main street sidewalk

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hopefully no one in OTD reads this: Your right filling it in would be the only way. Lets not present this as a "Good Idea". Keep the CURBS! (Not the temporary ones at the Candy Shop, though)

Huge theme improvement: I would like to see either brick sidewalks like Disneyland or brick Main St like Disneyland Paris. Both look really cool.
I actually do not even think that that is even a realistic option as the increase in material weight would over stress the existing structure below.

devoy1701

I actually do not even think that that is even a realistic option as the increase in material weight would over stress the existing structure below.

they could use the spongey rubber material they use in the water play areas. That should also help with the skinned knees. :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
they could use the spongey rubber material they use in the water play areas. That should also help with the skinned knees. :lookaroun
And at a depth of about 6" you could bounce from place to place like you were wearing shoes made of flubber!:lol:

Timon

Remember Main St is a real street. I've seen loaded dump trucks, cranes all over it. A maintenance engineer told me once that most of the original construction was way over designed. I know the dark pavement we see is a top layer of 4 to 6 inches over waterproofing and about a foot of concrete and steel.

MaryJaneP

I agree but considering the overly litigious nature of this country and its inhabitants Disney, as well as every other company, pretty much has to stupid proof everything.

If I may paraphrase Mark Twain's quote about doubting people who say something is "foolproof" because those same people woefully underestimate a sufficiently motivated "fool".

devoy1701

If I may paraphrase Mark Twain's quote about doubting people who say something is "foolproof" because those same people woefully underestimate a sufficiently motivated "fool".

Mark Twain's works are being edited/censored in schools in my area btw... just thought that was interesting.

Mr.MouseFan

Let's just wrap the whole place in bubble wrap. And while we're at it, let's put all characters in a glass box so that nobody can misconstrue any sort of character contact as an attempt to grab a breast, etc.

mp2bill

Seriously. I've never been a fan of those Philly t-shirts either.....

But then again, I'm a Red Sox fan. :D

"Tessie" is the Royal Rooters rally cry, "Tessie" is the tune they always sung...

Let's go Red Sox! Sorry, it's been a couple months, and with all their offseason moves, I'm having Red Sox withdrawals.

As far as the picture goes. Is it really that noticeable in person? I mean, who's looking at the sidewalk when they're walking down Main Street USA anyway?

Disneygal1

Don't like it.

I was just there 4 days ago and I have some pictures. I never noticed it until I saw this post. When I examined my pictures, I noticed that the extended platform is only on the right side and it doesn't fully go down the whole right of main street. It also looks bad, like the red of the sidewalk is on the street. If anyone wants to see the pics let me know.

IlikeDW

Walls Up

picture.php

picture.php

Pic from today, there was also a scrim up at town hall that was not there earlier in the week

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom