MainStreet Athletics Reopens After AMAZING Rehab

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Here are some (not so great) pictures of Athletics after it went through its' refurbishment. The store looks 110% better.

The store is so much brighter. Registers were moved from the center of rooms to the walls, making for wide open spaces. The decor has changed, and it now seems like a high-end shopping venue. It feels like a completely different building.

atl2.jpg

This is looking into the old childrens room (nearest to Casey's):
atl3.jpg

The lighting, new wallpaper, and openess make it airy and bright inside:
atl5.jpg

The type of displays on the walls:
atl7.jpg

Lets just hope the Clothiers Rehab at MGM turns out this good.

awalkinthepark

mousermerf said:
What of the remains of the penny arcade? Any machines left? The flip-films, the old sports themed games?

There are a few working machines near the trainloading platform on Main Street...about a handfull of flip movie machines and a rather large soccer game.....and don't think you found something naughty at the MK with the 'Burlesque' movie...the back light doesn't work.

disnyfan89

I walked through there the day it opened and there was still photos of sports teams and a few sports items and the CM doors still said coach. So yes I guess that is what a turn of the century sports store looks like :lol:

CMickeyEars

I sure hope the old baseball game is still there!!! It was up front close to one of the doors. Does anyone know if it survived the rehab? My 13 year-old son loves playing that thing. You can give him a pocket full of dimes and he's in heaven. I'm also very happy because I get to shop in peace when he's content!!! Thanks for any info.

Carla

disnyfan89

CMickeyEars said:
I sure hope the old baseball game is still there!!! It was up front close to one of the doors. Does anyone know if it survived the rehab? My 13 year-old son loves playing that thing. You can give him a pocket full of dimes and he's in heaven. I'm also very happy because I get to shop in peace when he's content!!! Thanks for any info.

Carla
I don't think that was ever in the store! If my memorry is right that is at the entrance to Casey's next to Cristal Palace.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
I did not see the Penny Machines. They could have moved, but I wasn't really looking for them. They still have them at the train station and Boardwalk though.

ballewclan

Is it bad that it really looks like Abercrombie and Fitch stores I go into? :lookaroun

Did they have stylish A&F stores during the turn of the century? :hammer:

Main Street USA

ballewclan said:
Is it bad that it really looks like Abercrombie and Fitch stores I go into? :lookaroun

Is it bad that you shop at Abercrombie and Fitch? lol Hmmmmm.

Anyway, I think it looks cheery and more "Main Streetish" than the previous, so no complaints here.

JEDIsney

Thanks for the pictures and the update.

ballewclan said:

That's what I was thinking, too! And there's nothing wrong with shopping there, either.

MKCP 1985

Thanks for this update, Patrick!

Even though the photos are a little fuzzy, one look and you can tell it is pure Disney, Main St. USA. Indeed, this appears to be an improvement. I am looking forward to seeing it in person on the next trip down.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
JEDIsney said:
Thanks for the pictures and the update.

That's what I was thinking, too! And there's nothing wrong with shopping there, either.

If you start wearing your "pop collar" then there is something wrong with it. The pop color is not fashionable, no matter how much energy they put into trying to convince you otherwise.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I still stop strangers to tell them that it's not fashionable, whoever told them so is a big fat stupid liar, and they need to stop.

No one listens and a few people have taken offense... I mean, i'm just trying to save them some dignity, you think they'd appreciate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom