News Main Street Electrical Parade and A Christmas Fantasy Parade to return

PiratesMansion

I love the Electrical Parade! I really do! But I hate that Disney keeps pulling it out whenever they want to increase guest numbers or make more money.
Precisely that.

It is impossible for me to see MSEP as anything more than an example of modern Disney pandering in the worst possible way. But I suppose I can't blame them when it works and seems to immediately stop legitimate criticisms of the current parks product from a certain subset of nostalgic fans, while also boosting attendance each and every time.

They'll keep doing it until it stops working.

BasiltheBatLord

It’s so strange how they put so much money into making PTN and marketed it as the permanent successor to MSEP then mothballed it after a couple years. I heard that it’s expensive to run and so that’s the issue, you’d think they would have figured that out prior to building it though.

brb1006

It's only a matter of time until somebody makes an updated version of MSEP's "Farewell Tour" pins and shirts.
6419278_0.jpg

wtyy21

I would like to see how MSEP 50th anniversary logo appears. I predicts one of two logos to be used for its 50th anniversary.
One predicted (1st) logo is like this :
E_yGXu1VIAc3tdo.jpeg

Another (2nd) one will be like this:
image_49276.jpg

Fans will be likely use the first than second logo because the 1st logo will be more familiar for MSEP fans and the second one is too like WDW 50th logo, causing they mistaking MSEP with WDW one.

Last edited:

mickEblu

MSEP is fine, just like old rides, but the way they retire it and bring it back every year is what makes me annoyed with it.

It's like a dramatic friend that makes a big deal about everything.

If it was Disney's regularly scheduled parade with no retirement date, I would be totally cool with it.

But instead it's the McRib of parades.

Yeah I agree. I think people have more of an issue with the way Disney handles the parade as they do with the parade itself. I wasn’t crazy about PTN. Mostly because the soundtrack. It didn’t give warm and fuzzies that MSEP does. Too modern and just kind of out of place on Main Street. Kind of like Mickey’s Mix Magic.

I don’t feel like PTN was a good spiritual successor to MSEP. Not having the soundtrack is a non starter. Then also I remember thinking there weren’t enough small things between the big floats. Like all the little bugs that zig zag and get really close to the audience.

Id like to see MSEP plussed. They could also add 2-3 new popular IPs, and get rid of the boring Cinderella/ Princess section.

doctornick

Seriously. What’s the difference between MSEP or riding some of these ancient dark rides? I think people complain about MSEP because at some point they were duped about it going away forever. And no one likes being duped.

My thoughts are that it shouldn’t be retired. It should be plussed and brought into the 21st century with some new IP while keeping the classic stuff and not altering the soundtrack.

MSEP Is the Quintessential Disneyland parade. It’s grandfathered in at this point and should always have a place at Disneyland.

I think there needs to be opportunity for other, more modern parades to be able to run. But there should also always be a place for MSEP to exist and be able to be seen much like vintage rides.

I know it isn't easy to just run a parade on a whim, but I wonder if they might do something like have MSEP run (say) throughout June every year since that was its debut month and the other 11 months of the year PTN or another night parade could run. I don't knw if it would be realistic but it would be nice to have it continue to operate and be able to be enjoyed.

mickEblu

I think there needs to be opportunity for other, more modern parades to be able to run. But there should also always be a place for MSEP to exist and be able to be seen much like vintage rides.

I know it isn't easy to just run a parade on a whim, but I wonder if they might do something like have MSEP run (say) throughout June every year since that was its debut month and the other 11 months of the year PTN or another night parade could run. I don't knw if it would be realistic but it would be nice to have it continue to operate and be able to be enjoyed.

That’s a good idea and Id have no problems with them alternating PTN and MSEP. I guess it’s us fans that make it an either/ or thing. My issue was when I thought PTN was MSEP’s replacement which I guess according to Disney it was supposed to be. But I think they understand the nostalgia surrounding the parade and they can always use it now and then to draw some crowds. Especially in the “off season.”

PiratesMansion

I would get the nostalgia piece if I was a local. No doubt that's why they keep going back to that MSEP well.

But as summer 2021, Tokyo Disneyland has been running the updated MSEP, Dreamlights, for more than 20 years. In that time, only one float hasn't been swapped out or plussed there.

Meanwhile, the original Disney theme park and alleged flagship property is running an almost 50 year old parade that hasn't been positively updated since 1986, while a state of the art parade sits rotting in a backstage warehouse. I know many won't agree, but from my view that's pretty embarrassing.

Even if PTN isn't your thing, I think it should be clear that the Disneyland of 2021 deserves better than the same old MSEP.

brb1006

Update MSEP and maybe I’d feel differently. Count me in as another who’s very annoyed with the “it’s glowing away forever, oops, no it’s not” buffoonery.
Strongly agree, don't get me started with the amount of times Disney created "Glowing Away" merchandise in recent years knowing it might return in the near future. MSEP gained 3 glowing away merchandise when it was running at WDW.

brb1006

I would get the nostalgia piece if I was a local. No doubt that's why they keep going back to that MSEP well.

But as summer 2021, Tokyo Disneyland has been running the updated MSEP, Dreamlights, for more than 20 years. In that time, only one float hasn't been swapped out or plussed there.

Meanwhile, the original Disney theme park and alleged flagship property is running an almost 50 year old parade that hasn't been positively updated since 1986 while a state of the art parade sits rotting in a backstage warehouse. I know many won't agree, but from my view that's pretty embarrassing.

Even if PTN isn't your thing, I think it should be clear that the Disneyland of 2021 deserves better.

Here's footage of Dreamlights in it's original format (circa 2001)

And 2011 (after it's first renewal in 2007) which introduced Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo into the parade.

Heck, the parade even has a special Christmas version that runs every Christmas Season. The only time MSEP tried that was for a very brief period in the late 1990s and early 2000s for the WDW and Paris versions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom