MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

nickys

Premium Member
Who has a window in Paris anyway? I know there's a list of both MK and DL, but finding one for international parks (or the occasional window at other domestic Disney parks) is iffy.
I found this site which looks promising, not sure if there is a complete list.

Wiki has a list but it’s alphabetical not by park. And I doubt it lists the character windows (but could be wrong on that).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Who has a window in Paris anyway? I know there's a list of both MK and DL, but finding one for international parks (or the occasional window at other domestic Disney parks) is iffy.
Tonnes of them. Pretty much who you’d expect plus some more specific to the resort. Someone should do a book! Quite a few are quite witty too.

Absimilliard

I now understand why Disney is looking at increasing investments in Disneyland Paris, as Parc Asterix (the main local competitor) will invest hundreds of millions of euros in their resort in the next 10 years. This weekend, an environmental study for Parc Asterix future investments and replacements was published and here is the result, translated by me from the great work Dimension Parcs did on X. Dimension Parcs X .

- Late 2024-early 2025: The "Rues de Paris" Paris streets are starting to get removed. The medieval covered area, the plaza in between the two covered area, the old Paris covered area and the carousel in that area are all getting torn down.

- 2025: Its not in the study, but a concept art showing a Gerstlauer spinning coaster appeared on the construction walls surrounding the old Nationale 7 car ride site.

- Late 2025: Main Basse sur la Joconde (world's best stunt show, with Waterworld as its only rival) and two permanent haunted houses will get torn down.

- 2026: New Zamperla Windstarz, new family freefalls (12 meters tall), water play area and a permanent halloween haunt coming to the greek area in 2026. They are also building a new 400 seats sitdown table service restaurant and a massive 300 rooms hotel will open late 2026 behind the soon to be fully removed Rue de Paris.

- 2027: Start of the new London area that's replacing the Paris streets. First new attraction to open there will a new Alterface Action League interactive ride.

- 2028: Completion of the London Area with the headliner attraction: indoor Intamin Multi-Dimensional coaster with a freefall track and similar things with Uncharted at Port Aventura. Joining that massive ride is a 1000 seats theater, 3 kiddie rides, 2 permanent haunts, restaurants and stores. It will all be covered as the park hopes to open that area during christmas and as close as possible to year-round. To that end, a new "show restaurant" will be built in the hotel zone behind the parks in 2028 as well. - Not detailed, but within a 2030-2034 horizon: replacement of the Viking Area (goodbye Goudurix!), new massive hotel in that area and other new attractions.

The large Intamin coaster which is based on the Escape from Gringotts ride system is a class of ride Disneyland Paris doesn't have and if Asterix does the theming well, will be better than any addition to DLP since Tower of Terror. They will need to respond.

rickreptile

Well don't forget about Efteling and Europapark, both parks want to increase their visitor count and Efteling recieved the greenlight awhile ago to expand big time, Efteling wants to grow to 7 million visitors a year(with this year an impressive themed new ride system and a brand new hotel next year), the growth of the dutch people is out so they need international visitors to reach the 7 million milestone and let's not forget a potential universal park coming to Europe. Competition is there for the international market and while these parks continue growing DLP did nothing for years and even now despite investments DLP is still taking it slow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I found this site which looks promising, not sure if there is a complete list.

Wiki has a list but it’s alphabetical not by park. And I doubt it lists the character windows (but could be wrong on that).

As if by magic a fantastic new digital - and free - book just became available. All about the past and present of the Parisian Main Street USA. And one chapter is all about the windows:

Well worth a read.

The Empress Lilly

I now understand why Disney is looking at increasing investments in Disneyland Paris, as Parc Asterix (the main local competitor) will invest hundreds of millions of euros in their resort in the next 10 years. This weekend, an environmental study for Parc Asterix future investments and replacements was published and here is the result, translated by me from the great work Dimension Parcs did on X. Dimension Parcs X .

- Late 2024-early 2025: The "Rues de Paris" Paris streets are starting to get removed. The medieval covered area, the plaza in between the two covered area, the old Paris covered area and the carousel in that area are all getting torn down.

- 2025: Its not in the study, but a concept art showing a Gerstlauer spinning coaster appeared on the construction walls surrounding the old Nationale 7 car ride site.

- Late 2025: Main Basse sur la Joconde (world's best stunt show, with Waterworld as its only rival) and two permanent haunted houses will get torn down.

- 2026: New Zamperla Windstarz, new family freefalls (12 meters tall), water play area and a permanent halloween haunt coming to the greek area in 2026. They are also building a new 400 seats sitdown table service restaurant and a massive 300 rooms hotel will open late 2026 behind the soon to be fully removed Rue de Paris.

- 2027: Start of the new London area that's replacing the Paris streets. First new attraction to open there will a new Alterface Action League interactive ride.

- 2028: Completion of the London Area with the headliner attraction: indoor Intamin Multi-Dimensional coaster with a freefall track and similar things with Uncharted at Port Aventura. Joining that massive ride is a 1000 seats theater, 3 kiddie rides, 2 permanent haunts, restaurants and stores. It will all be covered as the park hopes to open that area during christmas and as close as possible to year-round. To that end, a new "show restaurant" will be built in the hotel zone behind the parks in 2028 as well. - Not detailed, but within a 2030-2034 horizon: replacement of the Viking Area (goodbye Goudurix!), new massive hotel in that area and other new attractions.

The large Intamin coaster which is based on the Escape from Gringotts ride system is a class of ride Disneyland Paris doesn't have and if Asterix does the theming well, will be better than any addition to DLP since Tower of Terror. They will need to respond.
That whole Nationale 7 and à travers le temps area were so charming. I loved it there. :'(

Best stunt show anywhere indeed. Indiana Jones at DHS should take some notes. You can tell a whole movie-worthy story with a stunt show.

I love coasters, but does Asterix really need 468 of them? Plus, they tend to attract the local racaille, which is really plaguing that park.

jrhwdw

Potentially a non pyro Illuminations followed by a full Dreams show.
While that sounds nice, does DLP really have time for Illuminations, ESP and Dreams in Summer??? Wasn't Fanti killed because it was hard to get it in along with Fireworks by 11PM when the Sun sets so late????

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While that sounds nice, does DLP really have time for Illuminations, ESP and Dreams in Summer??? Wasn't Fanti killed because it was hard to get it in along with Fireworks by 11PM when the Sun sets so late????
That’s why the first show would be pyro-less. Was just something I heard mentioned. Having seen Fantillusion at the height of summer I’m sceptical.

jrhwdw

That’s why the first show would be pyro-less. Was just something I heard mentioned. Having seen Fantillusion at the height of summer I’m sceptical.
Yeah, how dark does it need to be for Castle Projections?

If DLP can only do 1 Show, replacing Dreams for Illuminations would be a step Backwards..........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom