MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Ironically, Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland has the same cannon towards the audience sequence 🤣 🤭

Steve D. and his team sure love that projection sequence, accompanied by isopar flames. I think it has been used in 4 different parks already (Shanghai, Paris, Anaheim, and Tokyo)!

cjkeating

Since we're on the topic of new nighttime shows, the Studios will be celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2022 while Disneyland Park next door will be celebrating its 30th. Do you guys think we'll see a brand new nighttime spectacular in the Studios that's not aligned with a seasonal celebration (like Star Wars: A Galactic Celebration during Legends of the Force) as well?

Well the lake area was originally due be complete in 2022 (although I expected very late 2022 and that it would slip into 2023 with Frozen and now with COVID this is more likely...) we are expecting to get Tokyo Disney Sea's Fantasmic, so it could be after the 30th has finished the focus transfers onto WDSP2 from 2023 whenever lake/Frozen/Fantasmic launches?

This could then lead into a big WDSP2 focus for the parks 25th and main parks 35th. Possible the first 'shared' anniversary as Disneyland Park always takes the focus for anniversaries.

Twilight_Roxas

As for the song most it would be the opening of the magic, the memories, and you, celebrate the magic or Live the Magic for the Disneyland Paris nighttime fireworks show while showing parts of the attractions In Disneyland Paris.

Toni25

Would you guys genuinely ACCEPT Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railway in a Toontown setting in the Disneyland PARK???
I would personally seriously hate it...such a missed opportunity to use the plot next to It's a Small World for a Fantasyland Expansion...I would really love to see a Beauty and the Beast/Cinderella dark ride along with a much needed Fantasyland Theater...maybe even a Coaster, since Europeans love them so much, a Mountain Coaster would be welcomed, or even the 7 dwarfs mine train, there is SOO MUCH space there, that backstage area is absolutely massive. Even if it means getting this expansion in 10 years.

Ever since the Americans bought back the Resort, I am extremely scarred and worried...if they apply the same kind of changes to the park they did in the USA, it's going to be really sad 😢 horrible misplaced IP's everywhere and cheap layovers.

NEW Fantasyland.png

Just for giggles, I clumsily inserted with Orange=Mountain/7Dwarfs coaster, with Blue=Theater and with Purple=Beast/Cinderella.
This is just to prove how much space there is...and STILL room for shops and restaurant.
I felt like a "Enchanted Forest" type area would be fitting for an Indoor Theater...also, focused on the OLD Princesses (a.k.a. the ones before the year 2000, since the Lake at WDS is dedicated to the modern ones).

Robbiem

Adding a toontown area to the studios would be a good move. Give the classic characters somewhere to hang out. Maybe add an aquatopia type ride themed to donald and a kiddy coaster themed to goofy as well to round it out

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I would really love to see a Beauty and the Beast/Cinderella dark ride along with a much needed Fantasyland Theater...maybe even a Coaster, since Europeans love them so much, a Mountain Coaster would be welcomed, or even the 7 dwarfs mine train, there is SOO MUCH space there, that backstage area is absolutely massive. Even if it means getting this expansion in 10 years.

This pandemic actually made me armchair Imagineer "New Fantasyland" for Disneyland Park. So far I've thought of having:
  1. A French countryside section with the (probably) D-ticket Beauty and the Beast ride and Belle's village
  2. A Hundred Acre Woods section with an E-ticket Splash Mountain-style water ride themed to Winnie the Pooh and a C-ticket (either an "Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind"-style spinner but themed to the Heffalumps and Woozles sequence or a "Silly Symphony Swings"-style wave swinger ride based on that Winnie the Pooh music box that someone posted here at some point), placed near the English countryside section (Toad Hall Restaurant, Mad Hatter Tea Cups, and Alice's Curious Labyrinth)
  3. The original (probably) D-ticket Little Mermaid ride (as designed by Tony Baxter and co.), but with a hybrid ride system (you start off as a traditional water ride then as you plunge underneath the water surface, it becomes a rail-suspended ride which allows you to "swim" through the show scenes as originally intended)
  4. A new cinema for Mickey's PhilharMagic with an updated film and new scenes (we need to get that attraction out of Discoveryland!)
I really want a new theatre as well, but Paris isn't exactly doing well in that area. The only theatre that's has a show all-year-round in the entire resort is the Animagique Theatre in the Studios. Videopolis would be next in terms of usage, then both the Studio Theatre and the Chaparral Frontierland Theatre.

They have a toon area call Toon Studios they could put Runaway Railway there.

That's what I was thinking actually! The El Capitoon Theatre would easily fit well in Toon Studios, though I'm still wary of how they'll solve the "going through the movie screen" story device that works well in the Hollywood Studios' version. Personally, I'd prefer to have a brand new theatre facade for Paris' version of Runaway Railway in the Studios; maybe the Carthay Circle?

EPCOTCenterLover

Ever since the Americans bought back the Resort, I am extremely scarred and worried...if they apply the same kind of changes to the park they did in the USA, it's going to be really sad 😢 horrible misplaced IP's everywhere and cheap layovers.

Could go either way. Remember, some American were very much involved with the design of the Parc. ;)

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Could go either way. Remember, some American were very much involved with the design of the Parc. ;)

True, but only few (or probably none) of those American Imagineers that worked on Disneyland Park still work in Imagineering today. It's times like these that I wish Paris has an art director that's a Kim Irvine-type (say what you will about her, but Disneyland has at least retained majority of its original charm throughout the years under her watchful eye).

Twilight_Roxas

Or have it be in a toon soundstage, and have the story be like guest are invited to watch a sneak peek screening of Perfect Picnic only for the screen to have a huge hole rip the screen leading guest into the cartoon world of Mickey Mouse.

The Grand Inquisitor

Something like this is what we we should be aiming for. An expansion opposite Frozenland for another Disney Princess, making the wider area a more Fantasy Springs style area. And then a large indoor Avatar themed land, which would be a bit of a rat run inside. Kinda like the feeling you get when walking around Adventureland with lot's of caves, waterfalls, dead ends, etc... Flight of passage as well as a coaster would be a good shout, and if done right would be on par with it's sister next door.

We can dream.

To much time on my hands working from home. 😅

View attachment 467123
Wow that's a awesome lineup. It would be great to see Runaway Railway and maybe Zootopia added as well. Maybe a Soarin type ride with a Rio theme. Like call it Soarin over Rio.

Toni25

This pandemic actually made me armchair Imagineer "New Fantasyland" for Disneyland Park. So far I've thought of having:

1. A Hundred Acre Woods section with an E-ticket Splash Mountain-style water ride themed to Winnie the Pooh and a C-ticket (either an "Inside Out: Emotional Whirlwind"-style spinner but themed to the Heffalumps and Woozles sequence or a "Silly Symphony Swings"-style wave swinger ride based on that Winnie the Pooh music box that someone posted here at some point), placed near the English countryside section (Toad Hall Restaurant, Mad Hatter Tea Cups, and Alice's Curious Labyrinth)

The Hundred Acres Wood was also part of my "master plan" as I was thinking of stuff during the Pandemic 🤣
They should demolish the Mickey Meet n' Greet building and have an entire Winnie the Pooh area behind the train station, with that mini carousel and the rethemed Splash. (Isn't it money saving to just retheme an existing attraction? Winnie the pooh is a great IP and it would be so unique to the park...also a new type of ride system that the park lacks.).
But it should be done using a vintage, natural cartoony aesthetic, not the overly colorful ecstasy plastic way it's done in Shanghai.
Also, there is more than enough space back there to even fit a show building and shops and what not.

winnie.png

Just Imagine the STUNNING view in the background, of that Final Drop, seen from the entire Fantasyland: A green hill, with that rooted tree (splash style) but with a beehive hanging. The view before dropping would also be amazing.
I think this should be the right step and the first one to take to add a new area to the Park.

Attachments

• winnie.png
    winnie.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 255

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom