Mama Melrose's ... Honest Opinons Please

ddbowdoin

Hi - I booked MM for lunch at HS with the Fantasmic dining package. My DD is excited but my DM wants to change resturants. She doesnt think she will like it after seeing the menu and reading some of the reviews.

What are your thoughts on MM.. I am on the verge of cancelling my ADR today.. But dont know what other resturant in HS to choose.

PLEASE HELP!!

I honestly thought it was pretty decent, at least what I had.

We started off with a flatbread, this was nothing special and I'd pass on them. But I had the chicken Campanella and I have to admit, a large portion and very flavorful.

Alison1975

Hi - I booked MM for lunch at HS with the Fantasmic dining package. My DD is excited but my DM wants to change resturants. She doesnt think she will like it after seeing the menu and reading some of the reviews.

What are your thoughts on MM.. I am on the verge of cancelling my ADR today.. But dont know what other resturant in HS to choose.

PLEASE HELP!!

We did the fantasmic package at MM last August and had a great meal ( all 21 of us).. actually was one of the best meals we had the entire 11 days!

ddbowdoin

if she does the fantasmic dinner package, wouldn't 50s be the same price?
unsure of the price, but 50's is just a different experience... IMHO 50's lacks in quality of food and tries to amaze you with an experience. Whereas MM is just a good meal without an over the top theme

maryszhi

unsure of the price, but 50's is just a different experience... IMHO 50's lacks in quality of food and tries to amaze you with an experience. Whereas MM is just a good meal without an over the top theme
ah i can see where you are coming from. i have never had a bad meal at -50s, but i can see where you are going with theme and experience. it really depends on what you are looking for.

mickey2008.1

MM is better than your Olive Garden, but nothing spectacular. As for the Fantasmic package without signature dining, it is the best place to go. Hollywood and Vine is horrible, from the food to the decor of the place. The food at the other TS places is just meh. No matter what, you are at DHS and not home!

maryszhi

MM is better than your Olive Garden, but nothing spectacular. As for the Fantasmic package without signature dining, it is the best place to go. Hollywood and Vine is horrible, from the food to the decor of the place. The food at the other TS places is just meh. No matter what, you are at DHS and not home!
i totally agree with that statement about hollywood and vine. if the brown derby was not double the cost, i would recommend it too.

ddbowdoin

i totally agree with that statement about hollywood and vine. if the brown derby was not double the cost, i would recommend it too.

hmm, the brown derby

it's a fun experience, decent food, but way overpriced.... I paid 42 dollars for what was essentially pot roast

maryszhi

yes, the wife had the cobb salad... it was huge and actually pretty damn good
i have to say of all the cobb salads i have had in my 21 years, it was the best i ever had. i also would love to know if there is a way to get the grapefruit cake recipe. i might be writing disney and hope they will give it to me. i want it for my birthday

ddbowdoin

i have to say of all the cobb salads i have had in my 21 years, it was the best i ever had. i also would love to know if there is a way to get the grapefruit cake recipe. i might be writing disney and hope they will give it to me. i want it for my birthday

from the best of my knowledge, DISNEY has a 100% open kitchen policy... any recipe will be provided if requested at a dining location

disney1077

I ate at MM for the fantasmic package. It was okay. I did not like the antipasto platter. It sucked, I regretted not getting the fried calamari. My mom had the steak and she liked it. I had the chicken parm it was alright, I did not like the pasta they used. I would like to give it another try with the new chef and new menu.

Dad 2 M & M

I ate at MM for the fantasmic package. It was okay. I did not like the antipasto platter. It sucked, I regretted not getting the fried calamari. My mom had the steak and she liked it. I had the chicken parm it was alright, I did not like the pasta they used. I would like to give it another try with the new chef and new menu.
Our beef with MM was the appetizers offered. The resy of the meal was decent and I would have to say if the Fanstasmic dinner package was important, I would choose MM over H & V and Brown Derby....no question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom