MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I mean last year they were still dealing with Covid restrictions. If we’re comparing to before Covid they’re missing Big Band, the outdoor studios show and a castle stage show.
I wonder if it’s feasible to do the Dazzling Christmas Parade plus a stage show logistics, time snd crowd control wise. Perhaps the hub element of the parade is considered a stage show (albeit not on the castle stage)

cjkeating

Christmas seems rather light compared to previous years. Dreams of Christmas is a welcome surprise however.
Whilst not Christmas remember Mickey and the Magician is remaining throughout in place of Mickey's Big Band.

Also I can't quite remember where we were with entertainment returning this time last year (I know no Disney Stars on Parade of Mickey and the Magician) but DLP is jam packed with shows/parades right now (and not to forget the Avengers Campus offerings) and with recruitment difficulties continuing it is easier as post-pandemic recovery continues to carry over the reopening entertainment than close it down and start a new show.

And whilst I don't know the plans for 2023 I have to imagine they will go big with Halloween/Christmas next year as the 30th will have just ended before leading into a refreshed spring/summer line up for 2024 before Frozen in 2025.

duder

Finally booked our first post-covid return to Europe for December, starting off the trip with two nights at the Sequoia Lodge. We did our first/only visit to DLP back in 2019, and while we enjoyed it, we felt a bit disjointed just doing a day trip in from Paris (and Phantom Manor was closed), so we want to do it proper this time.

Really looking forward to seeing the park during Christmas. We have been to WDW, DL, and Tokyo during christmas and I'm interested to see how it stacks up. Currently, Tokyo is my favorite park at Christmas, but that is not surprising since it does pretty much everything better.

How long does the 30th celebration last? Will the drone show still be happening?

I will say im surprised that restaurant bookings are already gone, couldnt get dinner at Remy's or Walts during our stay, plenty of lunch slots available but no dinner times. I didnt anticipate re. servations being open 100+ days out, hopefully something opens up between now and then.

We are going to be there Dec 10-12, hoping crowd levels wont be too high even though its a weekend, but I cant wait to go back.

Stevie Amsterdam

How long does the 30th celebration last? Will the drone show still be happening?
The celebration started this year (late March / beginning of April iirc) so you should be fine in December. The drones should go up, however, depending on the weather the show might get cancelled. This is Paris and the weather in December can be rough.

Make sure to visit Agrabah Cafe. Buffet style, all you care to eat, very reasonably priced and great food options.

Have fun!

cjkeating

I will say im surprised that restaurant bookings are already gone, couldnt get dinner at Remy's or Walts during our stay, plenty of lunch slots available but no dinner times. I didnt anticipate re. servations being open 100+ days out, hopefully something opens up between now and then.
Walt's has only had a lunch service since it reopened. Chances are in December when the WDSP hours are shorter Remy's won't have an evening dinner service either but that could be added closer to the time.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Was there any truth to that Nightmare Before Christmas Phantom Manor overlay? Or was that just a made up rumour?
I remember reading it on a DLP rumors fansite, but I'm taking that with a mineful of salt instead of the standard truckload.

The reason HMH works in the Mansions is that the original ride storyline has some breathing room for another layer of storytelling to take place alongside it. With the Manor's very specific storyline (try as they might to "Mansion-fy" it with Melanie Hatchaway and her newer company of fluorescent green ghosts), a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay for PM will come across as forced. Unless, of course, they manage to develop a clever and unforced framing device/story that can coexist with the Manor's basic ride storyline to allow the NBC characters to enter PM for the holidays...

And no, a retelling of the Phantom Manor story as some sort of immersive and twisted Christmas pageant/cantata by the Halloween Town residents does not count as a "clever and unforced framing device/story".

jrhwdw

Stars on Parade remains throughout Halloween/Christmas.

There will also be a short Dream and Shine Brighter cavalcade during the day.

It's going to be a very busy Main Street to end the year.
I know Dream and Shine wasn't planned for rest of the year? Was a Cavalcade planned? Guest demand maybe?

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Walt's has only had a lunch service since it reopened. Chances are in December when the WDSP hours are shorter Remy's won't have an evening dinner service either but that could be added closer to the time.
I have a vague memory of doing Remy's for dinner once when WDSP had shorter hours and they walked you out of the park at the end of dinner. At that point, they were taking reservations pretty close up to closing time.

wdrive

Whilst not Christmas remember Mickey and the Magician is remaining throughout in place of Mickey's Big Band.

Also I can't quite remember where we were with entertainment returning this time last year (I know no Disney Stars on Parade of Mickey and the Magician) but DLP is jam packed with shows/parades right now (and not to forget the Avengers Campus offerings) and with recruitment difficulties continuing it is easier as post-pandemic recovery continues to carry over the reopening entertainment than close it down and start a new show.

And whilst I don't know the plans for 2023 I have to imagine they will go big with Halloween/Christmas next year as the 30th will have just ended before leading into a refreshed spring/summer line up for 2024 before Frozen in 2025.

Oh absolutely, Paris’ seasonal line up still easily surpasses either US parks’ and it’s all included in standard admission. I’m just saying it wasn’t too long ago we had a Christmas show in both Studio theaters and the outdoor stage and castle stage. It’s a shame to lose all of them but the resorts entertainment lineup is second only to perhaps Tokyo. (If they’ve even brought everything back?)

cjkeating

I have a vague memory of doing Remy's for dinner once when WDSP had shorter hours and they walked you out of the park at the end of dinner. At that point, they were taking reservations pretty close up to closing time.
I've just looked at dining availability for my November trip and they are doing bookings until 1715 on weekdays (likely a 1800 close) and 2015 at the weekend at Bistro Chez Remy. Walt's is 1130-1530 every day.

cjkeating

Oh absolutely, Paris’ seasonal line up still easily surpasses either US parks’ and it’s all included in standard admission. I’m just saying it wasn’t too long ago we had a Christmas show in both Studio theaters and the outdoor stage and castle stage. It’s a shame to lose all of them but the resorts entertainment lineup is second only to perhaps Tokyo. (If they’ve even brought everything back?)
I agree. I was a huge fan of the two stage shows so they are big misses for me this year however all being we'll see at least two additional Christmas offerings next year.

I think the positive is that none of these missing Christmas offerings are financial cuts as you can see where the money for Big Band, Surprise Mickey, Merry Stitchmas has been reallocated to alternative offerings (30th or extension of core shows etc.) that weren't there for the 2019 Christmas season.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Concept art for the new stage show "Pixar: We Belong Together" -

FcZEqnGXkAEUqd2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom