main steet elerictal prade

PurpleDragon

I don't dislike Spectro Magic, I have only seen it once, but I've heard it lots of times.

I usually spend parade time jumping on rides, since there are hardly any lines then. :sohappy:

But as I said I grew up on MSEP so I have somewhat of a biased opinion.

bork

I love the MSEP! It's so much better than SpectroMagic. I have the MSEP parade CD and I listen to it all the time. I've been hooked ever since I saw it as a kid in 1984.

I was so lucky to be able to see the MSEP again in 2000, when Spectro was being refurbed (Actually, it was the DL version before it went to DCA) .

I also saw it at DCA in 2003. It was good, but it needs to be on Main Street.

sabian

i was under the impression that the mainstreet electrical parade went to tokyo after leaving Walt Disney world? :veryconfu

bork

There are 3 MSEP's.

The DL version opened in 1972 and was replaced by Light Magic in 1996. It moved to the MK in 2000 while Spectro was rehabbed. It moved to DCA in 2001.

The MK version opened in 1977 and was replaced by SpectroMagic in 1991. It moved to DL Paris for it's 1992 opening until it was replaced by Fantillusion from Tokyo in 2003.

The Tokyo version ran until it was replaced by Fantillusion. It came back in an updated form in 2001.

Bizarra

I love the MSEP. It's my favorite parade. I saw Spectro in December.. and it was a nice parade, but my heart belongs to the MSEP. :) I love the music especially. It's one of the pieces of music that transports me to Disney immediately. :)

DisneyMemories

l hope they bring back MSEP ,so many memories and especially being a kid watching and cinderella blew me a kiss from the parade,man l thought l was on cloud 9 that evening,reciving a kiss from a princess.

MKCP 1985

SpectroMagic is a very good parade, and it is unique to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. There is something to be said for that.

I just don't know if I will ever trust those trumpeting robot clowns with illuminating faces at the beginning. :lookaroun I'll bet they guard the utilidors at night, after dark, when the park is closed.

chrisps

Original Poster
main street elerical prade

I miss seening the msep it was my favorte parade I grew up waching the parade at night. I was exected when the peade came back in 99-01 I liked the prade so much I bout the cd of the prade and I lisen to the cd everyday and at night when I go to bed. I don'nt like sprica magic that much but I like the lights but I still like the oraal prade with all of the flots with the small world at the very end of the prade does any one else miss seeing the ongial prade at wdw? I liked that prade so much when I was 3 years old I was daning in the steet to the muisc I like so much I miss the prade alot I hope that it does come back soon. I whould like to see the prade again but I don'nt have a way to disneyland becuse my dad doesn'nt like to fly in airpains so I probly will never see the prade again.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
There is currently no sign of it coming back to WDW. The original is going to HK. SpectroMagic is here to stay for quite a while longer.

mrtoad

marni1971 said:
Hopefully WDW will get TDL`s Dreamlights when they are done with it - you know how they like to throw things away!

For those who don`t know, Dreamlights is the MSEP updated. Same music, but re recorded (and much more emotional, but still on a synth) and with similar floats to MSEP. Instantly recognisable, but with modern technology. Think MSEP meets Spectro. Hunt down a video on the net (there are a few) and be amazed!

Hi Martin,

When you said it is the same music but much more emotional, what do you mean? Did they add to it or something? The music was my favorite part and I miss that parade so much. I was glad when they brought the DLand version to WDW a few years ago and was sad when they took it away again. I love it so much more than Spectro.

Does anyone remember the music from Spectro Magic changing at some point? When we saw it last time, it was just an intrumental if I remember correctly but when we saw it for the first time in 1993, I thought there were lyrics that just kept saying Spectro....Magic....Specto....Magic over and over. Is that correct, does anyone know?

Thanks,
Mike

celticdog

mrtoad said:
Hi Martin,
Does anyone remember the music from Spectro Magic changing at some point? When we saw it last time, it was just an intrumental if I remember correctly but when we saw it for the first time in 1993, I thought there were lyrics that just kept saying Spectro....Magic....Specto....Magic over and over. Is that correct, does anyone know?

Thanks,
Mike

I know the music changed at least once. Genie's voice is in where Roger Rabbit's voice used to be.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hey Mike! How you doing?

Lets try to describe it.. its sounds like MSEP, from the WAAAAAAWWW at the start, to the instruments used. Same rhythm, same notes. Same tune. It just sounds like there is more of a drum beat, certain instruments are louder than others, it all feels new and fresh. If you are familiar with DLP`s PM theme as regards the HM theme the feeling is like that, but not quite as severe. Plus the Dreamlights parade has more `classical` parts to it, a bit like spectro. And the finale, well... the final few floats are Its a Small World, with the music half in Japanese and half English, with some Gorgeous orchestral arrangements amongst the more normal MSEP theme. One of those soundtracks that brought a very Disneyesque tear to my eye on first listening.

I would point you to some of the links I have that had the music (apart from file servers) but they are all dead right now it seems... if none of this makes sense, PM me!

JoeyJoe

So what exactly happened to the original WDW version of it??

It went to Paris and had its run there till it was replaced by Fantillusion, but where does WDW's version reside now?? In storage in Paris? Completely dismantled??

waltdisny

I would LOVE to see Elliot the dragon again.:D

And I love the baroque hoedown. As Cogsworth says, if it's not baroque why fix it?:lol:

djmatthews

I have had various opinions on the MSEP and SpectroMagic. I absolutely love them both.

The MSEP was the first night time parade I saw at EuroDisney back in '93, it was so amazing. Then I saw SpectroMagic in '97 which to was amazing. I have seen both again since.

SpectroMagic gives a shiver down my spine, it reminds me of being in Florida on a warm Floridian evening, the MSEP, however, is a bit more nostalgic to me and has a fabulous soundtrack.

I have to say however, judging by the videos and soundtrack, once again, TDL has kicked a*s with Dreamlights........ that looks AMAZINGLY, SUPERBLY FABULOUS!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom