main street sidewalk

Tokyo

For those of you who have been to Tokyo Disneyland. I remember distinctly being a little tripped up by the 'impression' that there is a curb there but not actually having a curb. Real nice for wheelchairs an such but not so good for those like me who are used to stepping up after many years of walking up and down Main Street USA.

Center%20Street%20Adventurland.jpg

From:http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2008/07/world_bazaar_tokyo_disneyland.html

Timon

The concrete extension is only in front of the Candy Shop. The shop store front and covered area are going down for a face lift. Extending the side walk is temporary during construction to maintain pedestrian traffic. Give it a week or so and you'll see.

scottnj1966

It's only Temporary.

If anything was going to be done they would remove the curbs like they did at the entrance to main street.
I still believe they will in the future. Many people trip because curbs are confusing...ok just kidding, when it gets very busy many people do not see the curb, and bam, down they go.

GrumpyFan

It's only Temporary.

If anything was going to be done they would remove the curbs like they did at the entrance to main street.
I still believe they will in the future. Many people trip because curbs are confusing...ok just kidding, when it gets very busy many people do not see the curb, and bam, down they go.

Indeed! I've seen many near accidents and had a few close ones myself due to not paying attention. There is just SOOO much to see and so much excitement when you're walking on Main Street, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to have curbs here. I know they fit in because of the themeing and time period, but it would just seem to me that they're dangerous too.

Timon

Indeed! I've seen many near accidents and had a few close ones myself due to not paying attention. There is just SOOO much to see and so much excitement when you're walking on Main Street, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to have curbs here. I know they fit in because of the themeing and time period, but it would just seem to me that they're dangerous too.

(Caution: 1lbs of Sarcasm) I'm having visions of hundreds of people laying all over the curbs of Main St and traffic jams of Ambulances back stage. Why after 40 years are the MK curbs suddenly wiping out entire families? Have we all suddenly become chronically clumsy? What about curbs in our everyday lives? The old saying "he can't walk and chew gum" comes to mind. I understand cut curbs for strollers/wheelchairs, but come on walking is pretty easy - left, right, left right .... step over or go around obstacle.

devoy1701

(Caution: 1lbs of Sarcasm) I'm having visions of hundreds of people laying all over the curbs of Main St and traffic jams of Ambulances back stage. Why after 40 years are the MK curbs suddenly wiping out entire families? Have we all suddenly become chronically clumsy? What about curbs in our everyday lives? The old saying "he can't walk and chew gum" comes to mind. I understand cut curbs for strollers/wheelchairs, but come on walking is pretty easy - left, right, left right .... step over or go around obstacle.

This.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree but considering the overly litigious nature of this country and its inhabitants Disney, as well as every other company, pretty much has to stupid proof everything. However, from my understanding the curb on Main street can not be removed like it was in the hub. I could be wrong but I remember reading that due to the way the Utilidor structure was done under Main St the only way to eliminate the curb would be to raise Main St by filling it in.

powlessfamily4

I agree but considering the overly litigious nature of this country and its inhabitants Disney, as well as every other company, pretty much has to stupid proof everything.

I agree! I think it is disgusting the way people treat simple clumsy accidents as major "at fault" disputes. If you were at home tripped on the curb in front of your house you would probably not run to the hospital ER and make follow up visits. People need to get real. :p

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree! I think it is disgusting the way people treat simple clumsy accidents as major "at fault" disputes. If you were at home tripped on the curb in front of your house you would probably not run to the hospital ER and make follow up visits. People need to get real. :p
I agree. While at the Boardwalk my wife was not looking where she was going, stepped off a curb, fell and broke her arm. Nearly everyone asked "Did you sue?" Her response was "Sue them for what? Me being a klutz?"

Timon

However, from my understanding the curb on Main street can not be removed like it was in the hub. I could be wrong but I remember reading that due to the way the Utilidor structure was done under Main St the only way to eliminate the curb would be to raise Main St by filling it in.

Hopefully no one in OTD reads this: Your right filling it in would be the only way. Lets not present this as a "Good Idea". Keep the CURBS! (Not the temporary ones at the Candy Shop, though)

Huge theme improvement: I would like to see either brick sidewalks like Disneyland or brick Main St like Disneyland Paris. Both look really cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom