MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

GiveMeTheMusic

A Jungle Book E ticket for Adventureland and a Duckburg expansion of WDS should be no-brainers. DLRP has a very hard time attracting the German market and they seem to be flummoxed about it. All they'd need to do is add quality expansions that address Germany's favorite IPs.

BrianLo

A photo has been released of Jonny Depp posing with one of the new Jack Sparrow animatronics in the Paris POTC. The ride re-opens July 24th.

18740703_1429613800415753_6809168852753109646_n.jpg

Personally, I don't think this one looks right? Sure the other parks that got these animatronics looked a lot more like Depp. I'm still excited to see the other additions though.

I think they purposely went with an AA that blended better with PoTC. Instead of the hyper realistic looking Jack Sparrow a lot of the other parks instituted, that make the "old" AA's stand out more. Artistically this belongs more in the attraction.

Stevie Amsterdam

How about a Moana ride ala Splash Mountain in Adventureland?
I'm not sure if that would work for me. Moana is so much ocean based that I wonder if a 'mountain' makes it a bit out of place? Having that said, another part of the movie is set on the island so maybe a ride system like PotC would be a better fit?

Definitely in Adventureland though!

croboy82

anyone dreaming of DPL ever getting a soarin kind of ride can wake up now since german's Europapark just opened their very similiar ride called "Voletarium".

i really don't understand why Paris never opened Soarin' but I guess it was about the money.

felipenor

I'll add my vote to Jungle Book. It would easily provide aspects of Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise that are missing from DLP.
I've always wondered why Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain are not in DLP. I assume Splash Mountain was due to weather, but what about JC?

When you factor in that Disneyland Paris opened without Space Mountain, ToonTown, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain, wasn't it odd at the time that DLP lacked most of the park's main attractions?

FigmentForver96

I've always wondered why Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain are not in DLP. I assume Splash Mountain was due to weather, but what about JC?

When you factor in that Disneyland Paris opened without Space Mountain, ToonTown, Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain, wasn't it odd at the time that DLP lacked most of the park's main attractions?
Disneyland Paris was the first to take the basic formula and enhanced it to be something truly special. Took the castle park layout and completely revamped it. Space Mountain became its own version, more intense and brand new in storytelling and theme. In fact, all of Tomorrowland was new and different in that t featured unique and new experiences. Thunder Mountain sat on an island in the middle of a river and haunted mansion was given an entire new story. Rides like Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise are great but at some point they needed to stop copying and pasting and creating something new. It worked and made a truly remarkable park.

felipenor

Disneyland Paris was the first to take the basic formula and enhanced it to be something truly special. Took the castle park layout and completely revamped it. Space Mountain became its own version, more intense and brand new in storytelling and theme. In fact, all of Tomorrowland was new and different in that t featured unique and new experiences. Thunder Mountain sat on an island in the middle of a river and haunted mansion was given an entire new story. Rides like Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise are great but at some point they needed to stop copying and pasting and creating something new. It worked and made a truly remarkable park.
DLP does look stunning, and is in my opinion way prettier than its American counterparts. I was surprised by the omission of some rides though. Space Mountain, as great as it is, wasn't there when the park opened either. Neither was Nautilus (Although I don't know if they replaced something else or were new additions completely).
I do agree with the copying and pasting thing, which seems like what they've done in Shanghai recently, but it seems to me that DLP didnt copy the rides but didn't create new rides either. If we're talking about park opening there were some 10 rides from other castle parks that were not present in DLP. What new rides were created to replace them?
It seems to me a lot more emphasis was put on placemaking (which I love) rather than rides, and I understand that turned many people off back then, leading to millions being poured on Space Mountain and quick additions like Indy. Is that accurate?

clemmo

Anyone know how long all of the 25th celebrations are going? We're thinking about going for a few days next year and would love to see some of it. Also can someone explain what villages nature is? It seems like a very unique experience but I can't really tell what it is.

Last edited:

No Name

Anyone know how long all of the 25th celebrations are going? We're thinking about going for a few days next year and would love to see some of it. Also can someone explain what villages nature is? It seems like a very unique experience but I can't really tell what it is.

It's a woodsy getaway resort run by a company called Center Parcs. They have 25 or so of these resorts, and while each one is different, they all follow the same general formula. A small waterpark, pools, other ammenties, some entertainment, and lots and lots of activities. Here is their website: http://www.centerparcs.com

Have you ever been on a Disney cruise (or any cruise)? I like to think of it as a cruise on land.

Disney is just partial owner in this one. What that means for the resort, I don't know. Maybe a little bit of Disney stuff here and there, maybe nothing at all.

peep

I'm hoping there aren't many/any changes. I really love Blue Lagoon, if it becomes character dining I'll be angry (it's the worst and Blue Lagoon is a nice tranquil location to chill with some decent food, not be bothered while you're eating by a drunk pirate).

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of new dishes on the menu though, I've eaten there so many times I'm a little bored with the dish I always end up getting (fussy eater so limited options). Although if they touch the incredible coconut mousse that'll be a disaster.

Donald Dutch

The details of this year's Halloween Season have been announced. Unfortunately, due to the 25th Anniversary celebrations, the Mickey's Halloween Harvest Celebration cavalcade will not be performed. The same goes for the It's Good To Be Bad with Disney Villains show on Castle Stage. Instead, a 'tricycle' parade will be performed on Main Street.
Want to meet the Disney Villains you love to hate? The Disneyland Park will delight you with an all-new, previously unseen parade: Mickey’s Halloween Tricycle Gang. Happening every day on Main Street, U.S.A, Disney Villains and many other Disney Characters will entice you along the Halloween spirits’ route, perched on their quirky tricycles.

New this year is Goofy’s Skeletoon Street Party in Frontierland with José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles from The Three Caballeros
Who said October was just for fright? Imagine a colourful skeleton party that’s full of fun. That’s exactly what Goofy wanted to create for the new season. This year, dressed up all in bones, he’ll set the tempo at Frontierland with his troupe. They will invite you to party with them in a setting where you will find yourself face to face with colourful and funny skeletons.

We’re also pleased to announce the arrival of two friends who we rarely see at Disneyland Paris: José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, Donald’s sidekicks in the film The Three Caballeros.

Mickey and Minnie will return to Frontierland for their seasonal meet and greet. Daisy's Costume Corner will also be moved to Frontierland. Last but not least, the Villains meet and greets will return to Fantasyland with the Witch, Queen of Hearts and Maleficent and her brambles in Castle Courtyard.

UpAllNight

It's time they gave these 2 parks some attention now they've been bought out, beyond refurbs that should have been scheduled maintenance.

Disneyland Park hasn't had an expansion of note in decades, and WDS remains a mess, despite some good attractions. I'm hoping they don't cut and paste what's good in America...I like the idea of wanting to visit each resort.

Stevie Amsterdam

It's time they gave these 2 parks some attention now they've been bought out, beyond refurbs that should have been scheduled maintenance.

Disneyland Park hasn't had an expansion of note in decades, and WDS remains a mess, despite some good attractions. I'm hoping they don't cut and paste what's good in America...I like the idea of wanting to visit each resort.
What would you like to see, specifically?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom