Magical Express luggage tags

jazzzz

Are the tags mailed out to you as soon as you make your reservation, or do they send them to you when your departure dates gets closer. I'm looking into making a January reservation.

JPVonDrake

jazzzz said:
Are the tags mailed out to you as soon as you make your reservation, or do they send them to you when your departure dates gets closer. I'm looking into making a January reservation.

The Magical Express travel documents, including your instructions, vouchers for the motorcoach, and the bag tags are sent separately from the rest of your vacation package travel documents. The DME documents are sent out approximately 18 days prior to arrival, to be recieved about 5-10 days prior to arrival.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

OliveMcFly

JPVonDrake - The Magical Express travel documents, including your instructions, vouchers for the motorcoach, and the bag tags are sent separately from the rest of your vacation package travel documents. The DME documents are sent out approximately 18 days prior to arrival, to be recieved about 5-10 days prior to arrival.
You answered my question. I was thinking 22 days. We leave in 19 we should be getting ours soon.
Anyone know what the new luggage tags look like? Picture?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Don't have pictures, but there are 6 very slightly different designs of Tinklebell flying around Cinderella Castle with the 50th Anniversary golden overlay. Which of the designs you get is random, but if you have a party of 6 paying guest on a one room reservation, (ie staying in one Fort Widerness Cabin, or one 2 or 3 Bedroom Vacation Club Villa) ideally you would get one of each.

Upvote 0

psd

We are leaving in 19 days and we received our yellow ME Tags a couple of days ago...They came in the mail....The tags with the castle are the ones that you get with your room reservations. The ME tags came from ME... I am glad they seem to be ahead of things now!! :)

Upvote 0

WDWbrightcubs

i just got mine yesterday....and they were just yellow sticker tags...nothing special...no tink..no castle..lol...did i get the right ones? if so, im jealous of the other ones

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

I have a quick question about this. How many tags do they send out? We have 4 people total going, staying at POP Centry, and the airline lets everyone bring 2 checked bags. Is there a limit to the number they will bring to your room, or will they send us 8?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Let me clarify...

The Cinderella Castle Luggage Tags are souveniors given to guest staying on a Disney Vacation Package only. These are different and separate from the DME bag tags.

When you book on Disney's Magical Express, about 5-10 days prior to your arrival you will recieve your Magical Express travel documents. Included are your instructions, your vouchers for the motorcoach, and 2 yellow bag tags per person. If you have a travel party of 5 or more, you will recieve two sets of DME travel documents. Even though they are mailed at the same time, they may arrive on different dates, so don't worry if you only get half of your tags, the rest will arrive soon.

Last Year's (prior to May 5) Vacation Package Luggage Tag

DME Travel Documents Cover

DME bag tags themselves

Upvote 0

aviva_dawn

JPVonDrake said:
The Cinderella Castle Luggage Tags are souveniors given to guest staying on a Disney Vacation Package only. These are different and separate from the DME bag tags.

I booked an all inclusive trip (Park Tickets, Hotel Reservations, Airfare, Meal Plan...) through that 407-W-Disney number. Is that a Disney Vacation Package or not? ( I'd really like to get a luggage tag with Tinkerbell on it!)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

aviva_dawn said:
I booked an all inclusive trip (Park Tickets, Hotel Reservations, Airfare, Meal Plan...) through that 407-W-Disney number. Is that a Disney Vacation Package or not? ( I'd really like to get a luggage tag with Tinkerbell on it!)

Thanks!

If you are on any of the "Magic Your Way" packages (you would have an 8 digit reservation number) then YEP! :king:

Do note, that Tinklebell herself is not on most of the new tag designs, instead it shows just her pixie dust trail circling the Castle. You have about a 1 in 6 chance of seeing Tink herself.

Upvote 0

aviva_dawn

JPVonDrake said:
If you are on any of the "Magic Your Way" packages (you would have an 8 digit reservation number) then YEP! :king:

Do note, that Tinklebell herself is not on most of the new tag designs, instead it shows just her pixie dust trail circling the Castle. You have about a 1 in 6 chance of seeing Tink herself.

Yeah, my package is a "Magic Your Way" deal. Pixie dust+ Castle is fine by me....I just don't want one of those yellow tags, because they aren't very appealing IMHO.....

Thank you for answering my question so quickly!

Upvote 0

MINECAR

Account Suspended
jazzzz said:
nope I got them 2months later and I have thing that was my un is coming too ad she got 4tags yet yr onl get 2 for each person anyway the excpress thing is great:cool:.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

aviva_dawn said:
Yeah, my package is a "Magic Your Way" deal. Pixie dust+ Castle is fine by me....I just don't want one of those yellow tags, because they aren't very appealing IMHO.....

Thank you for answering my question so quickly!

Well, remember if you are on a vacation package and are using the Magical Express, you get both.

If you are on a vacation package, the Cinderella Castle Luggage tags are your souveniors and its up to you if you use them or just save and collect them. They will arrive with your vacation package documents, about 30 days prior to arrival, once full payment has been recieved.

If you book on Disney's Magical Express, you then get the yellow bag tags that are pre-printed with important reservation information in the bar codes. These tags are mailed separately, and should arrive about 5-10 days prior to your arrival. You want to be sure to attach them to each piece of your checked luggage, so Disney can claim your bags behind the scenes and deliver them directly to your Resort room.

Upvote 0

aviva_dawn

JPVonDrake said:
Well, remember if you are on a vacation package and are using the Magical Express, you get both.

If you are on a vacation package, the Cinderella Castle Luggage tags are your souveniors and its up to you if you use them or just save and collect them. They will arrive with your vacation package documents, about 30 days prior to arrival, once full payment has been recieved.

If you book on Disney's Magical Express, you then get the yellow bag tags that are pre-printed with important reservation information in the bar codes. These tags are mailed separately, and should arrive about 5-10 days prior to your arrival. You want to be sure to attach them to each piece of your checked luggage, so Disney can claim your bags behind the scenes and deliver them directly to your Resort room.

I think that I understand....one other question though....

Since I booked and paid for my entire trip in full today and it's less than a month until my trip, do you think that my documents for my trip will be sent out immediately or in a week or so?

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

aviva_dawn said:
I think that I understand....one other question though....

Since I booked and paid for my entire trip in full today and it's less than a month until my trip, do you think that my documents for my trip will be sent out immediately or in a week or so?

Normally your vacation package documents are printed and sent within 2-5 business days once payment is recieved and processed and you are within 45 days prior to arrival.

The Magical Express documents are generated from a different location, and can be printed and sent within 3-5 business days once you are with 21 days prior to arrival.

Expect them both to take an additional 5-10 days for shipping and will arrive by US mail.

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

JPVonDrake said:

When you book on Disney's Magical Express, about 5-10 days prior to your arrival you will recieve your Magical Express travel documents. Included are your instructions, your vouchers for the motorcoach, and 2 yellow bag tags per person. If you have a travel party of 5 or more, you will recieve two sets of DME travel documents. Even though they are mailed at the same time, they may arrive on different dates, so don't worry if you only get half of your tags, the rest will arrive soon.

Last Year's (prior to May 5) Vacation Package Luggage Tag

DME Travel Documents Cover

DME bag tags themselves

Just wanted to say that I've read a bunch of your posts and I think you are extremely helpful! You clarify mnany issues that even I am having questions on. Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
JP - since you are being so helpful I'll butt in with another question (sorry if you've answered this before).

I booked a "room only" for November at All Star Movies and we are flying down on that trip instead of driving and I'd like to use ME. Am I supposed to call Disney and give them my flight info? Is that how they will know to send the tags?

Delta keeps changing my flight into MCO. If I told Disney my current flight info and then Delta changed my flight times a few more times before the trip, would Disney know the changes automatically somehow or would I need to keep calling with new info every time it changed? (assuming I'm supposed to call them with this info in the first place)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom