MagicBand+ announced

homerdance

I am also in the boat of ordered new magic bands+ on the 27th, arriving in a few days, and still not in possession of the bands. Stupid Chapek.

JohnD

I placed two orders on the 27th...one was for our trip coming up with everyone in our family and the other was my individual ap. Received notification that my ap one (4 park version) shipped on 8/2. Tracking didn't show movement until just this morning. Finally.

I also placed an order on the 27th. The tracking status goes to a link directly at USPS showing it shipped from a facility between Orlando and Lakeland and is now just outside of Atlanta? Anyway, it departed this morning around 8am so I should receive it probably tomorrow.

runnsally

I also placed an order on the 27th. The tracking status goes to a link directly at USPS showing it shipped from a facility between Orlando and Lakeland and is now just outside of Atlanta? Anyway, it departed this morning around 8am so I should receive it probably tomorrow.
Ordered as part of a resort stay or a typical shopdisney order?

tnemgif

I just got off the phone. Allegedly bands are being sent to the resort for guests arriving by August 24th.
You explained the entire solution in 1 sentence, yet Disney can‘t get their crap together to send that info to customers, or at the very least, to their customer service reps. Oy.

Stupido

You explained the entire solution in 1 sentence, yet Disney can‘t get their crap together to send that info to customers, or at the very least, to their customer service reps. Oy.

I'm no coding master, but I work very closely with them. I think it would be juvenilely simple to write a script to email all guests arriving before the cut off date that their magicbands will be waiting at the resort for them. Disney's tech department (ui and coding) is embarrassingly behind the curve.

lewisc

I'm no coding master, but I work very closely with them. I think it would be juvenilely simple to write a script to email all guests arriving before the cut off date that their magicbands will be waiting at the resort for them. Disney's tech department (ui and coding) is embarrassingly behind the curve.
Or just put a note on the site where you check status. It would dramatically reduce the number of calls

TheMaxRebo

Theoretically simple, but the area that handles guest relation and stores emails and stuff is probably completely different from the ones fulfilling orders - might be on completely different systems, different languages, etc

There are so many departments in Disney and none of them talk to each other or leverage each others coding or information ... just not nearly as easy as it should be

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom