Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

PhotoDave219

I know a while back they were considering turning the Veranda into a Pirate Themed restaurant...like Cinderella's Royal Table... Dining with Pirates....Which I thought was a brilliant idea, then it just sort of fizzled out and opened as a Tinkerbelle meet and greet... sigh.

Well the pirate themed restaurant is unlikely.

However.... the fairies are rumored to move to Town Square Theatre with Mickey, thus freeing up the space again for potential food service once more. So it could come back.

KingdomofDreams

Ok, as promised, I took some photos of the hub construction yesterday when I was there for my birthday - including this spot for you!

mk-may1614-hub1f.jpg

mk-may1614-hub1g.jpg

So you're good to go!!

There were also some people wondering if you could see it from Main Street. Here's a view from the Train Station:

mk-may1614-hub1a.jpg

It's not until you get further down to the end of Main Street that you start seeing the walls.

mk-may1614-hub1b.jpg

The Swan Boat dock is completely gone and the area is landscaped again:

mk-may1614-hub1d.jpg

There's just a new section of railing where it used to be:

mk-may1614-hub1c.jpg

And here's a quick shot taken from the PeopleMover looking down at the chaos behind the walls:

mk-may1614-hub1e.jpg

A side note: I presume that it's because of the standing water/draining water going on but the ENTIRE HUB (including the bridges from Tomorrowland and between the Castle and Cosmic Rays plus the Rose Garden) were COVERED in SWARMS of noseeums/gnats. I mean TENS OF THOUSANDS of them swarmed every inch at dusk and everyone was swatting at their faces and running to get past the swarms. It's terrible. Disney really needs to do something about it.

Anyway, that's a peek as of yesterday!

Thanks for sharing those great shots. They're exactly what I've been hoping to see. Not bad, but they really should haul in some planters with trees and flowers to dress up that bridge a bit! Any scrims left on Main St or elsewhere that you saw?

note2001

And here's a quick shot taken from the PeopleMover looking down at the chaos behind the walls:

mk-may1614-hub1e.jpg

A side note: I presume that it's because of the standing water/draining water going on but the ENTIRE HUB (including the bridges from Tomorrowland and between the Castle and Cosmic Rays plus the Rose Garden) were COVERED in SWARMS of noseeums/gnats. I mean TENS OF THOUSANDS of them swarmed every inch at dusk and everyone was swatting at their faces and running to get past the swarms. It's terrible. Disney really needs to do something about it.

Anyway, that's a peek as of yesterday!

Fantastic shots, thank you for sharing!

Shame to hear about the bug situation, I hope Disney has a long term plan for controlling those critters in the non-flowing 'moat' they're in the process of creating and that they implement it fast.

MissM

Thanks for sharing those great shots. They're exactly what I've been hoping to see. Not bad, but they really should haul in some planters with trees and flowers to dress up that bridge a bit! Any scrims left on Main St or elsewhere that you saw?
Um...I'm trying to remember now but I don't think so. The wall is the most noticable, running along the expanded outside seating area of Casey's all the way down towards Crystal Palace and on the other side, all past the Ice Cream Parlor, and the side of the Plaza towards the Noodle Terrace. It's just a wall of mostly unbroken green walls. But if you're not immediately in those areas - say you're in the Hub proper by the Partner's Statue, or even the other bridges into Fantasyland, Liberty Square or Tomorrowland, it's surprisingly not as noticeable as you'd think.

Fantastic shots, thank you for sharing!

Shame to hear about the bug situation, I hope Disney has a long term plan for controlling those critters in the non-flowing 'moat' they're in the process of creating and that they implement it fast.
Yeah it's baaad. Here's a cropped shot of the old Swan Boat dock to give you an idea:

mk-may1614-hub-bugs.jpg

Those little blips aren't camera noise, they're bugs. I'm not kidding, I dashed in, took the photo and dashed right back out. It was gross.

tirian

Well the pirate themed restaurant is unlikely.

However.... the fairies are rumored to move to Town Square Theatre with Mickey, thus freeing up the space again for potential food service once more. So it could come back.
All current rumors point to no replacement for now. Everything behind Pixie Hollow is rotted and the inside basically needs to be gutted and rebuilt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom