Magical Express arrival

deemcb

So we are having to take a late flight and we don't land until 5:30 or so. It has been 10 years since we were at Disney and I have no idea how long it takes to get to the resorts on the Magical Express shuttle. Anyone know this? We will be staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins and we are trying to figure out what we will have time to do when we get there.

Bug715

Leaving in 9 days and using magical express.
Just a question, all you need on your bag is the yellow ME tags and they will take care of getting your luggage to your resort for you? So we skip baggage claim?

If we wanted to pick up our bags at baggage claim, do we not put the tags on at all?

I am a little nervous about letting them handle it, although it seems most of you have had good experiences.
I have never booked a trip or done this before on my own, so I am very nervous that I will do something wrong.

If you put the yellow tags on your bags they will be delivered to your room at your resort so you don't go to baggage claim. So that also means that if you want to pick them up don't put the tags on them because you will be standing there and looking for your bags as they are on the way to the resort.

I have used Magical Express three times and have friends & family members who have used it as well and haven't had problems. Last time I went down I didn't recieve my papers about it but had no problem getting checked in and getting my bag delivered.

On my upcoming trip my friend is picking up her bag since she, like you, is a little leary about it but I like being able to jump on the bus and hitting the park then coming back and having my bag waiting for me. I make sure that I have a change of clothes and things I'll need for the rest of that day in my carry on but really even if you are getting your bag before you get on magical express I've learned from a friend's family's problems flying that you should always do that.

Upvote 0

VT GAL

Sort of off topic question...

I leave Thursday and I haven't received my ME information. I am not checking a bag, but I have no clue what to do since this is my first time using it and I'll be by myself.

Sorry for the drift in topic, but I am just a little nervous.

Thanks! Shelley

Upvote 0

Bug715

I leave Thursday and I haven't received my ME information. I am not checking a bag, but I have no clue what to do since this is my first time using it and I'll be by myself.

Thanks! Shelley

It'll be fine. Just go to the side B and go to the ME check in. They will ask your name and I was told that they would need my luggage claim paper but I don't think they took it. They also asked me to look at a sheet of laminated paper to describe the shape of my bag and i had to tell what color and such. It was in my room within a few hours!

Upvote 0

yankspy

Thanks! Shelley
I would call Disney. You should have received something by now. I am sure you will be able to get on< I am just saying that it would be in your best interest if you were assured that you had a reservation with DME.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi all, I feel this post bears reposting!!!
Hey there all, I go to Disney a lot and book many many people for the DME service. I will absolutely tell you I have NEVER had an issue with it. Not one time out of the past few years at approximately 4-5 times a year!!!! That having been said I specifically advise all my clients and have said it repeatedly on these boards, DONT EVER PACK ANYTHING OF VALUE OR NOT EASILY REPLACED IN YOUR CHECKED LUGGAGE. Cameras, videocameras, prescriptions, glasses, jewelery, money, traveler's checks, money etc. Should ALWAYS be kept on your person. Many, many hands are on and possibly in your bags that are checked from the deposit with the airline at your check in until they show up in your room, not limited to but potentially including the bag handler who took your bag at your home airport, any inspectors, the bag people who took your bag off the plane in Orlando, the person who loaded it for transport to your resort, and the luggage person who got it to your room. With that many people having access to my bag, I think Ill keep my valuables with me in a carry on!!!! So far luckily I havent had anything go missing, but I also havent allowed the situation to potentially happen either!!! Also if you packed your video camera in your checked luggage, I would be VERY worried as to how well that was being handled and if it would be broken by the time I got it back!!! Belle

Upvote 0

cameronmouse

we love using ME, we havent had any problems and it usually takes a little under 2 hours to get off the plane and to your hotel. I dont feel it makes you a "prisoner" of disney, for the simple reason that the reason you're in florida on your vacation is to be in wdw.

Upvote 0

mauradee2003

I never use Magical Express. My family finds it easier to take a towncar (Thanks Happy Limo!) and use the grocery stop for water, snacks, etc. for our stay.

That being said, I still have a Magical Express story. Last year, while staying at POP, we returned to our room at about 11 PM to find EIGHT SUITCASES (NOT ours) plopped in the middle of the room!

I called Bell Services and they seemed very confused by this and repeatedly asked me if I was SURE that these weren't MY suitcases. As I had been already checked in for 3 days, I assured them that they weren't mine. (They then realized how funny it was to ask me this and we all had a laugh!) I was assured that they would be up to take them out of our room.

After 2 hours (1 AM and a few more calls to Bell Services and the front desk), I was still waiting and wondering who these poor people were who were missing their luggage. At 1:30, I called again and threatened to claim them as my own and keep them forever if someone wasn't up there in 10 minutes! Bell Services arrived soon after.

Eight suitcases, all without locks, in a stranger's room. Good thing most Disney guests are honest! :animwink:

No matter what you decide, have a Magical Trip!

Upvote 0
I loved taking ME my last trip. The only gripe I had about it was that I walked off with a giant headache. The driver liked to honk the horn in sync with the "M..I...C..K..E..Y MO...U..SE" song. :brick:

Upvote 0
:sohappy:We have used ME several times. It may not be perfect but it is offered as a amennity for staying on site. It would cost about $50.00 to use another service. We have always taken the small lapses of any of Disneys transportation services in stride. It is wonderful that they provide it at all. Last time we landed at 5:00 and we were at Pop by 6:05 and at the park by 7:00. :lol:

Upvote 0

dazzer68

didnt have aproblem they were gereat.flew in to mco from london, claimed my luggage, and then we put everything (!) through the hole in the wall! we didnt know what this whole in the wall was , we thought it was xray and expected it to come out the other side! but it didnt! my video camera went through with no label on it, no address, anything! we got to our hotel room (all satars movies) and our stuff arrived eventually but no camera, i went to the checkin desk they phoned the airport, and my camera was given to someone in authority at the airport and they had it there,(in fact it was looked in a room , and i couldnt have it till the morning as the person had gone home with the keys! got it delivered to my room the next day.marvellous. so next time i will tag everything and olny put my luggage through!.but dme is brilliant.the trip really gets you in the disney mood, with the videos of cartoons and stuff playing.
ps if you arrive late , we go to downtown disney have a meal, bit of shopping and to bed ready for a new day at a park. depends on what tickets you have. weather you can waste a day admission on a few hoursin the evening?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom