Mainstreet Train Station Rehab

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Starting today, July 11th, the Mainstreet USA Train Station will begin a lengthy rehab through December 20. The station will continue to operate, but exit/entrance may be moved to accomodate the work. New glass, canopies, paint, etc. are scheduled for the station.

Kadee

I really hope the rehab doesn't run over! I want to see it completely done. Christmas time is a bad time to redo anything. I'm glad it is getting some attention though. It is one of the most overlooked attractions at MK. I LOVE it.

SpaceRacer2003

It's a LARGE project. It entails more then the upeer Train Station itself, like the locker & stroller rental areas. It was originally supposed to be just a September to December rehab, but was extended when the scope of the project got expanded too.

jmuboy

As neglected and run down as the MK has gotten in some areas, things like this make me very happy. Are the stroller rental and Newstand buildings part of this rehab?

Horizons1

All I can say is, its about time. When I was there a few weeks ago, I noticed how the roof looked bad and was hoping it would get a rehab. This is good news. :sohappy:

DWSD

It should be pretty close to the time they "Pre-Tape" the Christmas parade Maybe they will show it off a little.

MINECAR

Account Suspended
Oh no, please Disney what ever you do don't get rid of the penny Machines. I love those things. They are the greatest things ever. when I go I'll play with them alittle more then I usually do. O poo I can't if it starts today. Well at least you can still ride that great trian. But the rehab is needed.

CAR

OH YA OH YA
:sohappy: ONLY 38 MORE HOURS TILL I"M AT DISNEY:sohappy:

Bluewaves

especially the locker area it was kinda nasty looking the last time I was through there. It does get a lot of use and abuse so its good to see its getting cleaned up because it really needed it.

dxwwf3

Now THIS is what I like to hear. Something needs some work and it gets the attention it needs. The station didn't need to be totally replaced, it didn't need to be turned into a meet and greet (Couldn't resist ;) ), and it didn't need to just sit there and get worse.

Thank you very much Disney!

jmuboy

No - it is not a bad time. MK needs a lot of work. So I'll take tarps and a closed ride or two if it means WDW mgmt is finally getting off their bums and investing in needed improvements and rehabs at the MK.

clarkstallings

It is great that this is being done. Maybe the reason the rehab is going to take so long is because the steps need to be repaired. They have shifted and cracked over the years. Last year they began feasibility studies on how to best repair the steps.

MagliteL13

DWSD said:
It should be pretty close to the time they "Pre-Tape" the Christmas parade Maybe they will show it off a little.

Nah--It's usually really early December. Last year was the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for taping.

Fun2BFree

It will be great to see that area cleaned up! However, seeing it in tarps will not be the best way to welcome guests to the MK in the mean time.. Lets just hope it gets the full budget..:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom