• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

glawio

Advertisement
According to the Daily beast article he Turned Buzzy's leg into a Bong...😲😲😲😲
W H A T!!! Did I miss this!? Literally where are these people getting this information!!!!

Demarke

No, what is silly is you quoting things out of context and missing (ignoring?) the conversation started WAY BEFORE those posts you quoted. You're literally missing 3/4 of the discussion by taking things midstream and out of context. For your reference... the conversation started here

To which I countered... https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/man-accused-of-stealing-buzzys-clothing-from-disney-world-arrested.954890/post-8699622
"Disney won't even prosecute people who blatantly steal right in front of them in the parks. As long as the kid gets his felonies, I highly doubt Disney will bother with any civil angles. It doesn't fit their MO of avoiding looking like the big evil bully corp at all costs. They'll ban him (as they have), keep his tresspass notice up and remind him of the consequences of repeat felonies in the state of florida.

They only have ground to lose by trying to bankrupt a customer or squeeze them for a trivial settlement on top of the big prize... which is getting felonies to stick and potential jail time.

Disney doesn't get any dirt on them for having someone goto jail.... but goliath chases 24yr old kid for tens of thousands of dollars for stealing a wig... that's the kind of narrative Disney avoids.
"

That is the statement that started the whole tangent into explaining how viral media focuses on attention and emotional hooks rather than presenting objective reporting. And many getting wound up over me using the label 'kid'. The rest was about clarifying the risks Disney were to face if they were to go after the guy on civil matters besides the criminal matters. Which hasn't happened.

So care to try again?
Without rehashing, even though flynnibus and I disagree (and I’m pretty sure we normally agree, I’d bet I’ve liked at least a hundred of flynnibus’s posts in the past) on the potential fallout of a civil suit from a viral standpoint, I think the following is fair to say:

-flynnibus never said he shouldn’t be criminally prosecuted because he’s a kid (our differing opinions on what constitutes a kid have muddied these waters a bit), he only suggested that’s a potential reason why Disney wouldn’t pursue a civil case if restitution didn’t pan out in the criminal case
- we both agreed it is unlikely to end up with a formally filed civil suit (He based on potential media fallout, I based on the likelihood that they would enter a private settlement with non disclosure clauses well before the statute of limitations ran)
- we likely won’t ever know which of us was right
- I stand by recent media on my position if the unlikely event a civil action did take place, he has his opinion and I have mine, no harm no foul
- it is all speculative, so no need to try to convince either of us when none of us will likely ever know what happened or didn’t happen from a civil standpoint

Last edited:

Kobe!!

Without rehashing, even though flynnibus and I disagree (and I’m pretty sure we normally agree, I’d bet I’ve liked at least a hundred of flynnibus’s posts in the past) on the potential fallout of a civil suit from a viral standpoint, I think the following is fair to say:

-flynnibus never said he shouldn’t be criminally prosecuted because he’s a kid (our differing opinions on what constitutes a kid have muddied these waters a bit), he only suggested that’s a potential reason why Disney wouldn’t pursue a civil case if restitution didn’t pan out in the criminal case
- we both agreed it is unlikely to end up with a formally filed civil suit (He based on potential media fallout, I based on the likelihood that they would enter a private settlement with non disclosure clauses well before the statute of limitations ran)
- I stand by recent media on my position if the unlikely event a civil action did take place, he has his opinion and I have mine, no harm no foul
- it is all speculative, so no need to try to convince either of us when none of us will likely ever know what happened or didn’t happen from a civil standpoint
Grow up both of you. Whatever happens I’m sure we’ll all find out and know eventually.

In other news, I have BDD on Snapchat and just realized they opened my messages yesterday so someone’s still active on their social media...

GhostlyGoofy

Who wants to help me pitch a sequel to Pete Docter? The 13 year old Buzzy once helped get through a school day is all grown up and on trial for grand theft.

I heard Kevin Nealon and Charles Grodin are intrested in reprising their roles.

glawio

Minor Internet fame is a harsh mistress. He's probably arrogant enough to try and dive back into all this after a trial.
I would not be at all one bit surprised if he did indeed go back into it. It's not like you can go get a normal job after having your name plastered all over the internet for stealing thousands of dollars from a former employer.

Also agree with internet fame being a harsh mistress. It can be very difficult to mentally adjust to not getting constant, instant attention whenever you want. (Not excusing this dude one microscopic bit btw) That's probably why he is still checking his snapchat and whatnot. Attention is a helluva drug.

KimAnnFran

Orange County Sheriff's Office described it as an active investigation, so we likely won't know more until someone is charged in relation to this theft, rather than anything to do with his clothes or the Haunted Mansion materials Spikes is charged with stealing.
I'm assuming that they cannot prove or are not certain that the same man took Buzzy, then?
This is quite a mystery.

Do you know which Haunted Mansion gown it was?

GhostlyGoofy

I'm assuming that they cannot prove or are not certain that the same man took Buzzy, then?
This is quite a mystery.

Do you know which Haunted Mansion gown it was?
"Haunted Mansion figure 32A." According to police report.
Buzzy is still an ongoing investigation separate from this current grand theft charge.

Right now it's just speculation that Spikes also stole Buzzy. Just keep an ear to the ground.

MickeyMinnieMom

I never disagreed with anything you have listed. Only made the argument that 1) this "kid" is not at all sympathetic, and that 2) in my opinion, the media narrative would not be spun in his favor. I believe this is true now (which I think there's some evidence of) and even in the incredibly unlikely event that Disney would file civil charges (which I never said -- and don't think -- they would). That's all.

I've already wasted more time than anyone should on this!! Check please!! 😆

Last edited:

embracejg

Ugh who cares? The guy stole stuff and got caught and is trying to be some sort of a media personality... He is a criminal. Don't give him the attention he is seeking...
That's not how any of this works.

This is an interesting news story, therefore people want to talk about it and the press will certainly keep following it. If you consider that giving the guy "attention," well, no one said you had to care. Other people do.

Top Bottom