Mama Melrose's ... Honest Opinons Please

Mrs. Hinsley

Original Poster
Hi - I booked MM for lunch at HS with the Fantasmic dining package. My DD is excited but my DM wants to change resturants. She doesnt think she will like it after seeing the menu and reading some of the reviews.

What are your thoughts on MM.. I am on the verge of cancelling my ADR today.. But dont know what other resturant in HS to choose.

PLEASE HELP!!

plaz10

I actually enjoyed our Mama Melrose dinner (but this was a few years ago) it was just basic italian - nothing jaw dropping - but nothing bad either. It was a good solid meal as far as DHS table services go.

wiigirl

Have never been overly impressed.

Me neither, it wasn't a bad meal, it wasn't a great meal, but it was a really good meal. I would go back, but it is not my top choice.

75.gif

ParentsOf4

We enjoy Mama Melrose for several reasons:
  1. Good basic American-Italian food. The kids like pasta plus MM's handles Gluten Free very well. (Freshly cooked rolls for our special needs daughter is always a big winner.) It's really hard do to bad pasta unless the sauce is sub par. At MM's, everyone in our family enjoys our meals.
  2. Out-of-the-way location. Always fun exiting after a late dinner and having that part of the park empty.
  3. Easy to get a reservation on short notice. I respect that people build their vacations around their meals but I hate getting ADRs 6 months in advance.
  4. They don't rush you. Lots of people like to eat in a hurry but when we do TS, we want to take our time.
  5. Background music. Always enjoy the combination California/Italian sound track.
  6. Sangria. After a full carafe, DW and I probably would like any restaurant.:)
The wait staff has been iffy at times. We've had some good ones and some not-so-good ones.

Allygator

We were there in March and I didn't care for it. The food wasn't the greatest and at the time they just brought you out a dessert to share which wasn't very good. We were seated at a table where there was chairs on the one side and one long bench on the other that was shared with all the tables. The tables were way too close and I felt like we was eating our meal with the people next to us.

DisneyDebNJ

We went to MM's years ago and never went back. Being from New Jersey, I thought my standards were too high at first, but everyone I spoke to (12 or so families) said they had wished they chose another restaurant.

LowesChevy

We always go for lunch and split 3 appetizers and 2-3 flatbreads. I am not sure what you are entitled to order with the package though. We have had two really great servers here and have been lucky enough to have them multiple times! The food is good, not great, but its as good as we expect it to be.

BamaDisneyFan

My Disney Family ate there last summer of 2011. The food was okay, however the service was not. The only other options for the Fantasmic Package is Brown Derby (2 TS Credits) and Hollywood & Vine ( Buffet). I've heard good things about Brown Derby, and mixed views on Hollywood & Vine. All I can say is keep it, and decide for yourself or switch. I am going to try Hollywood & Vine next summer, just cause. Good Luck!!

MissingDisney

.... but the most annoying thing it waiting for the waiters there. They seem to have the slowest service of any of the restaurants.
The tables were way too close and I felt like we was eating our meal with the people next to us.
I agree with this....and this.
The food is nothing special. We loved the food at H&V, while some dislike that. Everyone has their own taste. Overall the service at MM was subpar, IMHO. Whatever you choose, enjoy.

sgtmgd

Hi - I booked MM for lunch at HS with the Fantasmic dining package. My DD is excited but my DM wants to change resturants. She doesnt think she will like it after seeing the menu and reading some of the reviews.

What are your thoughts on MM.. I am on the verge of cancelling my ADR today.. But dont know what other resturant in HS to choose.

PLEASE HELP!!
We ate there this past Saturday (Fantasmic Package) and LOVED it! I enjoyed the menu...steak..pasta seafood....I plan on eating there next trip as well...

OldYeller

I ate there a couple weeks ago and thought the food and service were both very good. But, that's all it is: in my opinion, a very good restaurant. It's the kind of very good restaurant that you can find anywhere. I would suggest that it wouldn't qualify as a Disney "dining experience," or something that you would be able to enjoy only at Disney World such as the 50's Primetime or Sci-fi drive-in(which admittedly has lousy food but you know you're in Disney World when you eat there)

sgtmgd

I ate there a couple weeks ago and thought the food and service were both very good. But, that's all it is: in my opinion, a very good restaurant. It's the kind of very good restaurant that you can find anywhere. I would suggest that it wouldn't qualify as a Disney "dining experience," or something that you would be able to enjoy only at Disney World such as the 50's Primetime or Sci-fi drive-in(which admittedly has lousy food but you know you're in Disney World when you eat there)

Depends on what you want I guess....50's Prime Time and Sci Fi are funtastic places to eat for the themeing..but for Fantasmic Dinner Package Id go MM all day long...I ABHORE Hollywood and Vine...and Brown Derby is expensive..or 2 TS if on the dining plan..I had the Steak and Mac n Cheese and both were very good..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom