MagicBand+ announced

WorldExplorer

"Unlock interactive content throughout the resort."

It's only throughout the resort for the statues. Which are supposed to go away, right? In less than a year?

Otherwise it's just interactive content in Star Wars Land.

More on the way, or overstating?

(And yes, I may be kind of bitter that they removed Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and then rolled out a new Star Wars interactive game and expect us to be amazed by the statues saying hello.)

aaronml

A handful of additional MB showed up for pre order at the same time the date gor MB+ was announced
I only see 10 styles currently. At a minimum IMO they should prioritize having at least most/all of the solid color bands in stock, which isn’t currently the case.

lewisc

I only see 10 styles currently. At a minimum IMO they should prioritize having at least most/all of the solid color bands in stock, which isn’t currently the case.
I count 6 that weren't available the day before the announcement. More then a handful.

I agree, a greater selection should be available.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Unlock interactive content throughout the resort."

It's only throughout the resort for the statues. Which are supposed to go away, right? In less than a year?

Otherwise it's just interactive content in Star Wars Land.

More on the way, or overstating?

(And yes, I may be kind of bitter that they removed Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and then rolled out a new Star Wars interactive game and expect us to be amazed by the statues saying hello.)
AFAIK it's the statues in all the parks and in Batuu so far.

DisneyfanMA

I honestly hope they continue to sell (and invest in designs for) MB2.

Right now there are very few MB2 styles available (theoretically due to supply chain issues) but in a few days they are launching MB+ with 25 different designs. That will likely inflate the success of MB+ a bit since people will have to buy an MB+ unless they want one of the few remaining MB2 styles available.

I can see TDO deciding to stop investing in / phase out MB2 in favor of the more expensive MB+.

I'd say thats already occured. It's like after the launch of new video game systems. They're not going to spend much effort designing for something that has already been superceded. I would wager whatever is left on the shelf of MB2 will sell out and that is that. Wouldn't expect any new stock, let alone new designs.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Where do you see it's USB-A? I said something similar i.e. wall plug in with multiple ports for charging devices.

8. Is MagicBand+ rechargeable?​

Yes. MagicBand+ charges via USB using the included 6-inch cable. You will be required to supply your own USB power supply. One end of the cable is a USB Type A plug, and the other end is a proprietary cradle specific to MagicBand+.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
Where do you see it's USB-A? I said something similar i.e. wall plug in with multiple ports for charging devices.
Those ports are USB-A.

USB-USBtypeC-microUSB-lighting.jpg

I'm pretty excited with MB+. Why ? Because it's new, it will add some new stuff (galaxy's edge, with the statues...), because i find them nicer than classic MB, because i don't care about spending 40$ for useless things, especially in holidays . At least they will become good souvenirs.
And also because there is not a lot of new things since the last time we was in the parks, so i take everything.

For those unhappy, there is still the classics ones, at the same price.
Congratulations, you are rich! I think if I pay to see so wonderful shows, I won't need my wrist with lights and vibration. As a matter of fact, Disney is a place where families enjoy together and, from my perspective , prices are rising a lot. Additionally, 40 bucks are too much for big families. Well, this is my humble opinion. I hope you have a wonderful vacation at Disney.

Bbeagle

Congratulations, you are rich! I think if I pay to see so wonderful shows, I won't need my wrist with lights and vibration. As a matter of fact, Disney is a place where families enjoy together and, from my perspective , prices are rising a lot. Additionally, 40 bucks are too much for big families. Well, this is my humble opinion. I hope you have a wonderful vacation at Disney.
If I wasn’t doing okay financially, I wouldn’t even CONSIDER DisneyWorld. $35 bands are a no brainer for the additional fun.

My daughter is 14. This is the first time we’ve been able to take her to DisneyWorld. It’s not a vacation for the poor.

bhg469

My wife who is not into tech and doesn't really care for getting one of these said the other night that if they would add a pedometer into the band, she would want to buy one. It wouldn't need to have full fitbit features but that would be a pretty great upsell..

Ayla

My wife who is not into tech and doesn't really care for getting one of these said the other night that if they would add a pedometer into the band, she would want to buy one. It wouldn't need to have full fitbit features but that would be a pretty great upsell..
I don't disagree with her, but if she has an iphone or apple watch, they already have a pedometer built in.

bhg469

I don't disagree with her, but if she has an iphone or apple watch, they already have a pedometer built in.
She has a pixel 5, definitely a capable device but the idea of pulling out her phone to check her steps is what she and many other people like to avoid with smart watches and or fitbits. Apple watches are extremely expensive if you only plan on using them for park tickets but pedometers are super cheap. The cost is not worth it for someone like her, who couldn't care less about the added features and for someone who isn't in the apple ecosystem.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Original Poster
But another proprietary charger is a terrible decision. This will never be able to be sold in DLP after 2026. https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...ope-usb-c-charging-rule-iphone-what-it-means/

The EU rules require that if a device has a charging port, it must be USB-C.

OR... they can go the route of wireless charging and have no port (or both).

The have not mandated uniformity in wireless charging units, tho, I suppose that's next.

Nor is there a mandate that the other end of a USB-C wire also be USB-C.
That is not correct. The mandate exempts "devices that are too small to offer a USB-C port, such as smart watches, health trackers, and some sports equipment."

Everyone is significantly discounting the need for this device to be waterproof.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom