magical express gone at the end of year?

Main Street Jim

Disney's Magical Express will remain complimentary through December 31, 2006. It is yet to be known if a fee will be imposed for guest traveling in 2007, but the service is currently expected to continue. As of now, we cannot book DME for travel dates beyond the complimentary period until a desision on the cost (if any) has been determined.

I'm just echoing what JP is saying here. My understanding is that the ME will remain free during HCoE, and after that, there may be a small fee to use ME. Unfortunately, that fee hasn't been determined yet. I would call your travel agent back later in the year to see what (if any) fees will be charged for ME and to book it.

kerry hyde

I hope they do keep ME going. Ive not used it yet but am planning to when I go in April:sohappy: . They operate a similar system at Disneyland Paris with a small charge. It is the most convenient and cheapest way to get to the resort and everytime Ive used it its always full. Heres hoping they do keep it going

I herd from someone that ME is not leaving at the end of the year becasue it is such a great guest service item. I dont see it leaving anytime soon. I have also herd that universal is trying to come up with something like it for there guest in the near future.

Main Street Jim said:
I'm just echoing what JP is saying here. My understanding is that the ME will remain free during HCoE, and after that, there may be a small fee to use ME. Unfortunately, that fee hasn't been determined yet. I would call your travel agent back later in the year to see what (if any) fees will be charged for ME and to book it.

PrincessCookie

What will we do if they cancel the Magic Express?:eek: My parents won't be able to find their way to our resort!! :lol:
Please reply back if you know what we can do besides driving their ourselves there if the Magical Express won't be there to save us.
Thanks,
PrincessCookie
{{{ mistrominnie on vmk }}}

PrincessCookie

PrincessCookie said:
What will we do if they cancel the Magic Express?:eek: My parents won't be able to find their way to our resort!! :lol:
Please reply back if you know what we can do besides driving their ourselves there if the Magical Express won't be there to save us.
Thanks,
PrincessCookie

wannabeBelle

relloron said:
Ah yes. It is ending later this year. It said in my new guide book I recently got too. I love ME, we didn't have any problems at all. It's sad to see it go, especially for the people who didn't get to do it!
With all of the money, time, effort, etc that went into developing this program to have it vanish aftre one year, especially when it is such a wonderful service and almost every glitch has been ironed out?? No way, not a shot. I happen to think that it is a GREAT Service and hope Disney will continue it at the free level!!! Belle

Craig & Lisa

wannabeBelle said:
If you are willing to spend the money and are working under serious time constraints for your arrival date or departure date, I would say sure go with the cab service at 40-50 dollars each way. I am not usually under any pressure to make it anywhere so the time thing isnt a problem for me. As far as dealing with my luggage, I LOVE the idea of DME doing it. Last trip I came in got on myy shuttle ran off to AK for E:E, did a bunch of other stuff and when we got back to our room there was our bags with no assistance from me or my party!!! I can deal with that rather nicely!!!!!!! Belle
We have done DME as well and have had no problems either, the drivers are professionals and very polite. By the way Belle, how was EE?

wannabeBelle

Craig & Lisa said:
We have done DME as well and have had no problems either, the drivers are professionals and very polite. By the way Belle, how was EE?
In a word?? AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely worth the effort!!!!! Belle

Trizz41999

Well if thats what she said then i guess thats whats going to happen. I dont like MAgical Express, it took too long to get my stuff back!! It was 11PM until our luggage arrived. Not cool... LOL

steviej

Trizz41999 said:
I dont like MAgical Express, it took too long to get my stuff back!! It was 11PM until our luggage arrived. Not cool... LOL

Thats surprising, because since me and the bus on dcl is all ran through disney, im assuming. When i was on the cruise, we had our luggage back in a matter of a few hours.

wannabeBelle

I have used the service 4 times since its inception last year. Each time I had no issues at all!!! In one case, in December, the bag literally beat us to the room!!! I am still amazed as to how that happened!!!! I will tell you what I tell my clients, when you book DME pack a carry on to take with you onto the plane. This should have any valuable items such as money, credit cards, travelers checks, jewelry, videocameras, regular cameras, etc. In addition pack all prescriptions that will be needed, glasses, a change of clothes for the warmer climate, sunblock if needed, swimsuit if desired, etc. Basically anything you think you will need for the first 2 -3 hours of your trip. This will give the DME folks ample time to get your bags together and get them to you. If you are really uncomfortable with the idea of not having your bags, you can still take advantage of DME service, Simply DONT tag your bags with the yellow barcoded tag provided to you. After your flight, go to the Baggage claim area for your airline, procure all of your bags, then proceed to the DME area and your luggage will be placed under the coach you are in for transport to your resort with you. Either way, a fabulous service which I highly recommend!! Belle

hansel1

I booked a king room at POR for january '07 and was told the rates for the room and tickets would be out later this year.

I would imagine disney would decide on charging a fee for DME by the time rates and ticket prices come out for 2007.

I seem to recall the same thing occuring when I booked my Jan '06 trip in march of '05. You could hold your room with a deposit, but could not fully book anything until the rates came out, then at that time you could book everything including DME.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom