Main Street Station Rehab/Osborne Light Instalation

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Just got back from the World yesterday. Traffic flow in the Main Street Station area was mayhem on Wed. night. (Extra Magic Hours 9p-12a) Construction walls are up all over the place, big green fabric is hanging all over the place, and scaffolding everywhere. It is quite an eyesore and hardly the last thing anyone wants to see while exiting MK. It was mass confusion everywhere with people trying to find their way around the construction walls, find the new locker rental area, and figure out if the trains were still running. The whole area was worsened by the fact that a huge stage was erected in the circular area right outside of the Station for a PBS concert taping featuring Michael Bolton and Rick somebody (cant recall his last name at the moment). There were ropes and CM's everywhere trying to keep people moving. I hope this rehab doesnt last too long because it was definetly scary trying to crowd surf our way through this area and not get trampled in the process. (Particulary since I travel in a wheelchair and practically had one guy get knocked over and land in my lap...) Word of advice to those going to MK in the near future...bring your football gear and stay towards the outsides in order to get throught this area safely.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
tiggerific418 said:
Just got back from the World yesterday. Traffic flow in the Main Street Station area was mayhem on Wed. night. (Extra Magic Hours 9p-12a) Construction walls are up all over the place, big green fabric is hanging all over the place, and scaffolding everywhere. It is quite an eyesore and hardly the last thing anyone wants to see while exiting MK. It was mass confusion everywhere with people trying to find their way around the construction walls, find the new locker rental area, and figure out if the trains were still running. The whole area was worsened by the fact that a huge stage was erected in the circular area right outside of the Station for a PBS concert taping featuring Michael Bolton and Rick somebody (cant recall his last name at the moment). There were ropes and CM's everywhere trying to keep people moving. I hope this rehab doesnt last too long because it was definetly scary trying to crowd surf our way through this area and not get trampled in the process. (Particulary since I travel in a wheelchair and practically had one guy get knocked over and land in my lap...) Word of advice to those going to MK in the near future...bring your football gear and stay towards the outsides in order to get throught this area safely.

Sounds horrible and much worse than last weekend...too bad you couldn't get a picture. Though its good you didn't try, you would have proabaly got you camera nocked out of your hands...I agree that they better move as fast as possible with this rehab and not take their time...

GaryT977

I knew the traffic going through there in the afternoon was bad, I can't image what it would be like after the fireworks show.

Brian_B

Personally, I hate the new osborne lights location. They could definitely have done a better job - it looks SO crowded on SoA and it just conjests the entire area. I don't know, I'm sure there could have been a better place to do it...

Just my 2 cents

Brian

PhotoMom524

does anyone know when the rehab for the train station is set to be completed? I'm coming down to WDW over thanksgiving & hope it's done by then.

peter11435

PhotoMom524 said:
does anyone know when the rehab for the train station is set to be completed? I'm coming down to WDW over thanksgiving & hope it's done by then.
It will not be completed by Thanksgiving. The rehab is set to last well in to December. They are repainting the station as well as replacing all wood work, glass, and soft goods. Also as part of the rehab the locker rental beneath the station will be replaced with stroller rental and locker rental will be moved into the former site of stroller rental.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
peter11435 said:
It will not be completed by Thanksgiving. The rehab is set to last well in to December. They are repainting the station as well as replacing all wood work, glass, and soft goods. Also as part of the rehab the locker rental beneath the station will be replaced with stroller rental and locker rental will be moved into the former site of stroller rental.

This is just what I was afraid of. I hope they figure out a better way to do crowd control in this area because the park wasnt even all that crowded when we were there. It was nothing compared to what it will be like around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I agree that it is a good idea to move stroller rental (will definetly help with traffic flow comming in to the park if everyone isnt trying to move to the right and block the tunnel entrance) Im happy they are rehabbing the station but they have got to move quick with this one. Main street really loses something with the station, the focal point of Main St. as you first pass the turnstyles and exit the park, being all covered up in scaffolding and heavy machinery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom