MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The character queues in Paris are so big that character dining is the only way to do it really so i recommend going for that as it solves queuing for both food and characters later!
Not at the moment - last September the selfie spots were plentiful and the characters were often just waiting for someone to ask for a photo.

You don’t often see Goofy walking around the NPB lobby bored or Mickey just stood there waiting for someone. Donald was in town square waving at me to come take a photo with him. We don’t usually do character photos but came back with lots since it was so quick and easy.

Given the current lack of buffets we found how they handled breakfast and Plaza Gardens very very well done.

Jordan dby

Interesting... but I assume a lot of that was reduced capacity, fewer foreign tourists and Disney making up for lack of entertainment etc. Post covid i have to assume it will go back to before.

I remember at DLP my daughter's wanted to queue up to meet Jasmine. We got there half hour before the slot and queued 1 hour and a half. Ridiculous. There are plenty of characters at DLP it just seems that more people want to do that than rides compared with the US parks. In California and Florida characters only seem to have a few people in a line.

Might also be that having a photo is much quicker than a hug, chat and signature. The DLP characters are great for their time and patience (and multi lingual!) but it must make the queue long.

LondonTom

I remember at DLP my daughter's wanted to queue up to meet Jasmine. We got there half hour before the slot and queued 1 hour and a half. Ridiculous. There are plenty of characters at DLP it just seems that more people want to do that than rides compared with the US parks. In California and Florida characters only seem to have a few people in a line.
In fairness, it doesn't have too many rides 😂 , especially if you have been a few times (and the APs are relatively good value, especially the lower level ones). With the old M&Gs, the characters seemed to go away fairly early in the day too (a little bit before the parade usually?) and wouldn't be out 10. Though if you get lucky, they do seem to have a few fair random/unscheduled meets too (make sure to follow DLP fan social media pages, as they always seem to have this info!).

There never seems to be that many people in the queues either, but they always seem to take a while...maybe you get more interaction time? (Not that I ever thought I was rushed out in California so not sure)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting... but I assume a lot of that was reduced capacity, fewer foreign tourists and Disney making up for lack of entertainment etc. Post covid i have to assume it will go back to before.
Oh, it was quite empty until the weekend. A very surreal experience that as a guest was amazing but not one they’d want all the time.

2753E081-DF92-40B0-AFF3-F732F378F039.jpeg

Personally, I never read anything new about it. Both DLP and the Studios still seemed to be on the table as locations.

On another note, as cool as rise of the resistance would be, I somehow hope they change it for Pandora with the 2 rides which would also benefit the parks in terms of greenery, Maybe would be a problem having to boat rides next to each other since Frozen is also just a boat ride. Also add the Quinjet e ticket ride and an indoor grid land (tron)

One thing we also here practically nothing about is how will they flesh out the Hollywood/New York theme at the entrance and make the existing stuff less ugly (right now basically concrete streets with painted warehouse buildings, remove Aladdin and so on) in comparison to the new lands. If they would go all out, they would need to upgrade all the existing theming to the level of Ratatouille.

J4546

I kinda would like it if theyd go all out with fantasy lands. maybe a BatB land, Brave land, Pinnochio land....I dunno, but have the lake surrounded by european based fantasy lands. But whatever they do, its a step in the right direction because DSP is terrible

Yes, it would also be cool if around the lake they could incorporate the different ports (like mini Disneysea) and focus on fantasy theming. I think they would have to go for new princesses like Tiana, Merida, Rapunzel (Tangeled) and Anna/Elsa with Arendelle of course.

What do you think of an alternate universe fairytale land all around the lake with different fairy tales 'bleeding' into one another? Think along the lines of the show Once upon a time from ABC. You even could explain the whole park from this fairytale perspective since everything is interwined and sometimes accessed by portals.

Last edited:

wdrive

Yes, it would also be cool if around the lake they could incorporate the different ports (like mini Disneysea) and focus on fantasy theming. I think they would have to go for new princesses like Tiana, Merida, Rapunzel (Tangeled) and Anna/Elsa with Arendelle of course.

What do you think of an alternate universe fairytale land all around the lake with different fairy tales 'bleeding' into one another? Think along the lines of the show Once upon a time from ABC. You even could explain the whole park from this fairytale perspective since everything is interwined and sometimes accessed by portals.

I mean we already have a Fantasyland, I’d rather something different to separate the two parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Keep the fairytales in Fantasyland. Enough princesses already.

LondonTom

The train float (currently in its Cheshire Cat iteration from Swing into Spring) returns!

I wonder how many floats from parades of yesteryear are still in storage, waiting to be brought out...

I believe this is pretty much everything they have :

Plus the new Frozen Season float (that may or may not have replaced something else I can't remember)

PB Watermelon

Saw the video for the Cars re-theme of the backlot tour and the old Catastrophe Canyon.

In a word...not to be a jerk, but...yikes. I thought Catastrophe Canyon was lacking at the original 1989 Disney/MGM Studios. Felt like Disney was trying to answer Universal's Earthquake attraction in Hollywood or something. That at least had some claustrophobic tension. After visiting CarsLand in DCA, it's particularly underwhelming. Hopefully it's just a placeholder for now until they tear it down and decide a better use for that real estate.

Indy_UK

Seeing some reports that Free Fast passes are going in DLRP in August and replaced with a paid only option. Apparently being called' Premier Access' which is the same as it's called in Shanghai and oddly in line with the premium for jumping the queue for Movies on Disney+

I'd expect that this will happen at all resorts.

Personally, if it means standby lines will move a lot faster, is it a bad thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom