Main Street Changes

tracyandalex

hey all,

we are so very excited about all of these rehabs!!!!!!!!!! we hope thay are all true. we haven't been to the world for about 2 years and are so excited that there will be lots of new stuff for us to see :sohappy: . reeeeeeeeaaaaaallllyyyyy hope all the refurbs are true

tracy & alex

NeedABreak

a2grafix said:
Just like the Great Movie Ride at MGM but only themed with audio animatronic historical Disney cartoons through the ages?

Sort of but GMR is a slow boat ride where this would be more like Mr. Toad was, sort of fast and exciting but still tame enough for familys with young kids.

I thought it would be a nice return to the kind of rides Disney used to make. You know: tons of theaming, nice story, imersive atmosphere.

SirGoofy

NeedABreak said:
Sort of but GMR is a slow boat ride where this would be more like Mr. Toad was, sort of fast and exciting but still tame enough for familys with young kids.

I thought it would be a nice return to the kind of rides Disney used to make. You know: tons of theaming, nice story, imersive atmosphere.

How long has it been since you've been to MGM Studios? GMR isn't a boat ride.

Back on topic, I think Main Street is fine the way it is. It has nice shops, and any attraction that is put in would just conjest the area.

a2grafix

NeedABreak said:

Very interesting idea. Maybe with Iger now in the pilot's seat, Disney will return to Walt's idea, in a way.

I just wonder when I return to WDW sometime soon what it will be like for me, with all of the changes taking place throughout the years. I mean, some things have been added and deleted since I was at the park 12 years ago.

But overall it would be nice for a nice refurbishment but return it - Main Street, Space Mountain, etc. - to its original form, but updated to today's standard.

Wonder if it takes the Imagineers who changed the look in the first place (name your ride, store, etc.) twice as much time to restore it to the way it once was (like Tiki Birds at DL)?

tirian said:
Imagineers and engineers were in the Center Street niche on Main Street yesterday (the 22nd), pointing out areas and going through a list. According to one Main Street CM, the old Toy Store will open again soon; the stockroom is reportedly already full of toys. Based on what she heard this morning, another attraction (possibly a restaurant or a small B-ticket) is also being considered. Imagineers apparently want to lure people onto Center Street.

Additional rumors: The Train Station refurb is part of a larger-scale refurb that will eventually restore Main Street. Many Tomorrowland CMs are reporting that their managers have confirmed that WDW's Space Mountain will go down for a Disneyland-style refurb soon. This was supposedly also on the in-house Cast Portal for a few hours on July 17th, but quickly removed.

Well, if nothing else, the Main Street makover is certainly true!

I am excited about this possible makeover for Main Street, but where is the Center Street Niche and where was the old toy store?? Both my mom and I can not seem to remember!!

Thanks

NeedABreak

SirGoofy said:
How long has it been since you've been to MGM Studios? GMR isn't a boat ride.

Back on topic, I think Main Street is fine the way it is. It has nice shops, and any attraction that is put in would just conjest the area.

holy crap what did i type? :lookaroun

DonaldDoleWhip

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Any speculation on what that B-Ticket attraction might be?

It is confirmed that the 'B' ticket will be a Lady and the Tramp dark ride. It will be above Tony's Town Square restaurant so while on the ride, you will be able to look down and see tramps slurping their spaghetti.

This is part of a major 'Italian' retheming of Main Street. The ice cream parlor will be turned into a gelato shop and all of the restaurants will offer deep dish pizzas.

To go along with the new Lady and the Tramp theming in Town Square, a wonderful puppy shop will be built, in which you can buy female dogs inside tight boxes with ribbons on their necks.

The Main Street theatre will be brought back. It will constantly air Lady and the Tramp and its direct to video sequel.

The Penny Arcade will be reincarnated in the form of a Mafia Shooting Gallery. The Godfather will be there to accept your money and exchange it for bullets you can use to load your guns. Wonderful prizes will be at hand for killing 15 people, including deep dish pizzas and gelato.

And that's about it. :)

dixiegirl

bgraham34 said:
I for one would love to see the cinema return.

yes me too, with the penny arcade as well.....while we're at it can they please bring back the skyway??? yes i know it has nothing to do with main street rehab.....but felt the need to express..lol

15 more days.....here we come Port Orleans Riverside!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom