Mama Melrose...is it that bad?

PhilharMagician

I like MM specially for the Fantasmic Dining package. It certainly is not the best restaurant in WDW, but I feel it is one of the best in DHS. The NY strip was prepared perfectly every time I have ordered it and I must say it was much better then the strip steak @ LeCellier. The Osso Bucco is amazing, but seems to come and go on the menu and was only offered for the Fantasmic package last time I was there. The one downfall has been the waits at times. The waiting area is not all that big and most of the time I have been there it has been completely packed.

crispy

The food has always been good although the service the first times I visited was spotty. The service was great the last time we visited. I absolutely love the penne alla vodka.

mhaftman7

The food has always been good although the service the first times I visited was spotty. The service was great the last time we visited. I absolutely love the penne alla vodka.
I don't know how, but we've managed to get the same AWESOME waitress like for years in a row!

Epcot Dave

We've yet to have an issue with the quality or quantity of the food. I for one really enjoy the food and the atmosphere. The service has been consistently pleasant, but we seem to average 90-120 minutes in there door to door. No, we don't go to WDW at peak times and we do the bulk of our eating at off times to cut waiting. And no, we don't get pizza, which might take a while. Some of these trips were with 2,3,4,5,6, and 9 people over about a decade. We haven't been back since the fall of 2009, however, because of the wait issue. We normally average 90-105 minutes there, which seems a bit lengthy to us. I think the best we've ever done is 75 minutes.

I hope you and yours have better luck than we do.

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't think I've found any full service restaurant in WDW that is consistently good - or bad. I've even had a couple of really good meals at Tony's, which most people rate consistently bad. Of course, that was a long time ago. ;)

EnchantedRose

We will be eating here for the first time in October. I managed to get a reservation for MM With the Fantasmic Package & I am quite excited. Even if the food isn't OMG, I have always wanted to eat here. Hopefully we are pleased.

mhaftman7

I don't think I've found any full service restaurant in WDW that is consistently good - or bad. I've even had a couple of really good meals at Tony's, which most people rate consistently bad. Of course, that was a long time ago. ;)

I guess I've lucked out. I can only recall one meal at Tonys where I felt it to be "just eh" in quality.

mhaftman7

We will be eating here for the first time in October. I managed to get a reservation for MM With the Fantasmic Package & I am quite excited. Even if the food isn't OMG, I have always wanted to eat here. Hopefully we are pleased.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I don't maintain a significantly high expectation of anything while I'm on vacay. As long as the kids are happy with full bellies, I can't be upset.

Hobnail Boot

I'm just not fond of MM. Both times I've eaten there I was underwhelmed by the flavors of the food, specifically the marinara they use. It was just so bland. It honestly tasted the same as Tony's Town Square to me. I will say the restaurants atmosphere is really nice though.

EnchantedRose

Unfortunately, or fortunately, I don't maintain a significantly high expectation of anything while I'm on vacay. As long as the kids are happy with full bellies, I can't be upset.

Very true! We have two little ones - this is very true! Our last trip was 3 out of 4 of us got sick - we had full blown colds! If we can NOT get sick this trip = it'll be a success! lol

Ali Mouse

One of my favorites! We go every other year and it is one of our musts! My whole family orders a wide range of things from pastas to steaks and everyone is pleased. I also like the atmosphere. Once you are in there it is very laid back. Our server last time was wonderful I wish I remembered her name to give her props- She was an older lady. I would give it a 9 out of 10. A nine just because of the price but hey it's disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom