Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Brian

Slightly relevant: MiceChat took lovely pictures of the new towers in the Sleeping Beauty Castle forecourt. They are used to house equipment for the new Disneyland Forever fireworks. I think they turned out lovely. Hopefully we will see similar results in front of Cinderella Castle.

03-23-15-DSC_9162.jpg

03-23-15-DSC_9192.jpg

Off topic: The castle looks great with the 60th anniversary overlay partially done.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Wanna elaborate? What did you like about it? Anything you didn't like?
Actually, we liked everything about it. The landscaping, flowers, fountains, new wider paths. Even the grass was a pleasure to sit or walk on. It was in the upper 80's every day we were there, and the grass was not hot at all compared to the pavement. People need to quit complaining about the synthetic grass until they actually see it and feel it for themselves. We saw the light poles that have been pretty blasted here, but unless you are looking up, you don't really notice them. We watched Wishes from the Top of the World lounge, so I don't know what affect those have on the fireworks, though from their placement, it appears that only the FP+ viewing areas will see them. Altogether an excellent job by Disney. I don't agree with the people that don't like the missing trees. In case some don't know, I have been going to WDW since 1978 (lived in Orlando for years in the 70's and early 80's), so know exactly what it was in the past. I am willing to bet that Disney received a ton more complaints from people that couldn't see Wishes due to the trees, than they did when they removed them. They are now around the outside of the hub,and will look quite good when growing up and filling out, but will allow better viewing from more places around the hub. Not the perfect solution, but I think it is the best one. Some here hate it, but my answer is, then don't go. It isn't going back to the way it was, no matter what the petulant children want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom