News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

invader

085210_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

11pm NHC advisory has it potentially offshore never hitting land. Depending on how overnight models run, expect the 5am to be even further offshore.
Good for Florida, potentially horrible for the Carolinas

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
In other news:

Just got an email blast from Wild Adventure Themepark in Valdosta, Georgia. It seems they are...
...welcoming families displaced by Hurricane Dorian with FREE admission* this Saturday, Aug. 31, Sunday, Sep. 1 and Monday, Sep. 2. Please bring proof of residency and matching ID or a valid ID showing you reside in one of the Florida counties under evacuation. See the list of eligible counties.

Your free admission to Wild Adventures includes access to Splash Island Waterpark all three days. Parking fee is $12 per car, per day.

*Not eligible for “Next Day Free,” season pass upgrades or rain checks, and cannot be combined with any other offer.

It's not Disney, but it is free*

FigmentForver96

Great news. For future reference - the guy I follow at spacecityweather.com has been discussing this (that it's NOT a sure thing this storm will even hit Florida) for several days now. He's a real scientist unlike the people you see reading scripts on the weather channel (and selling you crap through their endless ads). The news people make money sensationalizing these stories...
I wonder who’s running the tabs model 😂

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I get you live on these message boards, are home on a Friday night, have nothing to do, etc... but why try to personalize everything? We're not friends. There's no personal relationship. You have no idea what my mechanical background is or is not, just as I have no idea what yours is. I'm not calling you an idiot because I'll never know if you or are aren't. That's why I linked to an expert on this who is frankly renowned in the community where I live. My opinion is my own just as yours is... why not just be respectful and say "I disagree" and move on. Your age is as irrelevant as mine is. Can we go back to discussing the hurricane and it's impact (or not) on WDW?

And yes, my OPINION is that this is shaping up to be a non-event for WDW. I'd be there this weekend if I didn't have nonrefundable reservations somewhere else starting tomorrow. That's my opinion. I'm not here as as community leader and neither are you - people make their own decisions.
Are we not all on a message board ( a fine one I might add) on a Friday night, including you?

starri42

Am I the only one who kind of wishes he was there? I think being at Disney during a hurricane would be a fascinating experience, even if I don't get to see them disassembling the castle.

I haven't been through a hurricane since Sandy, and I'm not quite sure why I'm so eager to repeat the experience.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Am I the only one who kind of wishes he was there? I think being at Disney during a hurricane would be a fascinating experience, even if I don't get to see them disassembling the castle.

I haven't been through a hurricane since Sandy, and I'm not quite sure why I'm so eager to repeat the experience.

Only if I needed to evacuate. I'd spend the entire time worrying about my family and my house.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I get you live on these message boards, are home on a Friday night, have nothing to do, etc... but why try to personalize everything? We're not friends. There's no personal relationship. You have no idea what my mechanical background is or is not, just as I have no idea what yours is. I'm not calling you an idiot because I'll never know if you or are aren't. That's why I linked to an expert on this who is frankly renowned in the community where I live. My opinion is my own just as yours is... why not just be respectful and say "I disagree" and move on. Your age is as irrelevant as mine is. Can we go back to discussing the hurricane and it's impact (or not) on WDW?

And yes, my OPINION is that this is shaping up to be a non-event for WDW. I'd be there this weekend if I didn't have nonrefundable reservations somewhere else starting tomorrow. That's my opinion. I'm not here as as community leader and neither are you - people make their own decisions.
So...like 24 then?
FWIW
Two different CM encouraged us to go ahead with our vacation after both my wife and I called with concerns and a possible reschedule.

They cited how the resorts were built with such storms in mind, and if the park shuts down they will ensure that guests were taken care of, etc.

We shall see. Probably going to leave here (Jacksonville) for the resort about 4am. I'll post if I see anything funky going down on the 95.
that’s frankly terrible advice. Wdw call centers should not venture such opinions. Just State the policies and any updates.
I think you will have a great time and enjoy at least 30% fewer crowds!!!! Jealous.
Bad advice again...don’t encourage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom