Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

RandySavage

they are trees... they have been gone so long i no longer remember what the hub looked like prior to their removal. we did not lose CBJ or PoTC. just a mass of cellulose and chlorophyll, replanted elsewhere on property, or had saplings planted to offset the loss of them on the property. they were removed for a purpose, and probably chewed into mulch to retain moisture in the beds. what is it you are longing for?

The concern isn't for the masses of cellulose in the grand scheme of nature on Earth, but for the atmosphere that stately, mature trees bring to a theme park. Big trees make everything look more authentic and better (layering affects, sightline control, shade, color, their timeless and life-affirming qualities) and are worth their wait in gold. Last time I visited DL, there was a plethora of big trees, and it was wonderful.

"MK Hub of Yore" to "Denuded Hub of Today" Visual Analogy:
34403246.jpg

landscape-slider-01.jpg

Goofnut1980

It is going to look great when done. I am really surprised it took them over 40 years to do this.

From the recent photos, they are going to do a big portion at a time and not small projects. While it wont look "pretty" for now it is an improvement and when it is done and I will have new pictures to take. My only question is, why are they doing Tomorrowland side first? I would think the Adventureland side would be easier because it is mostly flat already and would be done in no time. jmo

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Thanks. Didnt read any further into the thread.
Welcome Brian.

It's usually a good idea to read a page or two back before posing a question.
A) Your answer may already be there
B) You can get a flavour for the current tone of the discussion

Enjoy your time here. We're generally a friendly bunch, but some threads can get quite heated. Don't be afraid to jump into the fray.

Brian Parish

Welcome Brian.

It's usually a good idea to read a page or two back before posing a question.
A) Your answer may already be there
B) You can get a flavour for the current tone of the discussion

Enjoy your time here. We're generally a friendly bunch, but some threads can get quite heated. Don't be afraid to jump into the fray.

Yeah I should have read before I posted...i asked for it...i was too furious to know that my trip in october is going to be clouded with construction...

dstrawn9889

hey no probs man, sorry about the gruffness, just a couple of posters here and a few cubemates have me on edge today, welcome to the boards, and take anything said with a pinch of salt. some of these thread posts can be dead on, or wildly inaccurate. just don't plan your trip around dates you see. Have fun!

The Empress Lilly

hey no probs man, sorry about the gruffness, just a couple of posters here and a few cubemates have me on edge today, welcome to the boards, and take anything said with a pinch of salt. some of these thread posts can be dead on, or wildly inaccurate. just don't plan your trip around dates you see. Have fun!
I in turn owe you an apology for my crankiness. :)

ratherbeinwdw

Yeah I should have read before I posted...i asked for it...i was too furious to know that my trip in october is going to be clouded with construction...
Yeah. I'm really bummed TTA and FotLK will be down when we take some newbies in May, but it could be a lot worse. Welcome to the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom