Magical Express: Hey - I want to go too!

NYwdwfan

We received the coveted magical express envelope in yesterday's mail and as I was putting it on my "Need for Disney" pile (we aren't leaving for another month) I noticed it was addressed to my 7 year old daughter. So I opened it up - and it contained vouchers and luggage tags but ONLY for my kids! So I called and they are sending them for my hubby and me - but figured I'd mention it in case anyone else just threw their envelope on the "Disney" pile as I almost did!

kstella

This has actually happened to me a couple of times with ME. :veryconfu They always fix it promptly and I have never had a problem getting on the bus at the airport but...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

drp4video

It just struck me as funny. Kids are on the bus with their luggage, ready to go to WDW, and mom and dad have to stay behind at the airport. Sorry, warped sense of humor.:lol:

Upvote 0

todpatcam

We received our Magical Express voucher pack a few days ago with the yellow luggage tags but we did not receive the Walt Disney World luggage tags with the rubber ties :shrug:

Do these come separately or have they stopped sending those out? We booked a 8 day package at POFQ through Disney:confused:

Upvote 0

John

Even if you dont have ressies for ME, they will not refuse you. As long as you have your resort conformation number they will be happy to allow you to board ME. I also have recieved incomplete packages from ME. Never had a problem.

Upvote 0

bhealthy

I've received another's tags in with mine. I called and they straightened everything out right away. (That poor person was waiting for their tags and now had to wait a little longer:eek:)

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We received our Magical Express voucher pack a few days ago with the yellow luggage tags but we did not receive the Walt Disney World luggage tags with the rubber ties :shrug:

Do these come separately or have they stopped sending those out? We booked a 8 day package at POFQ through Disney:confused:

DME comes separately from your "Package" stuff.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

If you booked a room only reservation, you won't be getting the luggage tags with the rubber ties, just the yellow "sticky" tags.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Even if you dont have ressies for ME, they will not refuse you. As long as you have your resort conformation number they will be happy to allow you to board ME.

As a side note, this is *not* official DME policy (and thus should not be counted on), and if DME allows people onto the bus without prior reservations, they're going against the contract they have with the airport.

As a concession to the taxis, towncars and other transportation services at the airport who were complaining about lost revenue, Disney agreed that they would only transport Guests who have made DME reservations *before* they arrive at MCO. If a Guest arrives with a Disney hotel reservation but didn't pre-arrange DME, they're not supposed to be transported.

-Rob

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Original Poster
It just struck me as funny. Kids are on the bus with their luggage, ready to go to WDW, and mom and dad have to stay behind at the airport. Sorry, warped sense of humor.:lol:

When I called DME I was giggling and said we received our package but it's only for my kids and my husband and I want to go too - I figured the agent would chuckle but I guess it had already been a long day for him. :rolleyes:

I was also able to add our flight info, which was missing, and got to hear "have a magical day", which was awesome. :)

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

When I received mine last week I checked to make sure they were correct. Well, they weren't. They set us up to leave 6 days earlier than we are supposed too. Are they just trying to kick us out? I do not have time to straighten it out before we leave, so I need to call them and then pick-up vouchers at the resort when we leave. What a pain in the a$$! I think we have only had one trip that everything was correct with DME. :brick: Just so you know, I am not really complaining because it saves me money and even with the issues it is still a great service.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom