Mama Melrose's ... Honest Opinons Please

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, either I've done it wrong, or by telling WDW-DINE I want the "Fantasmic Package" I'm getting a different experience. When I went in 2010, we got a card to present and were assigned to a show (9p in our case) and we caught a golf cart that rode us to the venue.

In August 2012, we got the card, and had to still walk pretty much the whole way, and they had out sandwich boards near the venue for "Fantasmic Package Entrance". After checking our cards, we were then were sent off down a side spur for "seating" which was the stroller parking area (how magical), and ended up getting terrible seats.

In no way did I feel like a VIP, and considering I booked Brown Derby specifically for this (since it was so great for 2010), I was very let down.

While it's free (or at least it is with the Deluxe Dining Plan I got), I wouldn't do it again.

As far as Mama's, I ate there once, and it was ok. Olive garden level Italian food at best, which is fine, as that's what most people think of when they think "Italian". I'd do Brown Derby if you are aiming for Fantasmic Passes and want a "fine dine" feel...or 50's if you want a "fun dine" feel.

50's has really good food (though the experience varies dramatically on who your server is).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom