Main Street Station Rehab/Osborne Light Instalation

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
Main Street Station Rehab/Osborne Light Instalation Pictures

Hello Everyone

Just thought I'd Post some pictures I snapped over the weekend at WDW...

As you can see the Main Street Station Rehab Is well underway, with most of the back side covered and only a small portion is covered on the left front. The rehab is not effecting train service, but when exiting the train at the station, you must walk all the way to the back of the train to leave the platform. The exit by the front of the train is closed because of the rehab...
109-0986_IMG.JPG

The Constuction walls are up and lights continue to be istalled on the Streets of America...

PHOTO NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I also saw LMA and rode Soarin' for the first time and really enjoyed both of them...

PHOTO NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Thats all for now,
ENJOY :)

EDIT:

PLEASE VISIT MY MORE RECENT UPDATE HERE

DisneyBunny

Thanks for the update!

2 quick questions for anyone in the know:

Any idea of how long the rehab of the train station will last?

Does it affect my favorite viewing area for Wishes (the back balcony facing main street)?

psuchad

I don't understand why they even take decorations down. What happened to Disney magic? I always thought they would put everything up in one night. Yeah I know, dreaming.

peter11435

DisneyBunny said:
Thanks for the update!

2 quick questions for anyone in the know:

Any idea of how long the rehab of the train station will last?

Does it affect my favorite viewing area for Wishes (the back balcony facing main street)?
The station rehab will last untill the end of the year. And yes it will at times affect your favorite viewing area.

DisneyBunny

Dang it all.. Well, I can hope for one of those times when it's not affecting my viewing spot when I go in Sept.

As for the lights, it seems silly to take them down only to put them up 6 months later. But I guess there must be maintinence I don't know about... Either way it is kinda a tease to see the lights, but not be able to see them lit this early in the year...

DisneySam

It was my favorite place to view wishes too. This past time we stood right at the corner of Casey's and in the middle of the street was wonderful!

PS: I love your avatar Disney Bunny!

MKCP 1985

Great snap of the LMAX set - looks like someone opened a box of Hot Wheels cars, and with the Hollywood Tower Hotel looming in the background - it is just a most excellent photo! (If only something could be done about that annoying hat!)

DW1

I was there 1 week ago and people were sitting on the balcony, waiting for Spectro. Half to 2/3 the balcony was accessable.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
psuchad said:
I don't understand why they even take decorations down. What happened to Disney magic? I always thought they would put everything up in one night. Yeah I know, dreaming.

I know what you mean, they are constantly putting up and taking down those lights... :xmas:

WDWScottieBoy

I was just at MGM yesterday and didn't even think about walking back to Streets of America.

I guess I've got something to see if I go there next week.

Thanks for the pictures by the way!

RogueHabit

Gucci65 said:
I didn't realize they started putting up the Osborne lights this early. Wow.

Thanks for pics!

We git back this morning and were at the Studios yesterday. The Christmas tree light array seen in the second pic has now been completed and raised atop the building facade in the right of the third pic.

Also the commentator on the Backlot tour noted that they have to start planning for Christmas in August! This includes the Osbourne Lights which I believe she said debut on 14th November. :)

peter11435

Catch 22 said:
We git back this morning and were at the Studios yesterday. The Christmas tree light array seen in the second pic has now been completed and raised atop the building facade in the right of the third pic.

Also the commentator on the Backlot tour noted that they have to start planning for Christmas in August! This includes the Osbourne Lights which I believe she said debut on 14th November. :)
Actually according to the travel channels "Christmas at WDW behind the scenes" Disney Holiday Services starts planning for Christmas as soon as they take down the decorations. First they have to go through and decide what’s damaged and needs replaced and what they need new, then they begin planning what and where things will go next year and then they begin making these new decorations. Finally they get to put up the decorations and ironically have their only time of the year with nothing to do.

GaryT977

Gucci65 said:
I didn't realize they started putting up the Osborne lights this early. Wow.

Yeah, that kind of freaked me out too. They also started setting up the food and wine festival at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom