News Main Street Electrical Parade and A Christmas Fantasy Parade to return

waltography

The 50th campaign for MSEP will somehow surpass WDW’s 50th.
I can see it now!
  • Golden snail statues everywhere
  • A giant 50 drum in front of the train station as the Beacon of Magic
  • In lieu of a monorail wrap, a drum float model car attached to the end of the Disneyland Railroad
  • A huge kite of Elliot the dragon in the Rivers of America during the day (and Electric Water Pageant at night)
  • Electrical Parade in the Sky fireworks show, complete with a ballad rendition of Baroque Hoedown

brb1006

The 50th campaign for MSEP will somehow surpass WDW’s 50th.

What an embarrassment WDW's 50th Anniversary has started out. Hopefully the upcoming "Drawn To Life" show at Disney Springs might make up for it. Sure that show was delayed by a year and technically doesn't count as a 50th Anniversary offering. But that show is already 10 times better than Kitetails, Harmonious, and Disney Enchantment. For starters, the show is a love letter to Disney's hand-drawn animation!

Californian Elitist

As someone who goes more often to WDW, DL can have it. I don’t like the gridlocks the parades cause in the parks personally though either.
Do you tell yourself that to feel better about the lack of entertainment, especially for WDW’s 50th celebration, or do you actually dislike parades due to gridlocks? Honest question.

I too would rather our parade stay home.

brb1006

Looking at what they're doing out there in Florida for their 50th, that won't be difficult.

And I say that as someone who LOVES that Kitetails show.

I pray to the tiki gods that the upcoming "Drawn To Life" show at Disney Springs could makeup for Kitetails show. Then again this is Cirque du Solei we're talking about, I already have high hopes for this show.

Just look at some of the behind the scenes videos from Crique du Solei's Youtube Channel!

D.Silentu

I say that as someone who LOVES that Kitetails show.

Naturally I feel bad for the WDW crowd, but when I found a minute to watch a performance on Youtube I was floored. I had to stop the video, as tears were in my eyes from the gales of laughter! The show is sort of like the theme park equivalent of a crummy movie that you put on solely to making fun of it. Just thinking of those giant unwieldy balloons traveling in a circle or figure eight for the entire length of a song is making me grin. We really ought to start a betting pool as it's only a matter of time before one of those massive inflatables flies into the audience!

Giss Neric

I don't why they chose to bring back MSEP than Magic Happens. They would save more money with Magic Happens cause it doesn't require that many lights. So does it all boil down to lack of performers?

TP2000

Naturally I feel bad for the WDW crowd, but when I found a minute to watch a performance on Youtube I was floored. I had to stop the video, as tears were in my eyes from the gales of laughter! The show is sort of like the theme park equivalent of a crummy movie that you put on solely to making fun of it. Just thinking of those giant unwieldy balloons traveling in a circle or figure eight for the entire length of a song is making me grin. We really ought to start a betting pool as it's only a matter of time before one of those massive inflatables flies into the audience!

Isn't it wonderful?!? And you have to realize that well-paid executives in TDO all sat around and actually approved this whole thing. They knew this was going to happen, and they approved it. On purpose.

It's the best gift you could ever get; the gift of hysterical laughter.

Thanks to @hopemax for posting this thread in another thread. I found the perfect sketch for when ever Disney decides on making "Farewell/Glowing Away" merchandise for the Main Street Electrical Parade for both WDW and DL.

From a local Seattle comedy show called "Almost Live"

Oh my gosh. You posted that, and my memory banks sprang to life, and I thought "Wait a minute... I'm remembering things... Seattle... the Mid-Reagan era.... KING-TV Channel 5.... Almost Live!"

I had completely forgotten about that show! I moved from Seattle in the very late 1980's, and when I just Googled it apparently it ran well into the 1990's. But it was fantastic in the 80's. Like a local late night version of David Letterman crossed with SNL. They had a running skit called Win A Date With Bill Gates, that actually featured the real Bill Gates going on a date with a single girl at a Seattle pizza parlor, or playing mini-golf, etc. (can you even imagine Bill Gates agreeing to that today?). They also made ruthless fun of Swedish-Americans, in a town that was mostly of Scandinavian descent. I'm a Swede, and it was hysterical!

That was back when Seattle had a sense of humor. They don't really laugh much up there any more. 😔

Last edited:

brb1006

Isn't it wonderful?!? And you have to realize that well-paid executives in TDO all sat around and actually approved this whole thing. They knew this was going to happen, and they approved it. On purpose.

It's the best gift you could ever get; the gift of hysterical laughter.

Oh my gosh. You posted that, and my memory banks sprang to life, and I thought "Wait a minute... I'm remembering things... Seattle... the Mid-Reagan era.... KING-TV Channel 5.... Almost Live!"

I had completely forgotten about that show! I moved from Seattle in the very late 1980's, and when I just Googled it apparently it ran well into the 1990's. But it was fantastic in the 80's. Like a local late night version of David Letterman crossed with SNL. They had a running skit called Win A Date With Bill Gates, that actually featured the real Bill Gates going on a date with a single girl at a Seattle pizza parlor, or playing mini-golf, etc. (can you even imagine Bill Gates agreeing to that today?). They also made ruthless fun of Swedish-Americans, in a town that was mostly of Scandinavian descent. I'm a Swede, and it was hysterical!

That was back when Seattle had a sense of humor. They don't really laugh much up there any more. 😔
Wow! I didn't know you seen that show until now!

el_super

I don't why they chose to bring back MSEP than Magic Happens. They would save more money with Magic Happens cause it doesn't require that many lights. So does it all boil down to lack of performers?

They've had a lot of practice of remounting the electrical parade. They also had properly stored it away in the warehouse, unlike other shows/parades that were just abandoned in place last year.

el_super

Any thoughts/predictions on the timeline?

Oh I don't pretend to be an expert at these things at all... but if they had to rebuild Magic Happens in any serious way, and that meant waiting for parts, equipment and costumes from China, it could be a long ways off.

ON the other hand, they are running Christmas Fantasy this year, and that's one of the most labor intensive parades they have done. It could just be a matter of waiting until after the holidays to transition the cast from ACF into rehearsals for Magic Happens, which would tee them up for a spring break return.

jrhwdw

Oh I don't pretend to be an expert at these things at all... but if they had to rebuild Magic Happens in any serious way, and that meant waiting for parts, equipment and costumes from China, it could be a long ways off.

ON the other hand, they are running Christmas Fantasy this year, and that's one of the most labor intensive parades they have done. It could just be a matter of waiting until after the holidays to transition the cast from ACF into rehearsals for Magic Happens, which would tee them up for a spring break return.
Why would DL have to rebuild MH????????? That's a brand New Parade that only had a 2 week run! Don't tell me DL treated a Brand New Parade like how we think MK treated Spectro after 2010!!!!!! That might be a bigger problem than Spectro's demise!!!!

Yes, we saw a tiktock but how do we know MSEP/PTN is safe????? ACF Seems safe since it returns 2 weeks from tonight(After Hours).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom