Malfunction Stories

What Disney Parks attraction breaks down the most frequently?

• Total voters

JAG107

Imagine how much more efficiently everything would run if it weren't for the slow...unfortunately, some people aren't physically able to be as speedy as the majority. We can't be like the Spartans with today's modern society. I'm half kidding also. It's just a reality we all must live with. :)

SplashThunder

Original Poster
Stopped over at Disneyland the other day. I had rode Pirates in the morning, so decided to ride at night. I went on, and all the animatronics stopped moving. The voices were there, no movement. Jack Sparrow's voice was switched with another pirate's voice. The ending was really weird. Lol. Jack said something on the lines of, "THERE SHA BLOWS!"

blueboxdoctor

I put other because the TTA and Space Mountain have broken more frequently than others I have seen (though, it is cool when Space Mountain breaks down while riding the TTA). Pirates has been closed a lot, but mainly for scheduled work, at least when I have been there.

pax_65

I put other because the TTA and Space Mountain have broken more frequently than others I have seen

My thought too - I've broken down multiple times on both. I've seen Space Mountain with the lights on both from the Space Mountain queue and from TTA riding through. TTA has some rough nights where it breaks down repeatedly. One night I was EVACed from the TTA near Buzz. The ride was down for a while, then reopened, then broke down again and we watched them EVACing guests for the second time that night.

JohnD

Several year ago while riding the Kilaminjaro Safari at Animal Kingdom the driver saw an animal (a bird maybe) go under the truck at a stop but didn't see him come back out. He had to call for another CM in a smaller vehicle to come and look all around the truck. We were stopped for over a half an hour waiting for the person to come out and check. It was a scenario I had not considered before on the safari, but I can see how it could have been traumatizing to run over an animal, or worse, for the next truck to find it's carcass.

It's actually cool when a "breakdown" on Safari is when animals are being animals. They block your route or come up to check out the truck. Happened to me while in the savannah area. Giraffes just wouldn't move!

Pixie VaVoom

I got stuck once in the final room of IASW. it was so frustrating...you could see the exit, but you didn't dare move. And yes, the theme song got to me after about 20 minutes.

I also got stuck while riding solo in Haunted Mansion for about 20-25 minutes. it was after the Doombuggy turn around. i was almost fully reclined. it was kind of relaxing actually.

habuma

Never been to DL, but at WDW Haunted Mansion breaks down frequently. I actually love the delay, it gives me and the DW/DD time to look around and find details we never saw before

I get stopped on the Haunted Mansion all the time...just in bad spots. I wouldn't mind getting stopped as I pass the caretaker and his dog or in the ballroom scene. But I most often get stopped either in the hallway at the beginning or as I'm going down from the attic...where there's not much to see (or photograph).

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Monorails have been a wreck all week I've been down here. We were on red from the GF to the MK. They had to do 2 reboots of the monorail in the GF station with us in it. Got it running made it about half way up the beam over the Seven Seas and it just died. Rebooted it again and then and then had to back it back into the GF station.

Did you know they actually have a recorded spiel about rebooting the monorail. I have a video of the whole thing that just captures the end of it. I'll upload later.

Currently Silver as Im typing this Silver is the only monorail on the Express line and is running shuttle service between the TTC and the MK by not using the beamway between the TTC, CR, and MK.

Terrible all week.

James Clifton

I've been on three breakdowns..1)Peter Pan one of my fav.rides.They told us stay calm they turned on the lights & the Peter Pan ride will never be the same.2)Splash Mountain.Ride stopped as I was coming down to the big splash.Stopped,looking down was an interesting place to be! 3) Pirates...ride stopped for over 30 min.right where the donkey is "BRAYING"!!I came close to getting out & breaking its neck to get it to stop!!!
They shut it off ...just before I went nuts!!Moved us out 15min.later!!
Jim

Princess Leia

The ride that sticks out the most is Pirates. After what had to be one of the longest waits in my life (Disney in June, not pleasant), we got stuck twice. The first time was pretty brief, I think it was around the 'buy a wench' scene. Then we were stuck again. Under some pirate's incredibly filthy foot. Unfortunately, we didn't time the delay, but it felt longer than it had any reason to be.

celticdog

I have never seen the end/exit of Dinosaur. I have started the ride four times in the vehicle and it has broken down four times. I have walked out each time. Each time we sat for 30 minutes waiting to be let out, with the longest wait being almost an hour. The cast members were very nice and we did get multiple fastpasses for Dinosaur (Ha! Like I'll ride it again) as well as other rides. I don't ride it anymore.

We also spent an excruciating 30 minutes stuck in the "modern" room on COP. It played over and over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom