MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

DCBaker

Premium Member
Concept art for a Frozen-themed room in the Disneyland Hotel -

iur328ruyo6187lyiru3ygo8l1yi3fewdcs.jpg

peep

No more mickey any the magician??? ;-(

They said the new show was going into the Studio Theatre - which I think is the one they did up for Marvel. However to me that artwork looks like it'll be taking over Mickey and Magician. I'm hoping M&tM is safe, one of the best Disney shows out there.

cjkeating

They said the new show was going into the Studio Theatre - which I think is the one they did up for Marvel. However to me that artwork looks like it'll be taking over Mickey and Magician. I'm hoping M&tM is safe, one of the best Disney shows out there.
I assume he said “Studio Theatre” to put minds at rest. It would be a very odd move to replace MATM when Studio Theatre is just sat there empty.

Indy_UK

They should move it next door

IMDREW

Its got to replace MatM. Putting it on the other side of the park makes no sense with this whole Worlds of Pixar thing theyve got going on.

If its going next to avengers campus you can forget any thoughts of future coherency for the lands of this park.

cjkeating

They should move it next door

Its got to replace MatM. Putting it on the other side of the park makes no sense with this whole Worlds of Pixar thing theyve got going on.

If its going next to avengers campus you can forget any thoughts of future coherency for the lands of this park.

MATM is a top rated show with a purpose built stage. Studio Theatre has adaptable state of the art show equipment and is sat empty. There is no chance MATM is moving and Studio Theatre needs a theatre show whilst the park needs extra capacity for next year.

Studio Theatre is close but not "next to" Avengers Campus so it doesn't cause a thematic issue in that regard.

I see this as a nice win for WDSP as we wait for the lake area to open next.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Studio Theatre is where the Marvel show was - which would be out of place being adjacent to but outside of Avengers Land. But yes, bet they’d never gone for the lame World of Pixar area name now.

The Marvel show was technically clever but very messy and didn’t translate well to a stage show. The lock down closed it and it never recovered.

duder

I've just looked at dining availability for my November trip and they are doing bookings until 1715 on weekdays (likely a 1800 close) and 2015 at the weekend at Bistro Chez Remy. Walt's is 1130-1530 every day.
Remy dinner availability popped for our December trip, so I was able to grab that. Will grab a late lunch at Walts the next day. We know not to expect world class cuisine, but Im excited to check out the theming of both of these. We did Captain Jacks a few years ago and while the food was 'fine' we really enjoyed the atmosphere.

87 days. Cant wait to check out Christmas in Paris

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Remy dinner availability popped for our December trip, so I was able to grab that. Will grab a late lunch at Walts the next day. We know not to expect world class cuisine, but Im excited to check out the theming of both of these. We did Captain Jacks a few years ago and while the food was 'fine' we really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Theming in both is superb. Make sure you check out all the room in Walt’s. The food isn’t bad either!

Christmas season at DLP was wonderful last year. Even better this year.

cjkeating

I hope you have a great time.

Personally I have never had a bad meal at Chef de Remy but I feel like reviews are 50:50. It's a great theme but expect slow (French) service.

Walt's I will be back in November after a trip earlier in the year for some great if weird and uniquely presented food in a great setting.

LondonTom

Good to see them taking Technology seriously, DLP always feels a few steps behind the US parks with use of Digital Tech.
Can you help explain why you would like Magicband+ to come to Disneyland Paris? At WDW I've seen no disadvantage to going back to using a KTTW card since Magicbands are no longer free?
They make cool collectables 👀👀

gerarar

Premium Member
Hope this means the DLP app can be better integrated. Booking mobile orders and shows through an in-app browser is bad, especially since you have to reenter all your information again. At least the premier access/ex-fastpass stuff is done all in-app. Then confirmations for the mobile orders and shows are sent via email and have to show the downloaded PDF.

Just a messy process overall that I experienced during my visit that could be better, at least on the tech side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom