Main Street Fountain Removal

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The reason the fountain and others have been removed is because Americans (most you lot reading) can't keep your little brats in check and they play in the water make everything wet then another one of you comes along and makes a drama pretending you have injured yourselves so you can try get a payday.
Excuse me, but I believe this photo shows residents of Antarctica cavorting in a WDW fountain...

1584415032368.png

Prince-1

Parent-shaming, fat-shaming, handicapped-shaming, American-shaming ... you’re on a roll. In multiple threads, sadly.

He is what we call a troll. It makes the person “internet brave” so that they can post silly drivel like this without having to worry about any actual repercussions. The next move is to say something that will try to show how scary he is and make an attempt to show that he is as tough in person as he is hiding behind the keyboard but we all know the truth....he isn’t.

disneyC97

There used to be fountains in Caribbean Plaza and next to the entrance to the old Walt Disney Story on Main Street they have all been turned into planters and/or removed that weren’t in the way of anybody.

MadTeacup

First, I'd just like to point out that this fountain was actually removed a year or two ago. The current scope of the project includes widening the opening under the canopy between the bathrooms and first aid, adding more outdoor seating for Casey's Corner, and installing a new backstage gate. New steel horizontal beams were installed to allow some of the vertical support posts to be eliminated. This allows unobstructed access to the new, wider backstage gate. Next, the area will be repaved to eliminate some of the flower beds and allow for the placement of more tables.
I lament the loss of the potential for a decently sized addition to the park’s strained capacity.
The problem is that the Main Street Theater would not have offered continuous capacity. There would be a few shows a day with massive show dumps and downtime in between. It would have had little overall impact on capacity and caused crowding issues on Main Street. I'm quite glad it didn't get built. Now... bring back some form of the Galaxy Palace Stage and it's a very different story.

jmuboy

First, I'd just like to point out that this fountain was actually removed a year or two ago. The current scope of the project includes widening the opening under the canopy between the bathrooms and first aid, adding more outdoor seating for Casey's Corner, and installing a new backstage gate. New steel horizontal beams were installed to allow some of the vertical support posts to be eliminated. This allows unobstructed access to the new, wider backstage gate. Next, the area will be repaved to eliminate some of the flower beds and allow for the placement of more tables.

UGHHHHHH

The description above sounds like just another way thar WDW management is making Main St less quaint and more like a mall

sad

:-(

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
UGHHHHHH

The description above sounds like just another way thar WDW management is making Main St less quaint and more like a mall

sad

:-(

The area in question wasn't on main street, but was a tiny area outside of rest rooms and the first aid. Extending Casey's seating makes it more part of Main Street.

_caleb

The area in question wasn't on main street, but was a tiny area outside of rest rooms and the first aid. Extending Casey's seating makes it more part of Main Street.
I agree. In the photos upthread, you can picture Casey's expanding to two areas of seating/umbrellas. This really will incorporate the former fountain/childcare/med plaza area into Main Street.

Personally, I wish they would leave/replace the fountain, as it could help make the sea of outdoor tables a bit less like a parking lot. Also, a roof over the entire area (still keeping the seating area outdoors) would be much better than the umbrellas, but I know, that'd be too expensive.

Kman101

The problem is that the Main Street Theater would not have offered continuous capacity. There would be a few shows a day with massive show dumps and downtime in between. It would have had little overall impact on capacity and caused crowding issues on Main Street. I'm quite glad it didn't get built. Now... bring back some form of the Galaxy Palace Stage and it's a very different story.

Thanks for the information on the project.

I hear what you're saying about the theater, but that's one of the reasons they have the bypass ... I think they were looking for reasons to cancel it and found them. I think the park capacity definitely needed it. The Magic Kingdom just cannot meet the capacity for the amount of guests that pour into the park. But unfortunately the other parks are still low in attractions and that means whatever new gets put in at the MK draws a crowd ... they're in quite the spot.

Animaniac93-98

Casey's is always busy because it's the only place on Main Street besides Starbucks to get grab and go food.

The Adventureland Veranda and Tomorrowland Terrace were built so that there would be more than 5 decent sized food halls in the park, and neither are being used as originally intended.

Adding a few more tables to one location will not solve this problem. To say nothing of deliberately under staffing locations.

lazyboy97o

A sec-

A SEC-OND?! As in MORE than one?! Who's going to pay for such a thing to operate on a daily basis?

What do you think we're talking about here, the world's most attended amusement park or something?!
While having the different options is really good, there is also something just inherently ridiculous about there only being one quick service venue that serves hot dogs and one venue that serves typical burgers* at the Magic Kingdom. These are easy, simple offers that don’t require a lot to do well (even if that seems to be a challenge with the burgers and pizza).

Animaniac93-98

While having the different options is really good, there is also something just inherently ridiculous about there only being one quick service venue that serves hot dogs and one venue that serves typical burgers* at the Magic Kingdom. These are easy, simple offers that don’t require a lot to do well (even if that seems to be a challenge with the burgers and pizza).

Imagine having a family with 3 kids and one wants a hot dog, a pizza and a burger and suddenly realizing that involves going to three different locations in MK.

EDIT: Just looked up the menu at Cosmic Ray's and while they have hot dogs and burgers, they do not have pizza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom