Magicbands and passholders

SyracuseOrange

Lots of good info here, @Rob562. Thanks! (I'm an AP holder staying at ASM for the W&D 1/2 Marathon, and can't wait to get my band! I've been down during testing before, but never quite got lucky.)

Texas84

wait... so you're saying off-site (or local) AP holders not staying on-site have been able to book FP+?

I just booked FP+ at Epcot for November 1. I don't have a resort reservation for that date and I won't even be there. I'l go cancel it now. :)

Honor

Annual passholder and part-time local: We have annual passes and own a condo in Celebration. How will Magic Bands work for AP when there is not a corresponding resort reservation? How will we be able to make FastPass+ Also, we frequently have guests and have them stay at a DVC resort using our DVC points. How do we link our AP Magic Bands with our guests length-of-stay Magic Bands so we can all get the same FastPass+ reservations?

Rob562

Annual passholder and part-time local: We have annual passes and own a condo in Celebration. How will Magic Bands work for AP when there is not a corresponding resort reservation? How will we be able to make FastPass+ Also, we frequently have guests and have them stay at a DVC resort using our DVC points. How do we link our AP Magic Bands with our guests length-of-stay Magic Bands so we can all get the same FastPass+ reservations?

When the system goes fully live, AP-holders will get a Magic Band. (The system should also theoretically work with your current RFID card linked to your AP, if you've converted your paper AP to one of the plastic RFID tap cards)
Once you have your Band, you can make your own FP+ reservations, even if you're not staying on-site. (To the best of my knowledge, all AP holders who have Bands right now have previously stayed on-site and have the Band from that stay)

After you have your Band, it won't be necessary to link to your friends' DVC reservation, you'll be able to make FP+ reservations without it. But if you want to be able to coordinate times with each other, you should link your MDE profiles so that you show up in each others' Friends & Family lists.

The only time you might have a problem is if their stay is for more than a week. Currently AP holders with Bands have a maximum limit of 7 days' worth of FP+ reservations when they're not staying on-site. (I think it should be expanded to 10 days' worth, though) If your friends are on-site for 9 days, you won't be able to make that many days of FP+ reservations.

-Rob

WendyTinkerbell

Hey!

Just got back from Disney World. I was able to link our APs to the MagicBands, after ordering AP vouchers online. I had called in and they were able to link our vouchers (that some how made them "Will Call" tickets) to our MagicBands. I was able to make FP+ reservations before we arrived, and then we went to the first park, we went to Guest Relations window with our vouchers and they activated them that day by pulling up our "will call" tickets. It was very important that we had a pretty knowledgeable guy and I knew what was going on. I had to make him listen to me (as my husband put it... they are probably on auto pilot and give the same speech to everyone), but once we were on the same page, everything worked out fine. Activated out APs and out FP+ reservations were still there!

In other words, you can link your new APs to MagicBands before you arrive!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We received our green card renewal vouchers and I was able to book our FP+ for our December vacation (we will exchange the vouchers for our new APs then.)

Minthorne

This is VERY good data. It means that every year, when we get "green carded" by buying a new AP, or renewing an old one, we will still be able to use FP+ for an upcoming trip that will involve the classic "trading of the green" (ie, activation, or renewal card issuance).

In the MDE Fastpass+ criteria it appears that the "green card" counts as valid admission media.

Kbfarms

We also linked our MBs to our AP "will call" number (1 will call no. for 3 APs). We hit our 60 days today and I made FP+ for our DVC stay of 6 nights. However it wouldn't allow us to make FP+ for our checkout day from DVC (day 7) or day 8. Our 7&8 night we are at SOG. I had to call. The CM then allowed FP+ for the checkout day. But would not do day 8 for us. He stated we had to go to the park and use our AP card and not the MBs to use FP+ that day. Go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom