Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

WDWVolFan

OK 77 pages...way too much to read while at work but the question that I have is:

Will they sell the Ginormous Cinnamon Rolls and the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches? Those things can be bought as a snack and are great for an afternoon snack or breakfast (the rolls)...they cannot go away from Main Street Bakery...after all, it is a BAKERY!

emcclay

OK 77 pages...way too much to read while at work but the question that I have is:

Will they sell the Ginormous Cinnamon Rolls and the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches? Those things can be bought as a snack and are great for an afternoon snack or breakfast (the rolls)...they cannot go away from Main Street Bakery...after all, it is a BAKERY!

The cinnamon rolls are at Gaston's Tavern. Not certain if it was confirmed whether or not they were returning to the bakery, also. I feel like it was discussed earlier on in this thread. Honestly, I hope they do return. The rolls presently served at Gaston's may be big. While they may be big and look delicious, they are lacking in the flavor department, IMHO.

Goofyernmost

Just would like to say that Walt may not care too much having his bakery shop changed to a modern day coffee shop. They should have left it the way it was.
Me thinks you don't really know Walt very well. He wouldn't have even blinked about this. It's how he got Disneyland started. :)

Walt would have cared about what the facade looked like because he wanted it to look like a Main Street in the early 1900's. He didn't even follow that to the letter because I truly doubt that stores at the turn of the 20th century were so brightly painted or as ornate as those on Main Street USA. He wouldn't have cared what was inside because that was just a retail space and if nothing else he always kept up with the times.

mm52200

Just would like to say that Walt may not care too much having his bakery shop changed to a modern day coffee shop. They should have left it the way it was.
Also it's not being turned into a modern themed coffee shop. It will still fully retain it's Main Street USA theming, only difference is that now Starbucks beverages will be available at the bakery.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Sleepy Hollow has waffles, and other types of waffles, and other waffles.

The Starbucks addition is really going to cause a major headache for those looking for breakfast in the MK.

Now that trash receptacles aren't emptied in an retentive fashion as soon as they contain a trash molecule, I find that lots o' free breakfasts can be obtained with a little creative scavenging. Word to the wise - this is not for your picky eaters.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I believe it is uncertain, but there is reason to be concerned. Note this post from @RSoxNo1 -

The question was asked on the Disney Parks Blog when the announcement original came out. They didn't say that they wouldn't be returning, but they did say they were available at Gaston's Tavern.

Figment82

Honestly, the ice cream cookie sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow are much better. I started going there years ago when I was craving one and find that their cookies are much fresher and softer. I've switched over to the Nuetella waffle sandwich when I'm in the mood for 10,000 calories, but I still recommend their ice cream cookie sandwich.

Although, in my personal opinion, the Bakery started going downhill when they got rid of the Mickey bundt cakes - anyone else remember them?

RSoxNo1

Honestly, the ice cream cookie sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow are much better. I started going there years ago when I was craving one and find that their cookies are much fresher and softer. I've switched over to the Nuetella waffle sandwich when I'm in the mood for 10,000 calories, but I still recommend their ice cream cookie sandwich.

Although, in my personal opinion, the Bakery started going downhill when they got rid of the Mickey bundt cakes - anyone else remember them?
They also have the same Ice Cream sandwich at Dino Bite snacks in DAK. It's good stuff.

Figment82

They also have the same Ice Cream sandwich at Dino Bite snacks in DAK. It's good stuff.

Yes! Funny you should mention that - I actually just had one from Dino-Bite on Saturday and it was also very tasty. It's a pretty good "deal" as well. I was looking at the prices and a cup of ice cream is $4.59 and a single cookie is $2.39 - the sandwich is $4.49, making it a dime cheaper than the cup and you get two delicious cookies. I'd even say it is a better deal than the sundae that my husband got which is $4.89. He thought I was going to share with him too, silly boy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom