Main Street Firehouse Gift Station Closing July 10

Captain Hank

Original Poster
As of July 10, the firehouse on Main Street will be closing. Plans for its replacement are currently in development. While the shop will be closing, the exterior of the building will remain as it is. Note that the practice of collecting and displaying patches from fire stations across the country/world will remain in some fashion or another. Also, much of the merchandise will be available at the Emporium.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'd actually like to see them park an antique fire engine in there....It could be a great building that just adds atmosphere to the area.

A great tradition in law enforcement and firefighters is the exchange and trading of patches. I'm very glad to see they are going to continue this tradition.

jmuboy

I hope this returns to an exhibit space with antique fire engine and some tribute to our heros - firefighters.

Minnie1976

I'd actually like to see them park an antique fire engine in there....It could be a great building that just adds atmosphere to the area.

A great tradition in law enforcement and firefighters is the exchange and trading of patches. I'm very glad to see they are going to continue this tradition.
Years ago there use to be a firetruck in there and the kids could sit in it back in 1979. I have a picture of our son in it.

JimboJones123

If they were really gutsy, they could have these vintage guys show up for a little fire show. No meet and greet.

MFB+Goofy+Donald.jpg

dxwwf3

This was the one of the few shops that I saw on this trip that had something in that shop that you could only get in that shop. So naturally it would have to go :lol:

There are enough shops in that area. Hopefully they will do something nice.

MarkTwain

I'm kinda hoping it will be just, y'know, a fire station. :lookaroun Isn't that what the fire station at Disneyland is?

Keep the antique fire truck in there when it isn't driving up and down Main Street, let guests wonder in and read about the role of fire departments in towns, maybe have some play elements... just let it be the little piece of atmosphere that Main Street should be all about. :)

The Empress Lilly

I love all of the ideas mentioned:
A Main Street atmospheric / period enhancement
A tribute to firefighters, exchange and trading of patches
An antique firetruck, for photo-ops and to play for kids
Unique merchandise

Not holding my breath. This being Disney, none of that will probably happen. Instead, the Firehouse will become a meet-and-greet for those Cars characters Disney is desperately trying to shove down our throats to become for boys what 'princesses' are for girls.

DisneyNut2007

I love all of the ideas mentioned:
A Main Street atmospheric / period enhancement
A tribute to firefighters, exchange and trading of patches
An antique firetruck, for photo-ops and to play for kids
Unique merchandise

Not holding my breath. This being Disney, none of that will probably happen. Instead, the Firehouse will become a meet-and-greet for those Cars characters Disney is desperately trying to shove down our throats to become for boys what 'princesses' are for girls.

For an Empress, you sure are stupid. :mad:

PhilharMagician

I was never impressed by this shop. It is very small and carries a limited amount of merch anyway. Hopefully they create a nice exibit in there and no more shops.

(maybe they will let me go upstairs and get the golden E-tickets)

aladdin2007

Why dont they just build a 5th park, Meet n Greet Kingdom. This stuff is taking over everything. The shop isnt a big loss as a shop but whats wrong with a little exhibit of some kind instead. Characters are taking over nooks and crannys, dining, and major buildings now that could/should be attractions, well in terms of the snow white location anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom