Mainstreet Train Station Rehab

basas

For me its the look...i mean it looks nice, but guess i'm just so used to Main Street looking how it does (at DL and MK).

Actually i don't care about the walking comfort and i wish MK would start getting some varied types of pavement (sort of like DL) instead of the painted concrete they have now.

peter11435

mrtoad said:
What don't you like about it? Is it the look or the walking comfort?
Its the look for me also. I don't know I just think Main Street looks weird that way. Look at some of the photos of HKDL Main Street, and tell us what you think.

peter11435

100423168.jpg

mrtoad

peter11435 said:

See, I like that. I understand that someone could be use to the pavement they have now and hate to see change (I get that way with a ton of WDW stuff) but I just think it would look more authentic for the period. But again, I am guessing at that, I could be wrong but I think like NY City had brick streets at the turn of the last century. Does anyone know if that is right? I am not saying it is modeled after NYC but just the turn of the century thing.

Mike

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I just don't think its feasible. My area still has stone/brick/cobblestone streets in some places (including downtown) and it simply is a headache.

They sink unevenly into the ground as they're stressed, by cars in the real world, but by parade floats at Disney. They break, are uneven, and make for a horrid walking surface. A sidewalk doesn't have as many problems, because it has lighter traffic loads, but the street itself would be a mess at MK.

mrtoad

mousermerf said:
I just don't think its feasible. My area still has stone/brick/cobblestone streets in some places (including downtown) and it simply is a headache.

They sink unevenly into the ground as they're stressed, by cars in the real world, but by parade floats at Disney. They break, are uneven, and make for a horrid walking surface. A sidewalk doesn't have as many problems, because it has lighter traffic loads, but the street itself would be a mess at MK.

But has been done in Disney parks as you can see, so I am sure it can be done the question really I guess is should it be done...

basas

I say again...do the sidewalks (like DL), possibly even Town Square, the Hub, and the entrance areas...but leave the actual street alone.

Connor002

i think its fine how it is

you people really need to stop and put your priorities in order, would you rather see them rehab some of the rides that are in dire need of it, or do you want them do do the street? i hope none of you would vote for the latter

mrtoad

Connor002 said:
i think its fine how it is

you people really need to stop and put your priorities in order, would you rather see them rehab some of the rides that are in dire need of it, or do you want them do do the street? i hope none of you would vote for the latter

Um, there was not talk of doing this instead of rehabing a ride. And I would tell you that you should put at the top of your priorities to stop telling people where their priorities should be. But I would not do that because it would be rude... :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom