Mainstreet Train Station Rehab

Tom

Beta Return
What I'd REALLY like to see is if they give some attention to the turnstile canopy and side buildings. When you sit on the train, waiting to depart, you see the nasty roof of those buildings and canopy - with Air Conditioners, electrical conduit running all over, the old tar roof with rocks, lights, etc, etc. Seeing those roofs is really bad show in my opinion.

Also, all the microphone and speaker cables running along the outside of the track, on the platform - hide that somehow!

awallaceunc

Indeed- great to see this sort of attention to detail, and a non-headliner get some TLC. Ambience is as important as anything else.

To anyone who went to the park today: what does the station look like? I'm going to the World in about 30 hours, and will make my first entrance to the MK in a few days, so I'm wondering how it might look.

-Aaron

PhotoDave219

mousermerf said:
Starting today, July 11th, the Mainstreet USA Train Station will begin a lengthy rehab through December 20. The station will continue to operate, but exit/entrance may be moved to accomodate the work. New glass, canopies, paint, etc. are scheduled for the station.

About darn time they announce this.
Notice how it covers 2 fiscal years, 2005-6 & 2006-7.

GenieGirl

Train is still running, I believe you just get into it differently. I haven't seen it yet, just heard the train going around the park.

SpaceRacer2003

The sign in the other post about "not operating" is used in the morning (usually 8am to 9am) before the train opens and during Wishes (about 30 minutes before the show until about 30 minutes afterwards), both times when the train is not running.

mrtoad

As much as I hate rehabs when I am going, I am happy it is being done it needs it. I also wish they would fix Main Street itself as there are cracks in the pavement. What I really wish they would do is make a cobblestone or brick Main Street though they probably won't as it would be tougher on people's feet and most likely the parade floats. It just does not seem like tar is the correct road surface for Main Street's supposed timeframe (though I could be way off base on that).

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
mrtoad said:
As much as I hate rehabs when I am going, I am happy it is being done it needs it. I also wish they would fix Main Street itself as there are cracks in the pavement. What I really wish they would do is make a cobblestone or brick Main Street though they probably won't as it would be tougher on people's feet and most likely the parade floats. It just does not seem like tar is the correct road surface for Main Street's supposed timeframe (though I could be way off base on that).

the reason they didn't do bricks back when the MK first opened up was b/c the brick was too expensive. SWEAR. Marty said it

DisneyFreak529

tk421-sw said:
We will be ready to cover it! Pics and video for all! :slurp:

Thank you!! :kiss:

I might be going Dec. 3rd so will see how much of it is done by then. What every is going on I photo then. I also agree that MK need a little TLC.

mrtoad

warlord said:
the reason they didn't do bricks back when the MK first opened up was b/c the brick was too expensive. SWEAR. Marty said it

I would love though if they rehabed it and did that. It would look so much better. Either way, rehabing Main Street would not be easy as it is the only way in or out of the park. I am assuming they put a wall up and do half the street. If they are only paving, I guess it could be done in one night and be ready for foot traffic in the morning.

Anyone know how it has been done in the past? The street has had to be redone in the past I am assuming.

Mike

meatloafsfan

I wonder if this will affect the Behind the Magic of the Steam Train tour in any way?

(I hope not as I was hoping to book this for my Dad come the beginning of December).

basas

mrtoad said:
I would love though if they rehabed it and did that. It would look so much better. Either way, rehabing Main Street would not be easy as it is the only way in or out of the park. I am assuming they put a wall up and do half the street. If they are only paving, I guess it could be done in one night and be ready for foot traffic in the morning.

Anyone know how it has been done in the past? The street has had to be redone in the past I am assuming.

Mike

Well DLP has brick on their Main Street. Actually though, i don't really like it. I do however like the brick sidewalks DL has in place of MK's red-painted sidewalks. That would be a welcomed change IMO.

peter11435

basas said:
Well DLP has brick on their Main Street. Actually though, i don't really like it. I do however like the brick sidewalks DL has in place of MK's red-painted sidewalks. That would be a welcomed change IMO.
HKDL too has the brick Main Street and I agree I don't really like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom