MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

G.L.A.D.I.O

For comparison TDS has 6 flat rides and DCA, 8.

And it's worth noting that the Flying carpets ride is an endangered species now...

Three configurations were taken into account during the creation process from what I've heard:

*The first one consisted in the building of the Lake restaurant/lounge+Tiana's restaurant + Rapunzel spinning ride+ another flat ride

*Then a mini mini area based on the little mermaid was considered along side the restaurant/lounge+ Rapunzel spinning ride

*And now they're planning apparently 3 spinning rides+ the restaurant/lounge + small expansion plots for potential dark rides

Rapunzel, Mary Poppins, Tinkerbell, Tiana and The Little Mermaid as the more recurring IPs in this specific project named unsurprisingly "Firefly", since those characters reflects their future environment's duality : the shimmering water of the Lake and the illuminated gardens that will shine through the night.

LondonTom

Oh if we got a mini Princess and the Frog mini land with a Tiana's Place, that would be pretty cool!

And as a quick fix working within the budget they clearly have, a few more flatrides to divide the crowds a bit more and give something else to do in the park isn't a bad idea.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Oh if we got a mini Princess and the Frog mini land with a Tiana's Place, that would be pretty cool!

And as a quick fix working within the budget they clearly have, a few more flatrides to divide the crowds a bit more and give something else to do in the park isn't a bad idea.
I hope they'll consider New Orleans Square that's anchored around PATF for a future expansion to represent that hand-drawn era of WDAS. Retrofit the blueprints for the Splash Mountain PATF retheme into NOS Pirates and have guests exit by the docks near a Tiana's Palace restaurant.

I wonder if more are in the works for Phase 2? Aside from the lake expansions and Avengers Campus, the garden boulevard and the flat rides seem to be temporary solutions to meet guest capacity.

Sir_Cliff

I always find DLP rumours hard to interpret as they are often very random. Is there much to back up this one about the gardens, flat rides, and IPs?

The IPs in particular seem odd fits for the studios to me. Almost everything mentioned seems to fit better in Disneyland Parc including a whole PatF mini-area, which in itself seems an odd choice as it's not a particularly recent film and I don't think the film was all that popular in Europe. Things like Tinkerbell and Mary Poppins seem like even weirder fits. I guess Mary Poppins Returns is a recent film which they could do something with?

EDIT: Actually, a Mary Poppins gardens could be a decent area, now that I think about it. Considering you have the two films and mix of animation and live action, you could frame it as a celebration of one of Walt Disney Studios' biggest achievements. Also a particularly popular IP with UK visitors.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I always find DLP rumours hard to interpret as they are often very random. Is there much to back up this one about the gardens, flat rides, and IPs?

The IPs in particular seem odd fits for the studios to me. Almost everything mentioned seems to fit better in Disneyland Parc including a whole PatF mini-area, which in itself seems an odd choice as it's not a particularly recent film and I don't think the film was all that popular in Europe. Things like Tinkerbell and Mary Poppins seem like even weirder fits. I guess Mary Poppins Returns is a recent film which they could do something with?
The Tuileries-inspired garden boulevard that will be the new thoroughfare to the new lake area was announced by Tom Fitzgerald in a Disney FanDaze panel back in 2018, so it's pretty much confirmed. See below at 24:35:

Yeah, you're right, almost every rumored IP choice fits within Disneyland Park: Mary Poppins in Fantasyland could further continue the English/UK theming of Upper Fantasyland (excluding the canal boats), Princess and the Frog in the same area could bring more Americana to the European-heavy land and correspond to Disney's Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, Pandora in Adventureland could bring more exotic (alien) locations to the land, etc. But, it is obvious they're trying to fix the glaring problems of the Studios first before turning their attention to Disneyland Park (though that hasn't stopped them before with the rehaunting of Phantom Manor and the various reimaginings of Space Mountain). The second gate was underbuilt and cheaply made, so it needs more help than the practically-perfect first gate.

While the IP rumor choices seem random, I think that once you start reading between the lines of what Disney has announced so far about the expansion and understanding the current WDI and TWDC trends, the rumors kinda make sense. Everything they've announced so far reflects what current WDI wants to do (small, isolated, immersive lands) and what current TWDC wants to do (portfolio showcase). Arendelle represents CGI-era Walt Disney Animation, Star Wars Land (if it is still pushing through) represents Lucasfilm, Avengers Campus represents Marvel, and Worlds of Pixar represents, well, Pixar. A Princess and the Frog mini-land could represent the hand-drawn era of Walt Disney Animation and again, corresponds to Disney's Diversity and Inclusion initiatives. A Mary Poppins mini-land could represent the (few) live-action successes of Walt Disney Productions/Pictures and brings more Europeana to the very American WDSP. A Pandora (rumored to be in the running for Phase 1 even) represents 20th Century Fox and brings an exotic, alien location to a very urban WDSP.

G.L.A.D.I.O

Even though Tiana's is probably not coming it's always nice to know that we had a pseudo confirmation of this project at 2:52

part_014.jpg

captur16.jpg

drbxec10.jpg

(Purple circle)

Plus they wanted apparently to build a static steamboat (in red ⬇️) nearby similar in idea to the one over in DHS echo lake
20220212_210835.jpg

Last edited:

SplashJacket

The theatre is one of the thorns in the side of the park going forwards. Can’t do a stunt show anymore. Can’t hide it. Won’t demolish it. It’s possibly too big for anything more intimate.

Now reworking into an Avengers stunt arena and getting something more suitable (and better) in the Cinemagique theatre would be worth doing perhaps. If the arena is staying indefinitely.
Why can't they do a stunt show anymore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom