Mama Melrose's ... Honest Opinons Please

HouCuseChickie

We ate there back in 2010 (F! pkg) and we enjoyed it, but a tip if you're picky about Italian food like I am...don't order anything Italian if you're not in the mood to take chances. DH and I ordered steaks from their menu when we went and really enjoyed our entrees. I don't take the best steak pics, but this is what it looked like when we went and I really enjoyed it...

Of course, my mom had something with tuna (pictured below) and she raved about hers.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/5265526127/]

Everyone else with us said their food was just meh. We're trying it again for the F! pkg for lunch next trip. We'll see what I'm up for next trip. :)
[/url]

Mrs. Hinsley

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone for all of your responses! Im torn because I have heard so many different opinions, My DM doesnt like Hollywood and vine we have had them twice in the past and we defnintely want to do the fantasimic package. I guess we will just keep the ADR and hope for the best.. eventhough we will be arriving when its free dining

Mrs. Hinsley

Original Poster
We ate there back in 2010 (F! pkg) and we enjoyed it, but a tip if you're picky about Italian food like I am...don't order anything Italian if you're not in the mood to take chances. DH and I ordered steaks from their menu when we went and really enjoyed our entrees. I don't take the best steak pics, but this is what it looked like when we went and I really enjoyed it...

Of course, my mom had something with tuna (pictured below) and she raved about hers.

Everyone else with us said their food was just meh. We're trying it again for the F! pkg for lunch next trip. We'll see what I'm up for next trip. :)

The steak looks good!!! thanks for sharing the pics! My DM will most likely go for the steak being the picky eater she is.

coachwnh

we have gone four times. three times we had great serivce, only once was our server slow and a hot mess! we are heading there for our December trip for the fantasmic package. the foods ok. nothing oustanding, but far from the worst in Disney. if you have never been there, give it a try.

Mrs. Hinsley

Original Poster
honestly it was not that great. if you want italian, via napoli is really good. for the studios, i recommend 50s prime time cafe :)

Thanks! we already have an ADR for Via Napoli during our stay and I am looking forward to it based on the reviews!! .. we will stick to MM just because we dont really care for Hollywood and Vine.. the food to us is subpar the last two times we ate there.

Dad 2 M & M

Thanks Everyone for all of your responses! Im torn because I have heard so many different opinions, My DM doesnt like Hollywood and vine we have had them twice in the past and we defnintely want to do the fantasimic package. I guess we will just keep the ADR and hope for the best.. eventhough we will be arriving when its free dining
I say go for it!! Didn't even think to mention the steaks and seafood...again, we didn't care for the appetizers. I have heard many good things about the crispy calimari; give that a try. And enjoy the show, its great!!

Mrs. Hinsley

Original Poster
We always go for lunch and split 3 appetizers and 2-3 flatbreads. I am not sure what you are entitled to order with the package though. We have had two really great servers here and have been lucky enough to have them multiple times! The food is good, not great, but its as good as we expect it to be.

I think with the package we can order 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and desert.. What appetizer would you recommend? I didnt see any on the menu that appealed to me.

Dad 2 M & M

I think with the package we can order 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and desert.. What appetizer would you recommend? I didnt see any on the menu that appealed to me.
The calimari or caeser salad...the rest just didn't do that well for us (didn't care for the antipasto or mozzarella).

I'm sure others will chime in!

crispy

We enjoyed the food (the penne alla vodka was yummy!), but the service has never been that great. I really enjoyed the calamari appetizer, but avoid the poundcake for dessert.

LowesChevy

The mixed greens salad, caesar or mozzarella and tomato salad are all pretty good and a nice size as well. The antipasto is fun to share too. I am not a huge fan of clams or calamari myself, so I can see those choices to not be very appealing.

Por-Favor-Manténgase

Tried MM twice. Each time service was horrible. Second time the server was so bad, he even knew it and removed the option for a tip from the check and comped our dessert. I'd rather eat at Olive Garden than MM and that isn't saying much for Olive Garden either.

Dad 2 M & M

i am sorry your right. in this case, mama's is your best bet. its decent food compared to hollywood and vine, and less expensive then the derby.
MM is the best bet...it's a bummer that the derby is a Sig and so expensive!! It is better than MM, just not enough to justify price or 2 TS!!

ILDisneyFan

We went several years ago and it was decent but we haven't been back. There really aren't that many great choices at Hollywood Studios as far as dining goes. We usually eat at the 50's but if that's not part of the package thing you're doing then that won't help. Good luck on deciding! :)

Ex-Floridian

Hi - I booked MM for lunch at HS with the Fantasmic dining package. My DD is excited but my DM wants to change resturants. She doesnt think she will like it after seeing the menu and reading some of the reviews.

What are your thoughts on MM.. I am on the verge of cancelling my ADR today.. But dont know what other resturant in HS to choose.

PLEASE HELP!!

OMG dont! That is our favorite place! Absolutely the best food we have ever had and we have been there at the World alot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom