Malfunction Stories

What Disney Parks attraction breaks down the most frequently?

• Total voters

TARDIS

Last year got stuck on mine train for 45 minutes in the mine... Listening to sleepy snore as grumpy grunted.... It was a long 45. Got walked out and given several fast passes. And since I had paid for the early morning magic event. They let our armbands work to get in fast pass lane for 2-3hr after it re-opened. I rode that ride 10+ times that day .

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
2)Splash Mountain.Ride stopped as I was coming down to the big splash.Stopped,looking down was an interesting place to be!

Are you saying that you stopped on Splash Mountain on the way down the hill??? I seriously doubt that is even possible. Once you crest the hill, there's no stopping until just before the little hill before the riverboat scene. Perhaps you were just looking at your ride photo. The photo makes it look like you were stopped. :)

BEARSHOUSE4

Got stuck once at the very top of splash mtn. It was noon and sunny and we sat there for a good 30 minutes baking outside before the evac. Got out of the boat, led downstairs thru the ride and saw some cool backstage areas while being yelled at for taking pics. Cool experience. Got evac' off dinosaur as well before the time wharp tunnel. That was not so interesting......

KraftServices

I've never been evacuated from a ride, but the last few times I've been to WDW, Haunted Mansion stopped at least once every time I rode it. The worst thing about it was that the audio in the Doom Buggy continued to play while the "playful spooks have interrupted our tour" spiel came on. Lame.

I was on HM once and it stopped about 15 different times. There was a many years gap between my last trip and the one before last, both times rode Mansion at least twice, and it stopped multiple times each ride through. And typically never stopped at a point that was interesting- at least once got stuck at the part where you go backwards out of the attic, so we were stuck at a 45 degree angle with just the back of the following Doom Buggy to look at.

And once I got stuck on Spaceship Earth during the descent portion at the end. Being stuck at a 45 degree angle with nothing to look at and just the "whoosh" sound effects for 5 minutes was not fun (the video at the end played through while we were stopped, and then, only darkness.)

If there are any other rides where you go backwards at an angle, I'd love to ride them and get stuck at that exact spot also.

KBLovedDisney

Back in 2007, I was on HM at WDW during a really bad thunderstorm. I believe lightening hit the building while I was in the ball room scene. Not only did the ride stop, but the power cut off for a few seconds...no music, but real thunder from outside and the ghosts were still there. Also riding HM a couple of years back, got stuck in the scene with the piano player. Awesome.

kazcostello76

February of this year - Test Track. Started normally, went through the ride, till we got to where the truck seems like it will hit you. (The truck is on the left of the ride vehicle.) We stopped by the truck & sat there. Then the music stopped & the lights came on. Gave us a good look at the animatronic truck driver, LOL. The CMs came around & helped us out of the car & then we walked back the way we had come, along the track stopping at each car to collect more guests from their cars. Eventually we went into a stairwell & out. It was interesting to be on the track, with the lights on, looking around.

Magenta Panther

Back in 2007, I was on HM at WDW during a really bad thunderstorm. I believe lightening hit the building while I was in the ball room scene. Not only did the ride stop, but the power cut off for a few seconds...no music, but real thunder from outside and the ghosts were still there. Also riding HM a couple of years back, got stuck in the scene with the piano player. Awesome.

I got stuck near the piano once too, and that's when I finally saw the shadow of the piano player on the floor that everyone told me about but I'd never noticed. The silver lining, I guess.

BTW, "Frozen Ever After" needs to be part of that poll. Unfortunately.

Seabasealpha1

We were sitting in "It's Tough to Be a Bug" and I noticed that Flik (the big animatronic one in the ceiling) had this really crazy wonky eye that kept looking over into left field...it was really distracting...and pathetic...
57295431.jpg

MaryJaneP

It seems an overwhelming response is that the repetition of the ride soundtrack over and over again (think IASW non-stop) during a breakdown is a very frustrating commonality. Since they have a "reboot" audio loop ready for the monorail and some rides (i.e. HM), it makes us wonder why they don't have a similar loop for all the rides and/or simply dump to either background music or Disney TV type music. We know it would cost $, but it could help "show".

Magenta Panther

It seems an overwhelming response is that the repetition of the ride soundtrack over and over again (think IASW non-stop) during a breakdown is a very frustrating commonality. Since they have a "reboot" audio loop ready for the monorail and some rides (i.e. HM), it makes us wonder why they don't have a similar loop for all the rides and/or simply dump to either background music or Disney TV type music. We know it would cost $, but it could help "show".

That is a very good idea!

Raineman

Back in the 70s I rode the 20,000 Leagues ride, and my most vivid memory is seeing an animatronic crab with the whole "face" ripped open, and you could see gears turning inside.
I am kind of claustrophobic, so if 20000 Leagues ever had stopped for any longer than a few minutes while I was on it, I think I would have freaked out a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom