MagicBand+ announced

pdude81

I just called....they said there is nothing they can do about an order "in progress", but will refund if not delivered before I leave. 🙄

This is unreal
I was told the same thing just now, with slightly more information. He basically said that once we get an order confirmation/tracking number, we can call again and then they can try to either upgrade shipping or redirect to the resort. They don't have access to make any changes while the order is in fulfillment.

To me it sounds crazy that you have to create the shipping label to mail to my house before you can change it to go somewhere else, but I'm not in charge of logistics.

I also ordered on the 27th and I'm leaving for my trip in less than 5 days. Order still "In progress"

lewisc

I didn't like the answer, basically same as posted by PP, and was told to call the magic band direct number 8003280327. I called at 11a this morning. They still had the weekend recording answering calls. Great customer service.:mad:

No idea when they're shipping or what method of shipping is going to be used. The CM seemed surprised to learn some guests may be driving or flying to Orlando days before their resort reservation. :mad:

Only suggestion was to send an email to guest.services@disneyworld.com

WDWYankee15

I too called this morning. I have an arrival of this Saturday. After being transferred around a bunch of times and 45 minutes total in the line, I got to talk to "someone who could help." This CM started out by telling me that if they did not arrive in time for my trip I could always use them for a future trip. When I responded that I had no interest in paying now for bands that will sit around in hope of their use for a future trip. Then after speaking more and realizing when my trip was she told me that since I am within 10 days of my reservation which my purchase was linked to, they would not be shipped to my house any way. They said once the reservation is within 10 days and the shipment had not gone out they are blocked from sending to the home address and are re-routed to the resort. The CM told me that hopefully some pixie dust will come my way and they will be waiting for me at Poly when I arrive on Saturday.

However, they did concede that demand was far higher than they expected and they have not been able to ship many of the bands ordered. Also, they stated they have been swamped with calls, especially starting today, with individuals that have upcoming trips and looking for their bands.

I'm not holding my breath that I will be getting these and will end up on another lengthy call in the future looking for a refund.

Chip Chipperson

I too called this morning. I have an arrival of this Saturday. After being transferred around a bunch of times and 45 minutes total in the line, I got to talk to "someone who could help." This CM started out by telling me that if they did not arrive in time for my trip I could always use them for a future trip. When I responded that I had no interest in paying now for bands that will sit around in hope of their use for a future trip. Then after speaking more and realizing when my trip was she told me that since I am within 10 days of my reservation which my purchase was linked to, they would not be shipped to my house any way. They said once the reservation is within 10 days and the shipment had not gone out they are blocked from sending to the home address and are re-routed to the resort. The CM told me that hopefully some pixie dust will come my way and they will be waiting for me at Poly when I arrive on Saturday.

However, they did concede that demand was far higher than they expected and they have not been able to ship many of the bands ordered. Also, they stated they have been swamped with calls, especially starting today, with individuals that have upcoming trips and looking for their bands.

I'm not holding my breath that I will be getting these and will end up on another lengthy call in the future looking for a refund.

They weren't prepared for the demand, yet had no limits in place to prevent orders from exceeding their capacity to deliver them when promised. Classic headless chicken management.

pdude81

They weren't prepared for the demand, yet had no limits in place to prevent orders from exceeding their capacity to deliver them when promised. Classic headless chicken management.
It's very strange, because the magic band ordering system always had limits and popular stuff went out of stock rather quickly. Somebody screwed up when they keyed in the quantity of bands they had available.

Guests needing the bands in the next few weeks need to call. Try to get shipping upgraded or sent to your resort.
I have called three different times to make this request and was told it isn’t possible. They will be happy to refund me if they do not arrive by Friday 😡. They have also been processing since the 27th.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's very strange, because the magic band ordering system always had limits and popular stuff went out of stock rather quickly. Somebody screwed up when they keyed in the quantity of bands they had available.
it sounds like more of an issue in logistics than inventory.

It's easy to take orders for 50k of something you have in pallets...
It's a lot harder to plan how long it will take to convert 50k orders to product going out the door... and then provide a meaningful estimate to the buyer before they buy.

If it were simply a stock issue they wouldn't have sold the items - This sounds more like a fullfiment backlog that because you have customer deadlines, is harder than simply "your shipment will be delayed".

Disney's merch fullfillment (disney store.com etc) has always been kinda sketchy. I'm sure this overwhelmed them.

lewisc

It's a lot harder to plan how long it will take to convert 50k orders to product going out the door... and then provide a meaningful estimate to the buyer before they buy.

If it were simply a stock issue they wouldn't have sold the items - This sounds more like a fullfiment backlog that because you have customer deadlines, is harder than simply "your shipment will be delayed".

Disney's merch fullfillment (disney store.com etc) has always been kinda sketchy. I'm sure this overwhelmed them.
Plus the bands get personalized. Rumor is some bands require a firmware upgrade before shipping. If true its probably a BT pairing issue

TheMaxRebo

Looking back they really should have just had them all go to the resort for those with stays coming soon just to be safe

And in the end it will cost them more as they are refunding people but having them keep the bands

pdude81

Perhaps you're right, as they are still showing all these bands as available and I could order even for the second part of my trip.

However, if they can't fulfill the back orders right now, why in the hell are they letting people still order then for trips in the next two weeks? I'd think they would need to turn off the first hose for a bit while they fix the leak.

lewisc

And in the end it will cost them more as they are refunding people but having them keep the bands
But less then if Disney paid for return shipping, for an unsalelable product.

However, if they can't fulfill the back orders right now, why in the hell are they letting people still order then for trips in the next two weeks? I
Maybe the fulfillment house needs to pay overtime or needs to sub out some of the work

Hellingerian

After having no luck calling, I tried email support. I actually got a reply today from the message I sent to Shop Disney Parks on Saturday: “ I am so sorry for any confusion. Due to a system constraint, your MagicBands have been re-routed to your resort. They will be ready for you to pick up at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort when you arrive.”
While the bands are still listed as in progress on the site, this seems promising. I didn‘t mention my resort name in my email, so seeing it referenced in the reply is a good sign this isn’t just a scripted response. Hopefully this will be the case for all of us. I guess I’ll know for sure this weekend!

Gringrinngghost

FAA Limits batteries you can bring on board.https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/
You can do the math
20000 milliamps is OK 30000 is not allowed. Use the formula in the link if your battery is between 20 and 30K

There was a disvussion on cable length on a travel forum. Some posters thought 3 inches is the best cable length. Long enough to plug into a charger but compact for traveling. Others though 1.5" is long enough.
You can buy a USB extender cable.
They need a 10//3M Cable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom