Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

Problem is, years ago al this refurb happened little by little when the park was closed...they did not need to do the whole facade at a time because it was all kept up constantly...those days are gone now and at least there is something happening.....which is a good thing.

DrewmanS

Problem is, years ago al this refurb happened little by little when the park was closed...they did not need to do the whole facade at a time because it was all kept up constantly...those days are gone now and at least there is something happening.....which is a good thing.
Most of the buildings are also over 40 years old now too. You can do touch-up paint and minor work at night, but restoration of facades takes more time and effort.

LouP

I wonder if the current group of imagineers understand that we're not supposed to be able to see the Tomorrowland buildings from the hub.

Actually, I would argue that you *are* supposed to be able see the Tomorrowland buildings from the Hub. That was the point of the Hub and of creating wienies such as Astro Orbiter to draw Guests to the different lands.

That said, we aren't supposed to be able to see the Tomorrowland buildings from Adventureland or Liberty Square, and this wide-open Hub doesn't help with that.

Take Care,

Lou Prosperi

peter11435

Years ago the park wasn't 45 years old. The work that is being done to these facades is far more than just a simple repaint. They are in many cases being ripped out to bare steal and concrete and rebuilt. This is not being done due to previous lack of maintenance but due to their current age. It's also costing millions of dollars.

Goofyernmost

Years ago they were new and didn't need so much complete maintenance, therefore, night time spruce up was easily doable. However, a lot of those things are now over 40 years old and have been running 7 days a week for most of that time. They are machines and the older and more use that they get the more maintenance they need. I know, my 67 year old body requires a lot more attention then it used too. I'm having difficulty keeping up with just me.

Having just returned from a week at Disney I can say personally, that they are doing an awesome job, and my fears about all of the rehab impacting the "magic" and beauty of my families vacation did not come to fruition. It's amazing how much better MK looked this year, compared to our trip last summer at the same time. You all made great points, the park is OLD. If you don't like rides being down or scrims up all over the place, either wait until the big projects are over, or go during peak season when the park is operating at near 100%. If you're going to freak out over every little wall or scrim that's up, you're missing out on all that the park still has to offer. I had prepared myself to see a green box at the center hub with walls around it, thankfully that didn't happen. But it wouldn't have ruined my vacation had it been there. If we want to enjoy these parks as premier parks we have to accept these little inconveniences - especially for a series of parks that are open EVERY DAY year round. I think the vast majority of us feel this way and even those who complain would, in the end, rather have this than a park that is falling apart at the seams.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Having just returned from a week at Disney I can say personally, that they are doing an awesome job, and my fears about all of the rehab impacting the "magic" and beauty of my families vacation did not come to fruition. It's amazing how much better MK looked this year, compared to our trip last summer at the same time. You all made great points, the park is OLD. If you don't like rides being down or scrims up all over the place, either wait until the big projects are over, or go during peak season when the park is operating at near 100%. If you're going to freak out over every little wall or scrim that's up, you're missing out on all that the park still has to offer. I had prepared myself to see a green box at the center hub with walls around it, thankfully that didn't happen. But it wouldn't have ruined my vacation had it been there. If we want to enjoy these parks as premier parks we have to accept these little inconveniences - especially for a series of parks that are open EVERY DAY year round. I think the vast majority of us feel this way and even those who complain would, in the end, rather have this than a park that is falling apart at the seams.
Well said, can't wait for my trip in September :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom