beauty and the Beast?

Last edited:

brb1006

CC really seems to go have gone through development hell from my understanding. They ended up having to make what we know as CC in 5 months with half their budget already blown on the Colossal Pictures version that they scrapped, so I guess everything was pretty rushed. I would kill for some of the production footage, or even just a version of the preshow that isn't filmed on a potato.

"Development Hell" explains a lot, but doesn't answer all my questions...!! Did nobody coordinate what Buzzy was supposed to look like, like was there a moment where they suddenly realized the AA and preshow character looked and sounded completely different? Did they have to do it due to limitations of what an AA could look like/do back then? Was the AA already made so they just made him look like Buzzy? Did his voice actor really go through puberty and that's why he sounds different? Or is he supposed to sound like a 12 year old because he's piloting one? Why does he suddenly have hair when he's an AA?????

View attachment 377034

Cranium Command is a mystery
Even the concept art was interesting.

This story sketch showcases Buzzy – the brain-pilot-in-training – receiving a bit of prodding criticism from Left Brain.
Dp41Yz7XgAA37lV.jpg

Even more interesting is that they still kept the older designs for Buzzy and General Knowledge as seen in this backstage photo.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

glawio

BDD is dead. Spikes will probably spend his days sweeping a mini mart floor, wondering why he took pics with the dress and wigs.

---

Wasn't their speed, in completing this project what got the animation directors the job of Beauty and the Beast?

Yep! Kirk Wise said in an interview that saying yes to working on CC was the smartest thing he ever did and that it kicked off his career. :)

Even the concept art was interesting.

This story sketch showcases Buzzy – the brain-pilot-in-training – receiving a bit of prodding criticism from Left Brain.

Even more interesting is that still kept the older designs for Buzzy and General Knowledge as seen in this backstage photo.

I love getting to see this but I also hate it because I know I'm not going to get to see the rest of it...! o_O Archives! Please!

glawio

It also looks like the cast of body parts were going to be animated? That's definitely a cartoon stomach. Hmmmm.

Edit: archivedotOrg has a full pdf of that fall 89 magazine.

Weird off topic question, does putting a URL in your post curse it to stay in limbo? I made a huge informative post a long while back with tons of links to info about the AA and I'm just now realizing that may have been what caused it to hide forever

trainplane3

Weird off topic question, does putting a URL in your post curse it to stay in limbo? I made a huge informative post a long while back with tons of links to info about the AA and I'm just now realizing that may have been what caused it to hide forever
I think if you have below a certain number of posts it may block links, or even the post from being posted (to prevent bots from spamming virus ridden sites, etc). If it was long enough ago, that's what could've happened.

glawio

I think if you have below a certain number of posts it may block links, or even the post from being posted (to prevent bots from spamming virus ridden sites, etc). If it was long enough ago, that's what could've happened.

Ohhhhhhhhhh darn it! I wanted to share my exhaustive and very specific knowledge about this obscure animatronic 🤪 Thanks for clarifying!!

JoeCamel

Oh, and BDD is dead. Not coming back. I’m sure a lot of you see that as a victory, and others not so much. Take it how you please

Someone will pop up to take his place - sigh....

Nope, retail is out with a record of thieving. (yeah, innocent until and all that)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom