Major Changes to Phase 2 of Fantasyland Project?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
This is according to Screamscape, reporting on rumors from another site:

"Amusement Insider has posted a rather huge scoop this week (scroll down a little to find it) regarding the second phase of the Fantasyland expansion. From the sound of it, most of Phase 2 may have been tossed in favor of some new additions. First the good news… that long rumored and dropped roller coaster for the Seven Dwarves mine ride is said to be 100% back on track and will involve a layout with both indoor and outdoor coaster sections. In addition Goofy’s Barnstormer may actually get to keep it’s name, and may be given a minor new theme of Goofy’s performing an aerial circus act, which will fit right in with the new Double Dumbo ride going in next door.

Now for the bad news… especially for the Disney Princess fans out there. They claim that the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella Meet & Greet attractions may have been scrapped entirely along with the entire Pixie Hollow concept. Even worse however is the rumor that Snow White’s Scary Adventure will be closed down entirely as early as February 2011 to allow for the new redesign plans for this area of the park. Want a little more? Be sure to check out the Amusement Insider’s own Fantasyland construction update as well."

Horizonsfan

When I saw this on Screamscape I had to do a doubletake to make sure I wasn't reading one of the old bits of news. Lance definitely dropped the ball on finding out about this. We've been talking about this since (solidly & in-depth)...August?

:dazzle:

Magenta Panther

This is according to Screamscape, reporting on rumors from another site:

"Amusement Insider has posted a rather huge scoop this week (scroll down a little to find it) regarding the second phase of the Fantasyland expansion. From the sound of it, most of Phase 2 may have been tossed in favor of some new additions. First the good news… that long rumored and dropped roller coaster for the Seven Dwarves mine ride is said to be 100% back on track and will involve a layout with both indoor and outdoor coaster sections. In addition Goofy’s Barnstormer may actually get to keep it’s name, and may be given a minor new theme of Goofy’s performing an aerial circus act, which will fit right in with the new Double Dumbo ride going in next door.

Now for the bad news… especially for the Disney Princess fans out there. They claim that the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella Meet & Greet attractions may have been scrapped entirely along with the entire Pixie Hollow concept. Even worse however is the rumor that Snow White’s Scary Adventure will be closed down entirely as early as February 2011 to allow for the new redesign plans for this area of the park. Want a little more? Be sure to check out the Amusement Insider’s own Fantasyland construction update as well."

The stuff about the Mine Coaster sounds awesome. Indoor and outdoor? Wonder how that'll work? I suppose it could be just a facade around the track to give the illusion of entering and exiting a mine, but maybe there will be cool stuff like AAs of the Dwarfs and gems embedded in the walls. And the "Hi Ho" song. I care more about this ride than I do about the Little Mermaid one, for some reason. I can't wait to see clandestine pictures of its construction! :D

RandySavage

Did a very quick shopping of what the new coaster might look like (in the original artwork)
5095534006_aa81c1ecbe_b.jpg

Horizonsfan

^^^ Very nice work.

If it ends up similar to that I'll be mighty happy. Though with the way it is now, the insiders are telling us to be excited about the mine ride but don't get too excited.:brick::lol:

RandySavage

^ Thanks for the kind words. It may look big, but the footprint of where I put the "mountain" is fairly small (about the size of Mermaid). You can see I made trains of 3 mine cars that could each hold 4 or 6 passengers (12-18/train). So it is somewhere between Big Thunder and Barnstormer in scale - as I believe the WDWMagic insiders mentioned.

MAF

^ Thanks for the kind words. It may look big, but the footprint of where I put the "mountain" is fairly small (about the size of Mermaid). You can see I made trains of 3 mine cars that could each hold 4 or 6 passengers (12-18/train). So it is somewhere between Big Thunder and Barnstormer in scale - as I believe the WDWMagic insiders mentioned.

You should send that to ScreamScape. They'd probably believe that was the real plans. :lol:

ryno1982

The reason Screamscape just now posted this is because Lance is friends with Chris, the creep that runs Amusement Insider (and rudely posts on here occasionally). Chris has been skeptical about this site's info, but now that he's apparently heard it from his source, he has posted it to his website, and Screamscape was informed of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom